Are Used/Refurbished 360's at Gamestop also get a price drop?

BlackBradPitt

CAGiversary!
Ok, I know the 360 is getting a price cut. But I was wondering if the used and refurbished systems the sell at Gamestop will also be getting a price cut. Anyone know? Thanks in advance for the help fellas!

Forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong area. Im still a lil new to CAG and this is my first thread!

I am sure the price of used systems are gonna drop, however if you can afford it, get the $199 arcade system and a used HD instead of one of those GS systems. You get a 1yr warranty on the new system and HDs have not been failing. (Some people have reported seeing the 20 gig hd for sale for $49 new at some stores)

[quote name='Rogue-7']I am sure the price of used systems are gonna drop, however if you can afford it, get the $199 arcade system and a used HD instead of one of those GS systems. You get a 1yr warranty on the new system and HDs have not been failing. (Some people have reported seeing the 20 gig hd for sale for $49 new at some stores)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice but I already have a pro system and a 20 gig hd, unfortunately I got an E-71 error the other day. MS wants $90 to fix it. I know i'm just being really impatient but i dont feel like waiting 3-4 weeks for them to fix it. That's why im trying to decide if i should just by another system while I wait. Do the used/refurbished GS systems come with warranty's?

Most don't come with Microsoft warranty since someone else might have registered it already and with the fear of RROD you should never, ever buy a used or refurbished 360. If you don't repair your old one then buy a new Arcade 360 unless you want to go through a similar problem later on in the future

[quote name='MikeHoncho']Most don't come with Microsoft warranty since someone else might have registered it already and with the fear of RROD you should never, ever buy a used or refurbished 360. If you don't repair your old one then buy a new Arcade 360 unless you want to go through a similar problem later on in the future[/quote]

Bingo.

I understand your impatience cause I feel the same way. I was asking this earlier too cause although it may not be 4 years like what I think a new Xbox warranty is, GS has its own 1 year warranty for 20 bucks. My brother did this and just traded it in after a year. Nice thing about this is you just take it to the store and they switch it out for you on the spot. Although in my opinion its only worth it if its drasticly cheaper than the 199 price tag of the arcade.

[quote name='tankass']I understand your impatience cause I feel the same way. I was asking this earlier too cause although it may not be 4 years like what I think a new Xbox warranty is, GS has its own 1 year warranty for 20 bucks. My brother did this and just traded it in after a year. Nice thing about this is you just take it to the store and they switch it out for you on the spot. Although in my opinion its only worth it if its drasticly cheaper than the 199 price tag of the arcade.[/QUOTE]

ok, thanks! Thats what I was looking for. If the used/refurbished can get down to $120-$140 it would be worth it. I'd pay the $20 for a 1 year warranty. Anyone got any guesses on what the price well come down to? Just curious! I really like the idea of just going to the store and swapping it out. When my pro comes back from MS, i'll prob just put the used/refurb system in my car.

Prices hit on tomorrow, from what I heard in the GS I was in picking up some 360 games.

I'd check with them tomorrow and see what the prices are.

[quote name='bruceleeah']The prices are $180 with wireless controller and $170 with the wired controller.[/QUOTE]

Isnt that what they were BEFORE the price cut? I'm asking about AFTER the price cut! Which is tomorrow right?

[quote name='BlackBradPitt']Isnt that what they were BEFORE the price cut? I'm asking about AFTER the price cut! Which is tomorrow right?[/QUOTE]

Those are the new prices for the used/refurb 360s.

[quote name='Rogue-7']I am sure the price of used systems are gonna drop, however if you can afford it, get the $199 arcade system and a used HD instead of one of those GS systems.[/quote]How difficult is it to install a HDD into a 360?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']How difficult is it to install a HDD into a 360?[/quote]

Not difficult at all. It just snaps right into the top/side, depending on how you have it oriented.

[quote name='BlackBradPitt']Thanks for the advice but I already have a pro system and a 20 gig hd, unfortunately I got an E-71 error the other day. MS wants $90 to fix it. I know i'm just being really impatient but i dont feel like waiting 3-4 weeks for them to fix it. That's why im trying to decide if i should just by another system while I wait. Do the used/refurbished GS systems come with warranty's?[/quote]

Try to finagle your way into a free repair. I had an E-74 and I told them in my online repair description than I got E-74, but occasionally did also get the RRoD. I got a refurb and it's been working fine for months.

Normally I'd find something like this a little shady...but the 360's crap-tastic reputation for hardware failures made me do it, and I don't feel bad at all.

[quote name='Lexxon']Try to finagle your way into a free repair. I had an E-74 and I told them in my online repair description than I got E-74, but occasionally did also get the RRoD. I got a refurb and it's been working fine for months.

Normally I'd find something like this a little shady...but the 360's crap-tastic reputation for hardware failures made me do it, and I don't feel bad at all.[/quote]

Though I do not normally support such actions, I can't blame you in the case of the 360. Microsoft knowingly cut corners and released a pretty faulty piece of hardware. What goes around comes around.

[quote name='Lexxon']Try to finagle your way into a free repair. I had an E-74 and I told them in my online repair description than I got E-74, but occasionally did also get the RRoD. I got a refurb and it's been working fine for months.

Normally I'd find something like this a little shady...but the 360's crap-tastic reputation for hardware failures made me do it, and I don't feel bad at all.[/QUOTE]

Word, thanks for the advice. Now I'm curious though, what is the difference between an E-71 and E-74 error?

[quote name='BlackBradPitt']Word, thanks for the advice. Now I'm curious though, what is the difference between an E-71 and E-74 error?[/quote]

I think the E-74 error is an AV cable error... There is a problem with the AV cable, try using a different AV cable. If the cable is known to be working then there is a 90% chance it's a scaler chip problem (the "ANA" or "HANA" chip connected directly to the AV cable) in rare cases it is the GPU.

The E-71 error is a dashboard update error

bread's done
Back