Best Buy: Halo 3 Limited Edition - $30

Wingwright

CAGiversary!
Today at Best Buy I picked up the Halo 3 Limited Edition for $30. It comes in a really cool looking tin and it has a bonus disc and artwork book.

It was labeled $40, but a sign above it stated that it was on sale for 25% off.

It rang up at $40, but the cashier knew that it should've been cheaper so she manually gave me the discount.

If anyone is planning on finally getting around to buying Halo 3, now is a good time. Especially since they are selling the standard edition for $60.

If this deal is already listed in another thread, then I apologize.

[quote name='Spencer35']Best Buy 9 out 10 times is usually YMMV..but we will see what other cags report.[/QUOTE]

Sine they have to manually adjust it is not universal. OP is going to have to mention the store location

I find it funny that this "limited" game hung around long enough to get clearanced.

I'm getting sick of "limited" crap.

[quote name='kevzik']I find it funny that this "limited" game hung around long enough to get clearanced.

I'm getting sick of "limited" crap.[/quote]
People were probably afraid to buy them when everyone found out the discs got scratched up in the tin case.

It is YMMV. I checked at my local BB two days ago and they still had it for regular price. I will continue to check though.

Sorry for not mentioning the location or that it may be YMMV (this is my first deal post on CAG after all).

I bought it at the best buy in West Covina, CA. (about 20 miles east of Los Angeles)

[quote name='kevzik']I find it funny that this "limited" game hung around long enough to get clearanced.

I'm getting sick of "limited" crap.[/quote]

didnt they produce something like 300k of the collectors with the helmet? how limited could the limited of been after that, really.

[quote name='fart_bubble']still waiting for the Helmet edition to drop to this price.[/quote]
This.

And plus the tin fits perfectly inside the thing. :applause:

Microsoft practically lied when they said the Legendary Edition (helmet) was extremely limited and you wouldn't be able to find them anywhere else after 9/25/07, but one year later, and I'm finding them collecting dust on the shelves of CCs, BBs, and Toys R' Us. So yea, these so called "limited" editions are basically everywhere a year later, so theres basically no point in pre-ordering the limited editions anymore.

I was at best buy today and apparently they had the Limited edition discs (essentials bonus disc) in a separate disc only holder. I was like ok......

I'm getting sick of "limited" crap.[/QUOTE]

Yeah especially when Sears and K-Mart end up putting it on clearance for $5. Crazy that it was $10 more than the regular to begin with and could be had for 1/12 the price of the regular version a year later.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I was at best buy today and apparently they had the Limited edition discs (essentials bonus disc) in a separate disc only holder. I was like ok......[/quote]

I guess that's someone's solution to the abysmal design of the case. Reviews are full of stories of scratched discs. My game disc was secure, but my bonus disc was loose and covered with tiny scratches. Fortunately MS replaced it for free, but I think that offer ended early this year.

bread's done
Back