Dave Attell

nevposey

CAGiversary!
Anyone a fan of him? Hes gonna be in my area this weekend and thinking about seeing him live. I liked his Insomniac Show on Comedy Central and his version of Gong Show too, the one on last night was one of the better ones yet. I don't think that Horny Suit guy should have won though. Anyone else watch?

I find his shit to be pretty damn funny. I ended up not going to sleep till near 4am because i watched his insomniac Tokyo episode. Bad thing is i've already seen it but still had to watch it again. That was one of my favorite shows when back in the day. I'd go see his show if he was coming to my town

"you wake up, the sun's shining through the windshield, you look into her eye, her one good eye, strap on her fake leg and that's when you know: you've fucked a pirate"

The other night I had the lonely bug so I went to this bar. I saw this beautiful girl there. I'm thinking, "She's alone, I'm alone. Why not annoy the shit out of her?" SO I walk over, I'm walking, I'm wearing clogs. And I notice she has a black eye, she has a shiner. I'm thinking, "Great. She doesn't listen." So two McNuggets, three beers, and 50 dollars later we're back at my house doing it doggy style. Not that I planned on it, that's just how she passed out. Thank you slow gas leak.

Dave is funny as hell. While I was in college me and my good friend spent a lot of nights drinking and watching his show.

"Cigarette you need a cigarette after sex. You dont roll off somebody and say, OOO That was amazing. Skittles? Would you like a Skittle?"

Dave Attell is among my favorite comedians. The others being Zack Galifiniakis, David Cross, Lewis Black, and Mitch Hedburg :)cry:).

Dave's hilarious because he makes you physically uncomfortable with his schtick. I like comedians that push the boundaries of common decency.

You have to go back to his Comedy Central specials and Insomniac. "If you want to inject a little mystery in your relationship, take a dump in the middle of the floor." It's so crazy that it just makes you want to laugh.

....first thing that came to mind was that he died after reading the topic...as for him as a comedian he is alright and I agree with Chacrana, his delivery leaves little to be desired

Oh, man, him and doug stanhope are 2 of my favs. I think Doug Benson would be third ("super high me" was ridiculous funny and I don't even smoke pot)

His HBO special wasn't good but he's still the funniest out there right now.

I actually worked with him in a short film (that never got financed); We filmed in a San Francisco hotel where he was a pimp.

He's a cool dude to hang with.

He was funny when he was fresh on the circuit. Now the guy is obnoxious as hell. One of those comedians with the tired act that implies he doesn't want to be there.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']He was funny when he was fresh on the circuit. Now the guy is obnoxious as hell. One of those comedians with the tired act that implies he doesn't want to be there.[/quote]
Yeah, basically I want to say after Insomniac ended and he "specialized" in basically HBO specials (or that awful one with Dane Cook on Comedy Central) he just lost his edge. It felt like after that he had to make his jokes just more crude and because of that he wasn't anywhere good like he originally was. No longer about his schtick, but following the footsteps in *shudder* Dane Cook.

Best comedian quote ever:

"You ever make fun of someone so much you think you should thank them for all the good times you've had?"

"you remember when you thought your dad was superman, then you grew up and realized he was just a drunk wearing a cape all the time?"

"It's because of men like you that women like that fuck guys like me"

“You know, men and women are a lot alike in certain situations. Like when they're both on fire - they're exactly alike.”

"I think pot should be legal, I do. I also think if your cousin is super-hot, you should be able to fuck one time."

"If I had a kid, I’d give him a name that would make everyone would want to say his name. I’d call him, Pizza-Pussy-Santa. I would! Cause everybody likes one of those things."

"Ever wrestle your dog 'til you cum?"

'If you go to Germany and get drunk, at some point you're going to look up Hitler in the phone book."

"Sex and murder are the same. Well, you say the same after both don't you? "Damn I got to get the hell out of here!""What was I thinking!"

"The best you can do is just roll over and let it drip out."

:rofl:

[quote name='Maklershed']Dave Attell is among my favorite comedians. The others being Zack Galifiniakis, David Cross, Lewis Black, and Mitch Hedburg :)cry:).[/quote]

Great list, Dave Attell is great and if you have a chance to see him don't pass it up.

I ended up not seeing him but will catch him next time hes in my neck of the hood. I missed his Gong Show over the week but soon found out I can get most of the clips online, which is how I watch most TV these days. Heres the link: http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/gong_show/index.jhtml

I think that girl swallowing the balloon should have won, with a skill like that you can make a lot of money... my friend likes that beats and ladders vid which I thought was pretty cool too.

bread's done
Back