Photo
- - - - -

Mirror's Edge - Out November 11 - Demo Out Now!

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#1 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2008 - 10:22 PM

Posted Image

In a city where information is heavily monitored, agile couriers called Runners transport sensitive data away from prying eyes.

In this seemingly utopian paradise, a crime has been committed, your sister has been framed and now you are being hunted.

You are a Runner called Faith - and this innovative first-person action-adventure is your story.

Mirror’s Edge™ delivers you straight into the shoes of this unique heroine as she traverses the vertigo-inducing cityscape, engaging in intense combat and fast paced chases. With a never before seen sense of movement and perspective, you will be drawn into Faith’s world. A world that is visceral, immediate, and very dangerous.

Live or die? Soar or plummet? One thing is certain, in this city you will learn how to run. From the makers of the groundbreaking Battlefield franchise, Mirror’s Edge is an action-adventure experience unlike any other.

----------------------------------------------
Trophies

Bronze Trophies

• Back on the job - Complete the tutorial
  • Prologue complete - Complete the prologue
  • Chapter 1 complete - Complete chapter 1
  • Chapter 2 complete - Complete chapter 2
  • Chapter 3 complete - Complete chapter 3
  • Chapter 4 complete - Complete chapter 4
  • Chapter 5 complete - Complete chapter 5
  • Chapter 6 complete - Complete chapter 6
  • Chapter 7 complete - Complete chapter 7
  • Chapter 8 complete - Complete chapter 8
  • Bag lady - Find all three hidden bags in one chapter
  • Ran out of fingers - Find 11 hidden bags
  • On the clock - Beat the qualifying time on any Time Attack stretch
  • Baby steps - Attain a time attack star rating of 20
  • Prologue speed run - Complete a speed run of the prologue below the target time
  • Chapter 1 speed run - Complete a speed run of the chapter 1 below the target time
  • Chapter 2 speed run - Complete a speed run of the chapter 2 below the target time
  • Chapter 3 speed run - Complete a speed run of the chapter 3 below the target time
  • Chapter 4 speed run - Complete a speed run of the chapter 4 below the target time
  • Chapter 5 speed run - Complete a speed run of the chapter 5 below the target time
  • Chapter 6 speed run - Complete a speed run of the chapter 6 below the target time
  • Chapter 7 speed run - Complete a speed run of the chapter 7 below the target time
  • Chapter 8 speed run - Complete a speed run of the chapter 8 below the target time
  • Chapter 9 speed run - Complete a speed run of the chapter 9 below the target time
  • Head over heels - Complete a chapter of the game without ending up in a heavy landing
  • Untouchable - Finish a chapter without getting shot
  • Pacifist - Finish a chapter without firing a gun
  • Martial Artist - Perform a melee hit from a wall run
  • Mine! - Perform 15 successful disarms (outside of the training area)
  • Tango down - Knock out 20 enemies in melee combat (not by disarming)
Silver Trophies

• That's a wrap! - Finish the story mode on any difficulty
  • A for effort - Attain a time attack star rating of 35
  • Vrooom! - Maintain Sprint speed for 30 seconds
  • Up, over, under, onwards - String together the following: Jump, coil (over obstacles)
  • Free following - String together the following: Wallrun, jump, speed vault
  • May I have this dance? - String together the following: Wallrun, turn, jump, wall climb, turn, jump
  • ...aaand safe! - String together the following: Wallrun, jump, coil (over obstacles), skill roll
  • Test of Faith - Finish all chapters without directly damaging an enemy with a gun
Gold Trophies

• Pro Runner! - Finish the story on Hard difficulty
  • Pack rat - Find all 30 hidden bags
  • Access all areas - Unlock all time attack stretches
  • Sill counting - Attain a time attack star rating of 50
Hidden Trophies

• Hidden trophy
Platinum Trophy

• Platinum - Unlock all trophies!

--------------------------------
Update (10/31): This looked to be expired now:

If you've downloaded the demo, here's an easy and free way to get a code to unlock the time trial mode, though you might want to brush up on your Spanish first:

Stealing dallow's post from the PS Store thread, you can get your own time trial mode unlock code from this spanish site by quickly signing up, activating the account when you get the email, and then going back to the site to generate a code to use. So do it now while you wait for today's update:

http://www.meristati...beta_mirror.php

Edited by FriskyTanuki, 03 November 2008 - 11:04 PM.

#2 miyamotofreak

miyamotofreak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2008 - 11:25 PM

Ugh. I hate exclusive DLC. It made GTA IV PS3 feel kinda gimped to me and Fallout 3 will probably be the same. 3rd party DLC exclusives suck.

#3 shadowrep

shadowrep

Posted 02 September 2008 - 11:38 PM

its like the BC:R getting that exclusive room i wonder if more games on the network will be getting this if multiplat i hope not cause i don't own a 360 i don't care bout GTA4 cause i bought it and was one of the people who got bored very quickly.

#4 probablysober

probablysober

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:12 AM

Better not be like that bullshit DLC for Soul Calibur 4. Yes, let me pay for some extra helmets that should have been included to begin with...

The Dreamcast music I understand, but some god damned character creation items that are nothing special? Come On!

#5 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:26 AM

Looks like the first multi-platform game that I might be going with the PS3 version.

Posted Image

#6 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:07 PM

It is only going to be a PS3 exclusive challenge room(time trials) pack.
"Like Normal People"
Virtual trophies are for those who have nothing they excel at in reality.

Posted Image
"Confrontation is the one among many of its kind that will only be used by the elite players and clans. All others who only want to play for a few hours and dream of a new generation of experience, should choose another game"-Eurogamer

#7 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2008 - 03:25 PM

http://www.joystiq.c...pc-version-del/

This will be out on November 11, so you better take a brake the week after you get Resistance 2 for this game. If you're wondering about a demo, there should be one out before it comes out along with the ability to unlock a time trial version of the demo level through pre-ordering the game at certain retails, I'm guessing GS is the obvious choice, though nothing's been announced just yet on that front.

#8 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2008 - 04:21 PM

Are they still giving away that decent bag?
"Like Normal People"

Posted Image
"Confrontation is the one among many of its kind that will only be used by the elite players and clans. All others who only want to play for a few hours and dream of a new generation of experience, should choose another game"-Eurogamer

#9 x3x1x

x3x1x

So fresh and so clean

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2008 - 07:12 PM

Yes, the bag is still a preorder bonus at GS. I'm still on the fence about his one though . . .

#10 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2008 - 07:28 PM

Demo comes out next Friday. Why next Friday? No idea.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#11 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:04 PM

Link? I saw a thread on 1up quote a Eurogamer article that never actually says when the demo's coming out.

#12 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:13 PM

I am pretty sure EA already made a statement confirming no demo next week.
"Like Normal People"

Posted Image

#13 rick3000gto

rick3000gto

NVG's FTW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:49 PM

Trophy List available >http://www.psbeyond....vealed.921.html

#14 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:25 PM

Trophy List available >http://www.psbeyond....vealed.921.html

Interesting, so it looks like there are three bags hidden in each level, with a total of thirty bags in the game. So there will be either ten missions or nine plus the prologue.

Sounds like the game may be shorter than I'd like.

#15 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:15 AM

10 missions/levels is too short? What games have you been playing that have more than that?

Posted Image

#16 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:42 PM

10 missions/levels is too short? What games have you been playing that have more than that?

I stated that it may be shorter than I would like. I'll reserve judgment until I read some reviews and see just how long the missions are.

As far as more missions than that: Half Life 2 and Resistance off the top of my head. I don't play a lot of first-person style games. I'm hoping for 15+ hours my first run through.

#17 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:23 PM

http://www.ps3fanboy...ming-this-week/

Demo coming tomorrow!

#18 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:32 PM

Awesome news!!!!
"Like Normal People"

Posted Image

#19 rick3000gto

rick3000gto

NVG's FTW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:43 PM

Woooo for the demo

#20 DarkKenpachi

DarkKenpachi

Nupe 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:49 PM

sweet. I am sad there is entirely wayyyyyy to much to play these days.
Blessed to be still standing after it all.

#21 sixteenvolt420

sixteenvolt420

Hidefninja.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:40 PM

Preordered this at GS yesterday when i was picking up Fallout 3.

sixteenvolt420.png

#22 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:04 PM

Better not be like that bullshit DLC for Soul Calibur 4. Yes, let me pay for some extra helmets that should have been included to begin with...

The Dreamcast music I understand, but some god damned character creation items that are nothing special? Come On!

I think that the dreamcast music was a bad deal... for 14.99 for the album, Not so bad, but the thing that makes it a bad deal, is that you can only use it with the game, you can't listen to it regularly.
Posted Image

#23 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:24 PM

Yay demo!
Posted Image

where scoob

#24 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:24 PM

:whee:

Posted Image

#25 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:50 PM

This is pretty much the last chance for this game to impress me. I haven't really been too high on this game.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#26 aquateen168

aquateen168

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:18 AM

dont state that you have never played the entire game
fallout 3 is only 7 chapters but look how long it takes to compleat it

#27 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:18 AM

:-k

You're making my point.

Posted Image

#28 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:51 PM

Stealing dallow's post from the PS Store thread, you can get your own time trial mode unlock code from this spanish site by quickly signing up, activating the account when you get the email, and then going back to the site to generate a code to use. So do it now while you wait for today's update:

http://www.meristati...beta_mirror.php

#29 dacool561

dacool561

Take a Look at This

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:39 PM

I dunno but the PSN update are usually suppose to happen at 7PM EST, and still no Demo =( it's been on the Euro store though already for the past few hours. Just going to give up and get the 360 demo tomorrow.

#30 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:41 PM

What are you talking about? There's been no update yet.