Photo
- - - - -

GS/EB Ad for 8/29 - 9/4 w/ Coupon - 25% Off Any Used 360/Xbox Games (Limit 3)

• Please log in to reply
418 replies to this topic

#391 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 04 September 2008 - 11:25 PM

New ad and coupon information/links have been sent to dcyphr. New thread will be up soon.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#392 fatez

fatez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2008 - 11:26 PM

that is pretty funny... guess they probably wont be making anything off taking in all those consoles and selling them back for the same amount. :x

#393 gi60

gi60

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2008 - 11:38 PM

Well, since today's the last day, I guess I'm going have to bite and pick up Bioshock for approximately $23. Which is fine because my local mall is running a promo this month where if you spend $100 in the mall with your Discover card, you get a $10 gift card and I'm only $16 short of $100.

OT but just fyi Target is selling Bioschock brand new for $ 19.99.. unless you're using GS credit...

#394 ryne candy

ryne candy

Duck Duck Duck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2008 - 11:39 PM

I got a call back from the DM about the issue I quoted above and was told he is fine with his employees putting holds on games as long as they are not on the clock when they do so. And since Mike was not on the clock when the game came in as a trade-in there was no issue with the other guy holding it back from the sales floor for him, whatever. Thats not a store that I really ever shop out I was just passing it during work that day, so from now on I know not to stop there.

Well if they are off the clock they are customers and as customers I've had a couple of stores hold games for me. Usually if I tell them I am on my way they will hold the copy; I got one store to hold Madden 09 for me when the PS3 used games coupon was out. One told me they would hold it for the day; I assume they put it back up the next morning.

#395 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 04 September 2008 - 11:42 PM

Blockbuster is also selling Bioshock Used for $19.99 if you've got BBV credit.
My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)

#396 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2008 - 11:53 PM

Well if they are off the clock they are customers and as customers I've had a couple of stores hold games for me. Usually if I tell them I am on my way they will hold the copy; I got one store to hold Madden 09 for me when the PS3 used games coupon was out. One told me they would hold it for the day; I assume they put it back up the next morning.

I think being an employee of the store either on the clock or off the clock I think it gives them an unfair advantage on having game held for them in the first place. How do I know this store might not hold games for regular customers in the first place and since he is an employee he gets a more desired game held for him. It's not really a big deal I am fine with the DM policy, the way i figure is they saved me $38.00 since it seems I will get the most out of the game with a Gamefly rental anyway.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#397 ryne candy

ryne candy

Duck Duck Duck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2008 - 12:03 AM

I think being an employee of the store either on the clock or off the clock I think it gives them an unfair advantage on having game held for them in the first place. How do I know this store might not hold games for regular customers in the first place and since he is an employee he gets a more desired game held for him. It's not really a big deal I am fine with the DM policy, the way i figure is they saved me $38.00 since it seems I will get the most out of the game with a Gamefly rental anyway.

Yeah...true but its one of the perks of working somewhere. My mom works part time at a department store, so she is aware of the sales in advance and she gets a discount on top of any sales or clearance prices. I call it "insider" information......just like CAG. :bouncy:

#398 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2008 - 12:06 AM

New ad and coupon information/links have been sent to dcyphr. New thread will be up soon.

since the new thread isn't up yet can you tell us east coasters what the new coupon is?

debating some between whether I should get one last game from this coupon or hold onto my money

#399 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 05 September 2008 - 12:10 AM

Ah okay, it is $20 off a used Xbox or Phat PS2.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#400 nwaugh

nwaugh

thread killa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2008 - 12:24 AM

in case anyone wants to see it early:
Posted Image

#401 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2008 - 12:40 AM

in case anyone wants to see it early:
Posted Image

damn. I don't know why I had high hopes since it was PS2 last week and I think Wii before. Seems weird they would do the $20 extra on the systems, and now give 20% off xbox and PS2. Wouldn't they be losing money? Not that they aren't loaded out the a== on these systems. You would think they would want to hang on to Christmas and these things would probably be flying off the shelves (PS2 at least).

#402 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2008 - 12:49 AM

:cry:

Figured it would be a Nintendo coupon.

#403 kart007k

kart007k

Posted 05 September 2008 - 12:55 AM

Got Lost oddesy for $22.00 and the clerk forgot to scan the mass effect copy. I would say I am more luckier than people who got Tale of Vesperia & Mercenaries.

#404 jmillion

jmillion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2008 - 02:19 AM

Mass Effect- $19.49
Condemned 2- $11.69
Arcade Compilation(comes w/ 360)- $7.79

i was so happy to see that Arcade disk. i always miss out on it and it was sittin there last week.
Posted Image

#405 Collectorguy00

Collectorguy00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:19 AM

Hey guys, I bought some games today but I'm unsure if I got the best deal. Are these games cheaper elsewhere at all? I've been out of the loop.

I got

Blue Dragon - 11.69
Kane & Lynch - 16.24
Condemned 2 - 11.69
The Club - 11.99
Posted ImagePosted Image
"I'd rather Rashad win because he got a big mouth and I don't like the fact that he play with his nipples right before he go and fight another man, that's gay!" Rampage Jackson on Evans vs Machida

#406 Suraph

Suraph

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:21 AM

Too Human for $35 -- excellent coupon this week :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

#407 Denbo32

Denbo32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:50 AM

Blue Dragon, damn that one I forgot to pick up.

I did end up getting Madden 09, Civ, LO, and SCIV i loved this coupon.

How did the LO come btw they shoved 3 CD on one side and 1 in a sleve on the left. I thought that was really odd.

#408 killer9

killer9

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:57 AM

this deal officially dead now dang

GameFly is off the hook! Get 1 free month by using my link!

http://gamefly.tella...com/a/clk/dP7nv

#409 lockey

lockey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2008 - 05:23 AM

Mass Effect- $19.49
Condemned 2- $11.69

I was so happy to see that Arcade disk. i always miss out on it and it was sittin there last week.

I was happy I found a GS with the arcade disk too. Someone else mentioned on here to always know what you are paying. Knowledge is power. I bought some other games with it. I checked the discs as always but did not check the receipt. I was wondering how mine was more $$$ when I got home. Stickered as PopCap Arcade @ $20. Called back and the mang is cool with me. Always says to me what coupons do you have now but not in a dick way. Said to bring it in and will fix it. That's my favorite GS wish they would get more newly used releases.

#410 elmyra

elmyra

King of the Road

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2008 - 05:37 AM

i was so happy to see that Arcade disk. i always miss out on it and it was sittin there last week.

I was happy I found a GS with the arcade disk too.

I asked this in another thread, but didn't get a definite answer - does the compilation that came with the Xbox 360 Arcade system include a manual? I've seen a couple without one, and I don't want to buy if they're incomplete.

#411 killer9

killer9

Posted 05 September 2008 - 05:41 AM

no manual just the disc

GameFly is off the hook! Get 1 free month by using my link!

http://gamefly.tella...com/a/clk/dP7nv

#412 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2008 - 06:09 AM

I asked this in another thread, but didn't get a definite answer - does the compilation that came with the Xbox 360 Arcade system include a manual? I've seen a couple without one, and I don't want to buy if they're incomplete.

no manual just the disc

killer9 is correct (not that he needs my approval but you wanted a definite answer).
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#413 chernobog

chernobog

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2008 - 06:12 AM

I got Too Human for $35. Not the greatest game, but I'm a sucker for the dungeon crawlers. And I'll get some amusement out of it for this price. Thanks to the OP!

#414 jmillion

jmillion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:13 AM

mine didnt come w/ a manual. i mean i guess because its just a bunch of games on it. Pac-Man Championship is funnnn. and im enjoying Boom Boom Rocket too. i was thinkin bout gettng Lost Od. but none of the employees could give me feedback.

#415 io

io

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:51 AM

Blue Dragon, damn that one I forgot to pick up.

I did end up getting Madden 09, Civ, LO, and SCIV i loved this coupon.

How did the LO come btw they shoved 3 CD on one side and 1 in a sleve on the left. I thought that was really odd.

You should have gotten Blue Dragon - I enjoyed it a lot. Also, yes, LO came that way originally: discs 1-3 crammed together and disc 4 in a sleeve on the side with the manual ;).

i was thinkin bout gettng Lost Od. but none of the employees could give me feedback.

Dude, you should have asked here. It is an excellent RPG. That reminds me, I need to do that DLC dungeon one of these days.

So the next coupon is $20 off a refurbed PS2 or Xbox? Well, it will be nice to take a break from running around to GS stores after the last 3 weeks. The first week I got several Wii games (Okami, Endless Ocean, BW2, Dewey's Adventure) I had wanted at less than half original MSRP, all in near mint condition. Then the following week I stocked up on some PSP stuff (Tales of the World, FF Tactics, and Riviera). And finally I rounded out the 3 week run with Burnout Paradise and Rock Band for the 360. I almost bought Civ Rev but I decided I have way too much to play now and it will be $30 new before I even have a chance to get to it (and hopefully, then, $17.xx after another of these coupons ;)).

#416 elmyra

elmyra

King of the Road

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:10 AM

no manual just the disc

killer9 is correct (not that he needs my approval but you wanted a definite answer).

Thanks!

I almost bought Civ Rev but I decided I have way too much to play now and it will be $30 new before I even have a chance to get to it (and hopefully, then, $17.xx after another of these coupons ;)).

Yeah, it took a lot of willpower, but I also waited. I keep finding that games in my backlog have crashed in price while they were sitting unplayed. I bought EDF 2017 new at CompUSA for $20, and I just found a mint copy at BB for $6.99 in cheap trade credit. Now to try and get rid of the new copy...

#417 io

io

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:22 AM

Yeah, it took a lot of willpower, but I also waited. I keep finding that games in my backlog have crashed in price while they were sitting unplayed. I bought EDF 2017 new at CompUSA for $20, and I just found a mint copy at BB for $6.99 in cheap trade credit. Now to try and get rid of the new copy...

Ha, that pales in comparison to my unplayed "Limited Edition" of Final Fantasy XII :roll:... Or that sealed Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn I preordered... Or that never-touched Disgaea 2 purchased at full retail... I could go on ;). That is why I held off on all those games I ended up purchasing with these 25% off coupons. It took a bit of work, but I managed to get very good copies of most of them (Rock Band was the worst of course). I just wish I had waited a bit on some of the DS stuff like FF Tactics and TWEWY that I bought at $40 and have yet to play... I didn't use that Nintendo coupon on any DS stuff because I have pretty much been buying what I want when it releases. I do wish, now, though, that I had used it to get FF XII RW. I thought for sure I'd be able to find it at CC but no luck (on the flip side, though, I held off on getting DQ Swords for the Wii from GS and I did manage to find that at CC for $13.56). So if they ever do bring these coupons back I guess I'll jump on that. I probably should have gotten Crisis Core for the PSP also. So at least I have a few things to hunt for if/when these coupons come back around.

#418 mickeyp

mickeyp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2008 - 02:54 PM

I got Arcade Compilation ( I passed on this a couple of times and then made a special run to the store for it last night)
Transformer The Game( for my son--is this any good? We have the game Transformers for the PS2 it is an older game and he loves that one so much.),
Tetris Evolution( I will try this any opinions?),
Burnout Paradise( my son really likes this),
Oblivion collectors edition,
and crackdown.
Smile

#419 abcbadcat

abcbadcat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2008 - 06:44 PM

Damn it, I thought this coupon went into the weekend

I really wanted Condemned 2 for $12