Ninja Blade - Gen. Discussion & Info - Demo Now On XBLM

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 Mr. Pink

Mr. Pink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 03:37 AM

Downloading the demo now, can't wait to try it.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 IRON WARRIOR

IRON WARRIOR

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:50 AM

Are you guys serious? That demo was TERRIBLE. I love Ninja Gaiden, but Ninja Blade sucks.

#33 ricoraney

ricoraney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:19 PM

A rental or a buy at $20 at best. Game looks great, but I really think they over do it with the QTEs. People please stop comparing it to NG. NG set a standard that every game that follows it will suffer from accusations of it being a 'rip-off' or 'wannabe'. That's just like all of the open world games out there that receive the same labels as GTA.

Now on another note, if I am not mistaken, From Software is developing a game called 'Demon's Souls' for the PS3. From what I hear, it is a sequel to the game 'King's Field'. Go to gametrailers.com and check it out, it looks amazing! I believe Sony is publishing it, because at the intro, I saw 'Japan Studios'. Looks to be an action/adventure or action-rpg. No QTEs.

#34 ananag112

ananag112

CAGS FOR COCO!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:24 PM

Are you guys serious? That demo was TERRIBLE. I love Ninja Gaiden, but Ninja Blade sucks.

Ninja Blade seems like a watered down version of Ninja Gaiden. What it lacks in depth though, it sort of makes up in style.
Posted Image

#35 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 03:13 AM

The demo was pretty good. Not quite Otogi level with those silly QTE's and a rather lame boss battle. Hope the full game is much more varied and it should be worth a purchase when it drops a bit.

#36 will52

will52

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:38 PM

Hopefully no ones made this yet, I searched.

NINJA BLADE
Published by: Microsoft
Developed by: FromSoftware
Release Date: April 7, 2009?
Genre: Action

Posted Image

Demo is now out on Xbox Live.

Seems pretty decent to me from playing the demo. Not as good as Ninja Gaiden, but from what I can tell from the demo, not as hard either. For me, this game seems like a rental.

Anyone play it yet? Impressions? Day One?

#37 willardhaven

willardhaven

Thief of Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:58 PM

It looks like a complete knockoff of NG. I haven't played it yet, but I the lack of originality is hilarious.

PaulManda.png

#38 Spartan V07

Spartan V07

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:57 PM

Actually it isn't a complete knockoff of NG. It does have similarities but it feels different enough to not feel like a ripoff. Combat is slower and i like the way you fight the spider boss.

#39 coolsteel

coolsteel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:58 AM

Yuck, way too many QTE moments , spider boss was also pretty damn repetitive. 20 or less game.

#40 GodlyOne

GodlyOne

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:19 PM

Well, the game's out now but I can't help but be reminded of Vampire Rain from the character models and overall look of the game.

godlyone.gif

#41 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:23 PM

I'm digging the game. It's different that most of what's out there. Yeah it's got plenty of QTE's but it's kinda like an interactive CGI movie at times.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#42 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:43 PM

Haven't you beaten it yet? You've had it a long time

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#43 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:53 PM

No, I kept glitching in the first level, when you beat the first boss...I quit for a while, just went back to it, found out that installing it to the HDD fixed that glitched when I searched online...it worked. I'm barely in the 2nd level.

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#44 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:41 AM

Cool. Let us know how long it is. I almost picked it up today, but I can't imagine it being more than QTE, random fight, QTE, random fight.. I love QTE's, but with all the things coming out lately, I didn't know if it'd be worth buying or just renting.

Posted Image

#45 danked

danked

Devourer of souls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:58 AM

No, I kept glitching in the first level, when you beat the first boss...I quit for a while, just went back to it, found out that installing it to the HDD fixed that glitched when I searched online...it worked. I'm barely in the 2nd level.

the window glitch?, restarting the level should also fix the problem.
Piracy Isn’t Killing The Movie Industry, Greed Is

"you can say I am a dreamer but I am not the only one"

Posted Image

I repair 360's

#46 allen9917

allen9917

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:31 PM

All you guys bashing the game based on a couple of minutes demo play should give it a second look. This is simply a great game. not as difficult and deep as NG, but still has awesome actions. I'm not sure whether it will be a top seller but this game is much more enjoyable than so many other games out there.

#47 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2009 - 05:44 PM

Totally loving the game, I'm on mission 4 IIRC. Oh and heads up, there's a free costumes & emblems set via DLC on the marketplace:

http://marketplace.x...307d9?cid=SLink

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#48 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:25 PM

I agree. I'm having a lot more fun with this game than I had with both Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden 2. The finishers on regular enemies are just sick.

Posted Image

#49 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:34 PM

I'm on mission 4 and it's pissing me off. The plane takes too much damage and it's game over!
Posted Image