Blu-ray Discussion Thread - The One and Only

• Please log in to reply
3244 replies to this topic

#3211 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:23 PM

Looks like Amazon may have Arrow: Season 1 on Blu-ray cheapest this week at $42.99. Has anyone seen it listed any lower?
Posted Image

#3212 jetsaredim

jetsaredim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:00 PM

Anyone have a good suggestion on a relatively cheap (but not a piece of garbage) blu-ray player?

Posted Image

#3213 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:48 PM

I see Django Unchained blu ray is only 9.99 on amazon and best buy.com. Do you think it will go any lower than that around black friday?

TwitterIcon2.pngThe7thNumber.png

#3214 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:44 AM

No but could be 9.99 during the next upgrade and save.

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#3215 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:02 AM

When is the next U&S anyway?  When was the last one?

Now playing (& watching):
:ps3:-Binary Domain
:br:-The Office season 8
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#3216 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:32 AM

The last one was in summer. The October one was cancelled due to BB reorganizing their media stricture. Normally they would have one in January, but there are fears it's gone forever.

#3217 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:24 AM

Oh that would suck. I missed the last one by one day and needed Kill Bill 1&2 cause my zavii purchase is region locked.

#3218 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:40 AM

The last one was in summer. The October one was cancelled due to BB reorganizing their media stricture. Normally they would have one in January, but there are fears it's gone forever.

I really hope that is incorrect.  I still have several DVD's I'd like to upgrade.

Now playing (& watching):
:ps3:-Binary Domain
:br:-The Office season 8
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#3219 GundamFan

GundamFan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:53 AM

If the Best Buy Upgrade and Save promotion comes back, does anyone have any suggestions on how to trade a bunch of cheap dvds I got from last year's blockbuster closing sale? None of the DVDs have cases or artwork; disc only

#3220 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:56 AM

Worthless pretty much

#3221 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:31 AM

BB requires artwork and case, so you're pretty much screwed.

You might want to check out Dollar General or Big Lots for cheap discs, which you can usually find for $0.25 - $1 at random stores.  That's where I've found my stocks of discs for U&S, though I don't think we'll see much more of it again in the future, if ever.

#3222 trend0n

trend0n

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:46 AM

Ok so I normally don't buy Bluerays, or movies for that matter.  But yesterday i picked up The Purge so the wife and I could watch it.  Anyway, It came with an ultraviolet code and since I never use that, nor would i ever feel the urge to watch that movie again, is there a way someone else can use it?  Or do u have to have like the disk or something for you to be able to actually watch it?

tl:dr

I have an ultraviolet code for The Purge if anyone wants it.  Just PM me.  Thanks.

Edit:  Taken.

#3223 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:32 AM

Anyone else a fan of the Riddick movies?  I was about to preorder the new one on Amazon and I saw that they've got a new "complete collection".  I have the old collection but after looking over the new one, I think I'll sell my old set (or give it to friends/family) because the new one has the animated film on Blu Ray and includes ultraviolet copies for each of the movies for $17 more than I was going to pay for just the new film.  If I sell it the old set, I should be able to get $10 for it no problem which would mean the net cost for the 3 UV copies + upgrade to blu on the animated short is only $7.  Plus I wouldn't have a 2nd blu ray box on my shelf.

Any word yet if that set will be lower than the current $40 price tag?

#3224 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:07 PM

I don't see a DVD discussion thread or anything related, so forgive me if this is the wrong place. I am looking for a free (trial is fine) DVD checking software. I have some scratched DVDs and rather than sit through 25 hours, I would like to check them for errors. Does anyone know a reliable free program?

#3225 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:00 PM

Go take this trading crap elsewhere:

http://www.cheapassg...-updated-81113/

#3226 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:50 PM

Not Blu-ray, but so very tempting:

20140218_154735-1.jpg

EDIT: Did a price check and it came up $15.99. Unfortunately, TRU's computers won't allow it to be sold before street date. :(

#3227 Mr_hat

Mr_hat

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:15 PM

Anyone know which versions of predator, predator 2, Conan the barbarian, terminator, terminator 2 are the best on blu ray? Ive been looking to get them but ive seen multiples of them and not sure which ones have the best audio and visuals on them.

#3228 Seasick Pirate

Seasick Pirate

Rachael's Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:03 AM

I can only speak of the Terminators and Predators as I haven't looked into the Conan blus yet (also, assuming you're meaning the 1982 version as well).

The Remastered version of Terminator just came out and looks great. It doesn't have much for extras, but I think this is the best you'll see it in a while.

Terminator 2's Skynet Edition is the one you want to go for here. Looks and sounds great and I don't think there are any re-releases planned as of yet so it'll last you a while.

As for Predator, I'd honestly buying the first release editions of these. The PQ won't blow you away but you'll be able to find them for real cheap. What's good about that is if they ever put out a decent transfer, you won't feel as bad about double dipping. This is what I've done and kept an eye on each release since with my fingers crossed hoping to upgrade.

Surely, someone else can offer their thoughts contradiction everything I've told you so take this as my opinion only.

#3229 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:21 PM

No I think you pretty much hit it on the head.

#3230 Mr_hat

Mr_hat

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:20 PM

I can only speak of the Terminators and Predators as I haven't looked into the Conan blus yet (also, assuming you're meaning the 1982 version as well).

The Remastered version of Terminator just came out and looks great. It doesn't have much for extras, but I think this is the best you'll see it in a while.

Terminator 2's Skynet Edition is the one you want to go for here. Looks and sounds great and I don't think there are any re-releases planned as of yet so it'll last you a while.

As for Predator, I'd honestly buying the first release editions of these. The PQ won't blow you away but you'll be able to find them for real cheap. What's good about that is if they ever put out a decent transfer, you won't feel as bad about double dipping. This is what I've done and kept an eye on each release since with my fingers crossed hoping to upgrade.

Surely, someone else can offer their thoughts contradiction everything I've told you so take this as my opinion only.

Do you mean this one? 612NcDRKUSL.jpg

Ill grab a skynet edition. And yes I meant the old conan, I didn't care for the new one really. I just realized I must be on some kind of ahnold subconscious kick because all of those movies had him in it. Now I want running man, and commando.

Thanks for the tips.

#3231 Seasick Pirate

Seasick Pirate

Rachael's Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:28 PM

Do you mean this one? 

That's the one!

If you're lucky you might be able to find the Commando/Predator 2-Pack for cheap. I found this at Best Buy and was the two standalone films shrink-wrapped together.

Actually, I just found this for you. It's $16.49 right now if you're up for it.

amazon.com/Alien-Predator-Commando-Three-Pack-Blu-ray/

Depends on how much you want AvP I guess. 

DCH_Logo%202014_CAG.png

Also on Twitter @ DanCote.Himself

#3232 FilmFanSam

FilmFanSam

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:38 PM

so what does everyone think of the 3D on Gravity? I thought it was superb

#3233 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:37 PM

ive never used a 3d movie on my ps 3d display but this might be the first one i get. it seems like a perfect movie to watch in 3d
Currently playing
:ps4: watch dogs, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#3234 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:14 PM

Best 3D I've seen on any movie, to date.

#3235 stefan21

stefan21

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:19 AM

I wasn't talking about the 360, I was talking about the next xbox, like I said.

Sporadic, link to that 300ish player? I'd be selling my ps3 for 500, so with proper deals, I could get a good amount of blu-rays with that extra money.

off the app store/google play. Once you do, I'd recommend CHECKING OUT THIS SITE to see how you can really get a lot out of it.

#3236 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:11 PM

So, do we know what the different Hunger Games: Catching Fire SKU's are? 

Is this the best content wise?  The shipping info dimensions seems to say this is DVD sized packaging.  That's a no go for me if true.

http://www.target.co...m=catching fire

#3237 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:27 PM

Just got back from Target, their special version is the full DVD sized box.  So for those of you like me that don't want DVD sized boxes next to their Blu Ray boxes, this is a no go.

#3238 Seasick Pirate

Seasick Pirate

Rachael's Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:45 PM

Is there any word on any Captain America: The Winter Soldier movie/theater cash floating around anywhere? I haven't seen anything and figure it would be available by now.

I'll be going to Captain America anyway, but if I can have an excuse to pick up Iron Man 3 or Thor: The Dark World as well, I'll take advantage.

#3239 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:06 PM

Is there any word on any Captain America: The Winter Soldier movie/theater cash floating around anywhere? I haven't seen anything and figure it would be available by now.

I'll be going to Captain America anyway, but if I can have an excuse to pick up Iron Man 3 or Thor: The Dark World as well, I'll take advantage.

Unless they do it with stickers added to existing product, it looks like there won't be any offers of movie cash.

They normally do a "new" release with a different SKU # or UPC # when they have a movie cash deal, though they have done it a time or two with just adding stickers with the movie cash information to existing product. 

I would say if you see nothing in an ad for next week showing a movie cash deal, there won't be one.

#3240 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:05 AM

They didn't do anything for Thor 2 and Iron Man 3, so don't hold your breath.

There are two DMR coupons for movie cash to a Disney movie, but I don't know if it includes MCU movies.