Mirror's Edge - Out November 11 - Demo Out Now!

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
mewallpaper11440x900bq3.jpg

In a city where information is heavily monitored, agile couriers called Runners transport sensitive data away from prying eyes.

In this seemingly utopian paradise, a crime has been committed, your sister has been framed and now you are being hunted.

You are a Runner called Faith - and this innovative first-person action-adventure is your story.

Mirror’s Edge™ delivers you straight into the shoes of this unique heroine as she traverses the vertigo-inducing cityscape, engaging in intense combat and fast paced chases. With a never before seen sense of movement and perspective, you will be drawn into Faith’s world. A world that is visceral, immediate, and very dangerous.

Live or die? Soar or plummet? One thing is certain, in this city you will learn how to run. From the makers of the groundbreaking Battlefield franchise, Mirror’s Edge is an action-adventure experience unlike any other.
----------------------------------------------
Trophies
Bronze Trophies

• Back on the job - Complete the tutorial
  • Prologue complete - Complete the prologue
  • Chapter 1 complete - Complete chapter 1
  • Chapter 2 complete - Complete chapter 2
  • Chapter 3 complete - Complete chapter 3
  • Chapter 4 complete - Complete chapter 4
  • Chapter 5 complete - Complete chapter 5
  • Chapter 6 complete - Complete chapter 6
  • Chapter 7 complete - Complete chapter 7
  • Chapter 8 complete - Complete chapter 8
  • Bag lady - Find all three hidden bags in one chapter
  • Ran out of fingers - Find 11 hidden bags
  • On the clock - Beat the qualifying time on any Time Attack stretch
  • Baby steps - Attain a time attack star rating of 20
  • Prologue speed run - Complete a speed run of the prologue below the target time
  • Chapter 1 speed run - Complete a speed run of the chapter 1 below the target time
  • Chapter 2 speed run - Complete a speed run of the chapter 2 below the target time
  • Chapter 3 speed run - Complete a speed run of the chapter 3 below the target time
  • Chapter 4 speed run - Complete a speed run of the chapter 4 below the target time
  • Chapter 5 speed run - Complete a speed run of the chapter 5 below the target time
  • Chapter 6 speed run - Complete a speed run of the chapter 6 below the target time
  • Chapter 7 speed run - Complete a speed run of the chapter 7 below the target time
  • Chapter 8 speed run - Complete a speed run of the chapter 8 below the target time
  • Chapter 9 speed run - Complete a speed run of the chapter 9 below the target time
  • Head over heels - Complete a chapter of the game without ending up in a heavy landing
  • Untouchable - Finish a chapter without getting shot
  • Pacifist - Finish a chapter without firing a gun
  • Martial Artist - Perform a melee hit from a wall run
  • Mine! - Perform 15 successful disarms (outside of the training area)
  • Tango down - Knock out 20 enemies in melee combat (not by disarming)
Silver Trophies

• That's a wrap! - Finish the story mode on any difficulty
  • A for effort - Attain a time attack star rating of 35
  • Vrooom! - Maintain Sprint speed for 30 seconds
  • Up, over, under, onwards - String together the following: Jump, coil (over obstacles)
  • Free following - String together the following: Wallrun, jump, speed vault
  • May I have this dance? - String together the following: Wallrun, turn, jump, wall climb, turn, jump
  • ...aaand safe! - String together the following: Wallrun, jump, coil (over obstacles), skill roll
  • Test of Faith - Finish all chapters without directly damaging an enemy with a gun
Gold Trophies

• Pro Runner! - Finish the story on Hard difficulty
  • Pack rat - Find all 30 hidden bags
  • Access all areas - Unlock all time attack stretches
  • Sill counting - Attain a time attack star rating of 50
Hidden Trophies

• Hidden trophy
Platinum Trophy

• Platinum - Unlock all trophies!
--------------------------------
Update (10/31): This looked to be expired now:

If you've downloaded the demo, here's an easy and free way to get a code to unlock the time trial mode, though you might want to brush up on your Spanish first:

Stealing dallow's post from the PS Store thread, you can get your own time trial mode unlock code from this spanish site by quickly signing up, activating the account when you get the email, and then going back to the site to generate a code to use. So do it now while you wait for today's update:

http://www.meristation.com/v3/apuntate_beta_mirror.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh. I hate exclusive DLC. It made GTA IV PS3 feel kinda gimped to me and Fallout 3 will probably be the same. 3rd party DLC exclusives suck.

its like the BC:R getting that exclusive room i wonder if more games on the network will be getting this if multiplat i hope not cause i don't own a 360 i don't care bout GTA4 cause i bought it and was one of the people who got bored very quickly.

Better not be like that bullshit DLC for Soul Calibur 4. Yes, let me pay for some extra helmets that should have been included to begin with...

The Dreamcast music I understand, but some god damned character creation items that are nothing special? Come On!

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/09/18/mirrors-edge-is-delivered-onto-consoles-nov-11-pc-version-del/

This will be out on November 11, so you better take a brake the week after you get Resistance 2 for this game. If you're wondering about a demo, there should be one out before it comes out along with the ability to unlock a time trial version of the demo level through pre-ordering the game at certain retails, I'm guessing GS is the obvious choice, though nothing's been announced just yet on that front.

[quote name='Maklershed']10 missions/levels is too short? What games have you been playing that have more than that?[/quote]

I stated that it may be shorter than I would like. I'll reserve judgment until I read some reviews and see just how long the missions are.

As far as more missions than that: Half Life 2 and Resistance off the top of my head. I don't play a lot of first-person style games. I'm hoping for 15+ hours my first run through.

[quote name='probablysober']Better not be like that bullshit DLC for Soul Calibur 4. Yes, let me pay for some extra helmets that should have been included to begin with...

The Dreamcast music I understand, but some god damned character creation items that are nothing special? Come On![/QUOTE]

I think that the dreamcast music was a bad deal... for 14.99 for the album, Not so bad, but the thing that makes it a bad deal, is that you can only use it with the game, you can't listen to it regularly.

This is pretty much the last chance for this game to impress me. I haven't really been too high on this game.

[quote name='Maklershed']10 missions/levels is too short? What games have you been playing that have more than that?[/QUOTE]

dont state that you have never played the entire game
fallout 3 is only 7 chapters but look how long it takes to compleat it

I dunno but the PSN update are usually suppose to happen at 7PM EST, and still no Demo =( it's been on the Euro store though already for the past few hours. Just going to give up and get the 360 demo tomorrow.

Im not sure what it is about this game that makes me want to play it so badly, but i think its because its a fresh, original idea on a large scale. hmmm...

Played through the tutorial and there's definitely a learning curve that's involved to be able to play as well as the trailers. After the tutorial, you get to play the level from the debut trailer.

Edit: Just finished that level and it was a bit hard, but felt really good when I got things right.

I don't really know what to feel about it. I failed a lot during the tutorial at the beginning, and after completing the combat tutorial, I didn't feel like I completely knew what I was doing.

the demo was awesome. This will be a day one purchase for me. Looks like EA's two new franchises Dead Space and Mirrors Edge are doing real good.

Based on the demo, this game seems as amazing as I dreamed.

The real game could easily be my GOTY if it continually contains new environments and multiple ways to get through a level throughout the whole game. Probably the most immersive first person experience I've ever had. I felt the adrenaline rush, only way it could get better is with VR support! I had a feeling the controls would either be too simple or complex, but what I've found is a very nice middle ground that feels extremely natural.

My only noticeable gripes are the jagged polys, which is a little weird to find in current gen these days. The cutscenes don't really mesh with the game all too well, and the story hasn't really grabbed me in the way I thought it would yet. Maybe it's too early to say.

The developers took a chance, and it looks like it may pay off BIG time. This is one game I really really hope the best for.

Anybody try the code from that link that Frisky posted a page back?
I got a 4 sectioned code, but the playstation redeem code box is only 3 sections long? :\

Wow, just finished playing the demo and I'm SO glad I have this pre-ordered at Gamestop! From the previews, I knew the graphics were going to be stellar, but the comicky "aeon flux" parts had me worried. Luckily, those parts don't dominate the game, and you get a really good sense of being in a huge, sprawling city. I like the idea of run & no gun gameplay. It's a very fresh feeling. The first time I had to haul ass up 3 flights of stairs to get away from the enemies was unreal!

The only thing that feels odd is running and jumping with the same hand, but I guess I can understand it since combat is all on the right hand. I did find myself getting lost a little bit too. I think this will be a matter of just getting used to the concept, but it's almost as though the game is TOO freeing. Being able to jump over/climb up nearly anything had me doing pointless things that were not the quickest route to my goal.
In a weird way, I guess that is similar to many racing games though. You have to learn the "track" to know all the good shortcuts.

I really can't wait till this game hits shelves though! EA deserves a lot of credit for this one. Totally creative, totally innovative, and it looks like it's going to be a hell of a lot of fun! Just awesome!

bread's done
Back