Dance Pad

ets

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
According to gamestop's website, they only seem to sell a gamestop brand dance pad. Anyone have any experience with them? Would it be better to find a Nintendo brand or MC Groovz type?

The Gamestop pad is made by pelican, which is only a baby step up from mad catz (maker of MC Groovz).

i dont think there are nintendo brand dance pads... the bundled pads for most of the dancing games were komani. if you get a konami dance pad that works on the wii it should work with the gamecube aswell.

AFAIK the only place you can get the official Mario Mix dance pads were from the nintendo store in NY. Well thats where I got mine anyway.

I got mine from Mario Mix at kmart on clearance. For $5 each. I kept one copy of the game and the two pads, sold the extra copy of the game and got paid to own the game. :)

The Gamestop Gamecube/PS2 pad is fair. I picked up 2 for my kids to play Mario DDR with over a year ago. So far they have held up pretty well, and the price was right.

[quote name='donssword']The Gamestop Gamecube/PS2 pad is fair. I picked up 2 for my kids to play Mario DDR with over a year ago. So far they have held up pretty well, and the price was right.[/quote]

thx for the input, now I can buy Mario DDR!

Yeah my girlfriend bought the Gamestop universal pad a few years ago to have a second pad with Mario DDR. It still works fine.

Funny thing, walked into goodwill like an hour ago and they had a Gamestop pad for $5... thought it was a sign so I went into a gamestop and found that they had DDR Mario so i grabbed that too!

For what it's worth - the Mad Catz "Beat Pad" that was packed in with MC Groovz Dance Craze *was* officially licensed by Nintendo. If you care. ;)

[quote name='ets']Funny thing, walked into goodwill like an hour ago and they had a Gamestop pad for $5... thought it was a sign so I went into a gamestop and found that they had DDR Mario so i grabbed that too![/QUOTE]

hahaha I went into good will( actually my wife did) and they had one of those huge metal DDR pads that mock the ones in the arcade. Got it for 50 buck. we have 4-5 of the ghetto pads and this one is amazing compared to them.

I checked various websites like www.ddrgame.com and they typically run 200+ If your really into DDR I would recommend those. I am actally considering buyina set of the nice ones not necessarily the 2000 dollar set but several hundred dollar set. am I nuts ¿?

FYI, Red Octane's new version of their Ignition pad (Ignition 5.0) now works with the Gamecube/Wii, PS2 and Xbox (not 360). I have the previous Ignition pad 3.0 and really like it. It's $80 with free shipping, but it is thickly padded and has raised arrows, which I pretty much need to be able to play DDR games. Otherwise I have no idea where my feet are.... Again, though, I don't actually have the 5.0 version, I have the 3.0 version. I would like to hear if anyone gets the 5.0 and what they think of it and how well it works with the GC. Obviously it probably wouldn't be worth it just for Mario Mix, but if you have or plan to get any Wii, Xbox and/or PS2 DDR games, then it's worth it.

Can't you use the Wii DDR pads from Konami, the connector looks just like the Gamecube's controller port? I don't have a Wii, saw a used DDR pad for the Wii.

Regarding the GameStop pads, they are pretty decent. One warning though: some people have reported that DDR Hottest Party 2 for Wii has problems with third-party dance pads... not sure if that is something you should be concerned about or not.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Can't you use the Wii DDR pads from Konami, the connector looks just like the Gamecube's controller port? I don't have a Wii, saw a used DDR pad for the Wii.[/quote]

Yes you can.

I have DDR Hottest Party for Wii, and it works fine with DDR Mario Mix for GameCube. The pad just hooks into the GameCube controller port (for either Wii or GameCube) and doesn't have any problems.

bread's done
Back