CAG Foreplay #52: I'm That Guy

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31 Gillespee

Gillespee

Super Mario Striker!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:56 AM

I enjoyed the show, especially the interview. Maybe it's because I haven't you guys do one before, but it was really cool. Maybe it was the whole CAGgy-ness of the thing or the guys story of joining a game outfit in a game store. Maybe it's the "small time publisher makes headway in the world of giants like EA and Actizzard. Or maybe it was the five prizes. Either way it was cool and I hope as you become more well-known in the online world of video gaming, we get more of the like. As always, the previews were well thought out and entertaining. I wonder how many other game developers are closet CAGs.

Oh, and don't forget to highlight the discussion on DLC that exploded all over the last show's thread next week - a succint review would be fun to hear.

#32 terpkristin

terpkristin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2008 - 02:08 AM

Welcome back to the "regular" Foreplay 'cast. :) I enjoyed it, even though it took me way too long to get free enough from work to listen to it. I had a few comments...

I'm with ship, I definitely enjoy playing RPG's on my handhelds. I certainly do play them on the big consoles, too, but more so on the handhelds. I've never played a Harvest Moon game. I'm beginning to wonder if I should give them a try, though. mrs. ship and I seem to enjoy a lot of the same games..then again, the comparison to Phantom Hourglass makes me think twice about the newest one, I hated that control scheme. What would be a good one to try? The game sounds a little Animal Crossing-ish.

N+ reminds me a lot of a game I used to love on my old Palm Pilot, Bike or Die! (http://bike.toyspring.com/) I'm trading in Eternal Sonata to GameStop, I think I'll be picking this up for my DS, as it's not something I can see playing on my 360 (though I did the demo there).

I definitely would have said something to the guy who was buying last year's version of the fishing game. I've done that before at game stores, and I've had people ask me my opinions on games. I have to wonder if I look like such a gamer nerd that they come to me to ask, or if it's just that I don't look intimidating. I'll go with the latter. =p

And that's that. :) Looking forward to the next show...whenever it comes out. :)
/tk

terpkristin
Find me on XBLA and PSN as terpkristin
Wii: 4059 1919 9282 7625
Now Playing: trying to go through the stack of games...
Trying to update the blog regularly.. http://gimpygal.blogspot.com
http://kristin.seidelmann-owners.com/

#33 Gillespee

Gillespee

Super Mario Striker!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2008 - 05:42 AM

Just as an aside, as the only podcast I listen to on a regular basis that always mentions various petz games and such, I noticed that seanbaby had written an article in the October issue of EGM. I'm going to say it wasn't very entertaining. I much prefer the normal jokes from you guys in the podcast to the article.

Edited by Gillespee, 14 September 2008 - 06:49 PM.

#34 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2008 - 03:04 AM

If you guys are going to move to a biweekly show now, you should focus on the two following weeks instead of the current and past week. ;) :lol:

#35 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 13 September 2008 - 03:35 AM

If you guys are going to move to a biweekly show now, you should focus on the two following weeks instead of the current and past week. ;) :lol:

Yep, we aren't going to be talking much about the games that came out this week on the next show. Still weekly-ish though.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#36 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 16 September 2008 - 11:07 AM

Hey guys, we were without power due to the remnants of Hurricane Ike. It looks like we are back up an running now, but it still seems to be a little hit or miss. That's made researching, writing, playing, and recording a bit difficult, but I think we are still going to record a show tonight. There will most likely be no write-ups for the games though.
Posted Image

#37 DJSteel

DJSteel

Posted 16 September 2008 - 12:33 PM

Yeah my uncle said they lost a couple windows and shingles along with the power going in and out the whole night..
Posted ImagePosted Image
Mario kart Wii Code - 4597-0827-2394

#38 pelf21

pelf21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2008 - 12:48 AM

Are you guys still alive???

#39 Gillespee

Gillespee

Super Mario Striker!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2008 - 03:38 AM

Yikes, at least it sounds like it was just power out for you guys. Hope all is well. I seem to have forgotten what day the show comes out since the CAGCast switched days. Or did you never set on a certain day?

LOL, I was just imagining to the two of your huddled around a candle with iPod the cat discussing crummy Pony simz to entertain yourself.

#40 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 22 September 2008 - 11:53 AM

Are you guys still alive???

Yep, we're still kickin'. Sorting through these forty games that come out this week. Show should be up in the next couple of days.
Posted Image

#41 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2008 - 09:46 PM

Good luck on this new tri-weekly show schedule! :wave:

#42 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 22 September 2008 - 09:53 PM

Good luck on this new tri-weekly show schedule! :wave:

Thanks, that would mean we'd only have to cover 120 games each episode!
Posted Image

#43 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:02 PM

At least you'd have more time to get a headstart on it. ;)

Is the thread for 53 hidden for mod eyes only? Cheapy linked to it in the CAGcast show notes, but it leads to nothing that anybody could read.

#44 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:04 PM

At least you'd have more time to get a headstart on it. ;)

Is the thread for 53 hidden for mod eyes only? Cheapy linked to it in the CAGcast show notes, but it leads to nothing that anybody could read.

Yeah, it's the draft. I always keep them in the hidden underbelly of CAG until our show goes out. Which will be around midnight tomorrow.
Posted Image

#45 Munchkins

Munchkins

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:12 AM

tomorrow? awww :cry:

#46 XUGrad

XUGrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2008 - 09:35 AM

Yeah, it's the draft. I always keep them in the hidden underbelly of CAG until our show goes out. Which will be around midnight tomorrow.

Will there be a show this week or are you too busy playing Lego Batman? ;)

#47 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 24 September 2008 - 11:15 AM

Will there be a show this week or are you too busy playing Lego Batman? ;)

There will definitely be a show. Even though I did pick up LEGO Batman yesterday.
Posted Image

#48 Munchkins

Munchkins

Posted 24 September 2008 - 11:32 AM

So it will be out tonight? I get confused with american times :(