LittleBigPlanet Pre-order Bonuses

• Please log in to reply
717 replies to this topic

#31 JMEPO

JMEPO

Drakes Deception

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:07 AM

Hmm... I'm leaning towards GS on this one. I'm gonna be the coolest dude ever with Kratos 8-) Your jealousy will be massive.

#32 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:17 AM

I'm holding out for an actual sackboy, but that seems pretty low at this point in time.

At a glance, I thought I read:
"I'm holding onto my actual sackboy, but that seems pretty low at this point in time."
My mind is filthy:applause:

#33 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:23 AM

Fuck yes, best case scenario. Now I can pick up the preorder box at BB and keep my GS preorder as well. I was at BB tonight picking up Infinite Undiscovery and they didn't have a box for it yet, but hopefully soon.

So I'm assuming a pre-order box at Best Buy works the same way? $5 down, walk out with that box.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#34 Se7en69

Se7en69

Revolutionary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:50 AM

I want that Kratos code, but I've been screwed on preorder bonuses by Gamestop so many times we might as well be cell mates.

Let's plot on busting out and looting all Gamestops! :)

This is one of the only times I actually want a preorder bonus and they better not screw me over. Only reason I preordered and actually paid it off in full, was to have Kratos.

Going to try again with another employee whenever I have the chance. But if this one also says early October... :bomb:

#35 ivanctorres

ivanctorres

Johan is gansta!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:50 AM

Hmm best buy seems the most interesting to me at this point. Love Nariko but I would love to get both Kratos and Nariko.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#36 Se7en69

Se7en69

Revolutionary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:53 AM

I have a stack of preorder codes from my local GS. Dude gave me the sealed stack of them instead of just one. I checked back today and they got another stack so just ask them and they'll give you one.

Trouble is they told me they would not get any in till early October. Going to try again with another employee, but this guy was the assistant manager and checked on the computer. I bet they gave out all their codes already and don't expect more until then.

#37 ChunkyLover78

ChunkyLover78

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:17 AM

question about the best buy. is there a way to just get nariko but not the game? when you preorder, do you get the code right away like gamestop and you can cancel the preorder?

#38 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:10 AM

question about the best buy. is there a way to just get nariko but not the game? when you preorder, do you get the code right away like gamestop and you can cancel the preorder?

you could pre order, pick up the game then return it i guess.

#39 heyo007

heyo007

Loco for P.B.Loco PB!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:33 AM

Cheaper than what?

I don't know, how about $5 a piece (what it would cost to pre-order and not get your money back).

#40 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2008 - 04:00 PM

At a glance, I thought I read:
"I'm holding onto my actual sackboy, but that seems pretty low at this point in time."
My mind is filthy:applause:

Your prayers have been answered...well not necessarily a pre-order bonus but...

http://www.ncsx.com/..._plush_toys.htm

Shipping later this year, the dolls come in two different sizes - 10 centimeter tall mascot figures, suitable for hanging from backpacks, belt loops, review mirrors and the like, and 25 centimeter plushies, which come in both normal and hook n' eye patch pirate flavors. They're both available for pre-order via NCS for $12.18 and $22.90 respectively, with the former including free shipping.

#41 mywhitenoise

mywhitenoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:50 PM

Your prayers have been answered...well not necessarily a pre-order bonus but...

http://www.ncsx.com/..._plush_toys.htm

Shipping later this year, the dolls come in two different sizes - 10 centimeter tall mascot figures, suitable for hanging from backpacks, belt loops, review mirrors and the like, and 25 centimeter plushies, which come in both normal and hook n' eye patch pirate flavors. They're both available for pre-order via NCS for $12.18 and $22.90 respectively, with the former including free shipping.

Those look stupid. They don't even look like they were made with sack texture.
Posted Image

#42 mywhitenoise

mywhitenoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:54 PM

Hmm... I'm leaning towards GS on this one. I'm gonna be the coolest dude ever with Kratos 8-) Your jealousy will be massive.

Not really, since I already got my Kratos code, and canceled. Then I'm going to get my Nariko code, and cancel. I'll buy the game from GameCrazy and keep that copy with the bag.
Posted Image

#43 pellucidity

pellucidity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:26 PM

So I'm assuming a pre-order box at Best Buy works the same way? $5 down, walk out with that box.

What's in the box? is it a coupon for $5 off the game only, or is it transferrable?

I only preorder if there's a bonus, so I've never done so at Best Buy.

#44 Nirron

Nirron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:28 PM

I tried searching the forums, and have never dealt with a stand-alone GameCrazy since the nearest ones to my home and my school home are 50 and 30 miles away, respectively, but are the standalones the only places that take pre-orders? In my hometown I have a combination Hollywood Video/GameCrazy, and was wondering if it worked similar to BBV/GR. I want that pouch darn it!

And if I missed a thread where all this info is, I'd love some direction to it that would hopefully stop me from asking stupid questions. Also, the reason I'm asking this here instead of going is because the combo Hollywood Video/GC is about 120 miles away, so I'm not trying to be lazy.

#45 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:49 PM

I tried searching the forums, and have never dealt with a stand-alone GameCrazy since the nearest ones to my home and my school home are 50 and 30 miles away, respectively, but are the standalones the only places that take pre-orders? In my hometown I have a combination Hollywood Video/GameCrazy, and was wondering if it worked similar to BBV/GR. I want that pouch darn it!

And if I missed a thread where all this info is, I'd love some direction to it that would hopefully stop me from asking stupid questions. Also, the reason I'm asking this here instead of going is because the combo Hollywood Video/GC is about 120 miles away, so I'm not trying to be lazy.

GC hasn't had it's own thread for a while now but I'm sure that one would have popped up if you did a search.

However, in my area, there are no standalone GCs. They're all attached to Hollywood Videos. They've had all of the preorder stuff available at my stores so wouldn't think it would be dependent on if it's a standalone or attached to a HWV.

#46 Nirron

Nirron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:59 PM

GC hasn't had it's own thread for a while now but I'm sure that one would have popped up if you did a search.

However, in my area, there are no standalone GCs. They're all attached to Hollywood Videos. They've had all of the preorder stuff available at my stores so wouldn't think it would be dependent on if it's a standalone or attached to a HWV.

Awesome, thanks. And yeah, I remembered seeing a GC thread when I first joined, but my search of the forums came up with so many threads that I looked through the first 4 pages and figured I'd pose the question. Guess I'll get a pre-order in there the next time I'm in that area.

#47 cheapskate01

cheapskate01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:03 PM

looks like there will be alot of returns lol

#48 genfuyung

genfuyung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:35 PM

Not really, since I already got my Kratos code, and canceled. Then I'm going to get my Nariko code, and cancel. I'll buy the game from GameCrazy and keep that copy with the bag.

Best buy doesnt refund pre order money if you cancel.

#49 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:53 PM

Sure they do. I did it last week. They can't fault you if you change your mind on a game.

#50 Shadow780

Shadow780

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:55 PM

Anyone got the BB pre-order box or the CC one?

I'm wondering if they have it in stock already.

#51 Thedrknss48

Thedrknss48

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2008 - 09:03 PM

Sure they do. I did it last week. They can't fault you if you change your mind on a game.

I was wondering about that too, wouldn't you have to return the game box when you cancelled the preorder?

#52 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2008 - 09:11 PM

No. I've done this from time to time when I need an empty 360 case. Since they do pre-order slips, cardboard boxes and actual game boxes the receipt doesn't specify what it was, just that you had a pre-order for $5. Just tell them you want to pre-order a different game.

Use cash and no reward zone card though.

#53 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2008 - 09:22 PM

you could also pick up the game and return it at best buy.

#54 arctic00

arctic00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2008 - 10:34 PM

The fine print on the back cover of the pre-order cases spells out the purchase process and the refund option.

#55 rainking187

rainking187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2008 - 10:34 PM

What's in the box? is it a coupon for $5 off the game only, or is it transferrable?

I only preorder if there's a bonus, so I've never done so at Best Buy.

There's no coupon, it's the same as GameStop, put $5 down, get the bonus and the $5 will be applied when you pick up the game. And you should definitely go to Best Buy more, they've been having preorder bonuses for games for a long time now, and the bonuses are frequently the same as GameStop. (Too Human, Battlefield Bad Company, Fable II, Lost Odyssey, etc.)

#56 yuy104

yuy104

The future is blu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2008 - 10:45 PM

Wait, I'm confused...so the Nariko code that's a BestBuy preorder bonus can ALSO be picked up before I get the game (if I preorder)?

#57 genfuyung

genfuyung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:12 PM

The fine print on the back cover of the pre-order cases spells out the purchase process and the refund option.

every game Ive ever preordered has said that they don't give refunds for cancelled pre orders. But whatever.

#58 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:38 PM

every game Ive ever preordered has said that they don't give refunds for cancelled pre orders. But whatever.

Don't get testy, I'm sitting here staring at the Fable II, Too Human, Fallout 3 and Rock Band 2 cases right now and not one says such a thing. In fact Too Human and Fable state "If not redeemed by x/x/08, the receipt may be refunded at Customer Service."

They cannot deny you your $5. That would screw up their books at the end of the year.

#59 JediBaja

JediBaja

The Shortest Hashishin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:49 PM

Yeah, I return my pre-orders at GameStop all the time. The cashiers try to persuade me to pre-order a different game or put my $5 towards something else. I always decline and get my money back. This is the same at TRU, we allow returns on pre-orders.

#60 TheAggroCraig

TheAggroCraig

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:14 AM

Got my Kratos code today, I just feel like I'm going to lose the damn code... maybe I'll put it in one of my PS3 game cases or something...

Anyways, I'm going to be vacationing in Florida when this game comes out, so I'll be playing this about a week after it's out... lame.

Posted Image

(Ex: Buy/Half/DeepDiscount/Gamestop.com/etc)