Photo
- - - - -

CAGplay Forecast #1: That's a Terrible Name

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#31 GrocersPride

GrocersPride

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:18 PM

Just started listening... already awesome because the show started out with a Five Iron Frenzy Song!!

#32 DJSteel

DJSteel

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:20 PM

Wombat, I think from now on, you have to refer Chad Johnson to Chad Ocho Cinco.

Yes, he actually officially changed his name so he can have it on his Jersey...

I prefer.. Ocho Stinko
Posted ImagePosted Image
Mario kart Wii Code - 4597-0827-2394

#33 McWeen

McWeen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:28 PM

Interesting colaberation. The whole twilight argument goes back to Cheapy's Legend of Ted of whatever he called it. That had the main character not been Link the game would be ignored for the most part.

Liked Shipwreck sticking up for the JRPGs.

#34 BoneMonkey80

BoneMonkey80

Bonetastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:03 PM

I loved the forecast! great work guys!
Posted Image

#35 Shady3011

Shady3011

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:09 PM

It's ok, shipwreck. I haven't open MGS4 either.

#36 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:41 PM

The police chief (Bulletproof?) was also African-American (and bulletproof), if I recall correctly, but I was struck most at that tender age by the heavily stereotypical criminal big boss (er... Big Boss?) who was quite heavyset and had an accent I just loved to imitate ("Nyeah, nyeah!").

But what I was really wondering was whether ship was gonna identify the intro and outro music. I think I've heard the former but can positively identify the latter as Caedmon's Call. Should've been clued into it earlier, but I had no idea he was a Christian. Makes me feel a bit better about visiting a site that's called CAG (well, you know what it stands for). :)

As others have pointed out, the intro was Five Iron Frenzy - "Wizard Needs Food Badly".

The outro is Caedmon's Call - "Potiphar's Door", which I believe is only available on one of their fanclub CD's (Guild Collection 2).

Two of my favorite bands, well, I think Caedmon's songwriting went downhill after they split ways with Aaron Tate, but their early stuff is amazing.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#37 CtrlAltDft

CtrlAltDft

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:48 PM

Wow, I got confused for a second... I look at the name and I see Forecast and I thought you guys were doing a weather show... I was seriously wtf'ing.

Downloading now but I'm wondering, who wrote the outline for this?

Edit: Nevermind, by Wombat saying it's his show and that he's hosting, I assume he made the outline.

Edited by CtrlAltDft, 29 August 2008 - 09:10 PM.

#38 dubbfoolio

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:45 PM

I was the one who invited you guys to play fantasy football and yes you are big jerks. ;)

#39 angryemu

angryemu

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2008 - 11:11 PM

Shipwreck, it's good to know that there are other Christian music enthusiasts out there! Way to stand up and say that not all Christian music sucks! Sure, some of it sucks, but there's also some really good stuff out there.

If you're a fan of Caedmon's Call then I assume you've listened to some of Derek Webb's solo stuff? It's fan-tastic. His first solo album "She Must and Shall Go Free" is especially great. Keep up the great podcasting!

#40 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2008 - 11:49 PM

Bruce Cambell didn't narrate the Spider Man N64/PS1 game. It was Stan "the Man" Lee.

http://en.wikipedia....2000_video_game)

But yeah, best Spider Man game ever.
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#41 JMEPO

JMEPO

Drakes Deception

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 12:31 AM

Will get to listenin!

#42 4est

4est

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 12:35 AM

Penny Arcade also had a good post today about the need for Christian Music in Rock Band / Guitar Hero. Color me surprised.

I think some of Pillar, POD, Thousand Foot Krutch, OC Supertones, Family Force 5's better songs would have some mainstream appeal and some level of difficulty in the game.

#43 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 12:37 AM

Bruce Cambell didn't narrate the Spider Man N64/PS1 game. It was Stan "the Man" Lee.

http://en.wikipedia....2000_video_game)

But yeah, best Spider Man game ever.

does he appear in the game at all? I thought he did the tutorial

#44 dpac

dpac

FastFoodSnob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 12:45 AM

If you're a fan of Caedmon's Call then I assume you've listened to some of Derek Webb's solo stuff? It's fan-tastic. His first solo album "She Must and Shall Go Free" is especially great. Keep up the great podcasting!

Haven't heard much of Derek's solo stuff myself, but I always liked the songs he wrote for Caedmon's, especially during the early years. But, yeah... I'd very much be interested in that Guitar Praise game, too -- if my computer can handle it (hey, it's pretty weak) and if my Rock Band guitar works with it.

#45 TheEyecon

TheEyecon

Red Sox Pride!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 02:25 AM

The CAGplay Forecast? What we'll get next? The Green Eggs and Ham'Cast?
I think this is CAGplay Forecast #2 because I remember a Foreplay with Ship and Wombat in June.
Anyways great show guys.
Posted Image

#46 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 02:43 AM

You don't cover expansions on CAG Foreplay, Shipwreck?

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=182154

Pixel Junk Monsters Encore Systems: PS3 MSRP: $5ish
Since I'm currently ultra-addicted to PJM, I was relieved to hear that there would be a new expansion pack, hopefully this week. Ship and I played this game together and had a blast. For those of you unfamiliar with our little monster friends, the goal of the game is to create towers with various weapons in order to eliminate as many monsters from taking over your board. That's just about as simply as I can describe tis quirky RTS title, so if you interest is peaked, check out the demo. The new expansion is rumored to be around $5 and will include a new island with 15 new maps. The special abilities you learned from the original will have to be re-learned for the sequel. Crap, no running! - mrs. ship

I don't know about the Dreamcast being a system that has a lot of great games. It has a good number, but not that many that would keep me playing for ten years after it came out.

Warhawk did have a tutorial out of the gate, but it would pop-up as you pick up a gun you've never tried before to let you know how to pull it up in the quick select and what it's good for. The new one is really in-depth, giving you more of a walkthrough of the weapons and skills than the original tutorial. It's very good for the crappy There are still plenty of servers that don't require you to purchase the add-ons, official or not, as you can filter out the games that use the maps you don't own. You don't need to own the booster packs to be able to play, though you could contact Sony to get codes for the new booster pack if you can handle the guilt, Wombat.

Edited by FriskyTanuki, 30 August 2008 - 03:29 AM.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#47 TiE23

TiE23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 03:19 AM

Okay... I listened to this on the drive to PAX today... and I've got to say that sadly, the talks about Fantasy Football and Nintendo were incredibly boring. I mean, especially the Nintendo bit, I could tell that both of you guys were wanting to say "I barely play my Wii ever, there are hardly any games that I'm excited for that are coming out, any potentially blockbuster firstparty Wii games are months and months away, and on top of that, I may not even be excited for them when they're announced." Instead, you basically just avoid the truth and say "Well, it's dissapointing, but I don't know." For 10-15 minutes! Uhhhg, well, I'm gonna listen to the rest of the show, but my god I'd have more fun watching paint dry.

#48 Smallville123

Smallville123

CAGetmedown!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 03:30 AM

He was the narrator in the ps2 games.
Insert clever line here......

#49 Rusty Ghia

Rusty Ghia

Posted 30 August 2008 - 04:22 AM

When Wombat mentioned "The Jesus" I thought that he meant
Posted Image

And nobody fucks with The Jesus.
"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Bixby Snyder

#50 Panther1484

Panther1484

Hail to Pitt!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 04:53 AM

Good show guys. A nice change of pace from the usual. Hopefully this is a more common occurance when Cheapy is MIA.

Loved the convo about the diffferent players in Warhawk. I also love the jumping guy in these shooters. And the guy who just drives a jeep just to drive. Haha great! :)

#51 pelf21

pelf21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 07:10 AM

So Ship, are you a fan of POD and/or MXPX?

I highly recommend the mxpx album "Slowing going the way of the buffalo" its great stuff.....

#52 naiku

naiku

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 07:34 AM

i normally find wombat more entertaining w/ his rebuttals then Cheapy, then shipwreck is the 'master of knowledge of all the unknown games' so this podcast would be the best one ever... right? Wrong.

Cheapy plays the huge roll of getting the show moving. He also adds a certain type of charisma into the podcast that you dont normally find, a bit of showmanship which isn't there without him. I think foreplay is great since Mrs. Ship, pushes the show along and you get to the content of new games quick and fast with all relevant info in a nice bite size sections.

There was too much time spent on too human. Neither ship or wombat wanted to move on which allowed Wombat to get upset with the story(not having more nortic background), then later say he skips the cut scenes in the game. I think it caught ship off guard but still...wombat don't complain about the story when you know you don't watch the cut scenes. I am not defending the game since i only played the demo, and didn't care for the game play just bringing up the point.
Complaining for a lack of a certain type of story, then say you don't watch the cut scenes is really a poor argument.

Can't wait for the next weeks normal programing. D:
Posted Image

#53 StinkyCheese

StinkyCheese

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:32 AM

that 'norse god nerd' voice Wombat did was great! A job in cartoon/animation on the horizon ;)
[URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=3041#comments"][/URL]

#54 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:33 AM

Wikipedia says he was in the movie based game. That's where you got confused.
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#55 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 30 August 2008 - 12:13 PM

So Ship, are you a fan of POD and/or MXPX?

I highly recommend the mxpx album "Slowing going the way of the buffalo" its great stuff.....

I liked P.O.D. for a small stretch, but I'm not a big fan of the whole rapcore style or whatever that type of music is.

I do like MXPX, especially from that era. I haven't bought their latest album yet. I guess if people want to know what my favorite Christian bands are I can just list some of them.

-Caedmon's Call
-Five Iron Frenzy/Brave Saint Saturn
-Jars of Clay
-Plankeye
-Poor Old Lu

There are a lot more that I enjoy, but I think I celebrate the entire catalog of those 5 bands.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#56 SuxoR

SuxoR

What choice did I have?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 02:55 PM

I liked this show a lot with a little more wombat and shipwreck practice I'm sure it'll rival the CAGcast this episode felt so friendly :] and even MORE casual :D

1xz7eo.gif

#57 itachiitachi

itachiitachi

Posted 30 August 2008 - 03:00 PM

I would like more of these shows, it was nice to have two informed hosts. Also I liked the fantasy football talk, you guys should get teams in a league together then talk about it on the show.

Forgive me if I have a little nuance to my worldview, and am not a black/white ideologue who can't grasp complexity.

This is perhaps the most ironic thing I have ever seen on CAG.

#58 Panther1484

Panther1484

Hail to Pitt!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 05:21 PM

I liked P.O.D. for a small stretch, but I'm not a big fan of the whole rapcore style or whatever that type of music is.

I do like MXPX, especially from that era. I haven't bought their latest album yet. I guess if people want to know what my favorite Christian bands are I can just list some of them.

-Caedmon's Call
-Jars of Clay
-Plankeye
-Poor Old Lu

There are a lot more that I enjoy, but I think I celebrate the entire catalog of those 5 bands.

Some good choices there Ship. I'm also afan of Relient K. It seems a lot of christian bands come from the Ohio area?

My favorite christian group right now is The Devil Wears Prada, a christian metalcore band. Not really into the type of muic, but thier cover of Still Fly is real catchy...

#59 angryemu

angryemu

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 06:34 PM

I guess if people want to know what my favorite Christian bands are I can just list some of them.

-Caedmon's Call
-Jars of Clay
-Plankeye
-Poor Old Lu

Ship,

If you like FiF and BSS, then I assume you've listened to Roper? Roper is (as far as I know) Reece Roper's current band. "Brace Yourself for the Mediocre" by Roper is a really solid album.

Also, have you listened to the newest JoC album "Good Monsters?" It's a real return-to-form for me. Plankeye's "Commonwealth" was one of the two albums (along with Seven Day Jesus' "The Hunger") that got me started into making my own music. It looks like we have very similar musical taste.

What do you think about Shane & Shane and David Crowder?

#60 Treythalomew

Treythalomew

Add me on PSN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:21 PM

After listening to this podcast i listed my Wii on ebay. I thought you guys were joking by saying nothing was coming out for the rest of the year. Then I looked and realized that the only game I would have any interested in is Animal Crossing. Shipwreck was right. Every Nintendo game has already come out for the Wii. I figure I can sell now and then just buy one for maybe 200 new in a year or two when a new Zelda comes out or something.
Posted Image