$349 GAMING LAPTOP CONFIRMED! - Gateway M6862 CoreDuo 2.0ghz 512mb HD2600XT - BB YMMV

psiufoxx2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Insane deal

$349.99 (YMMV) Best Buy - Gateway M-6862 Ultra-bright 2GHz Dual-Core Laptop

Specs:

• Core 2 Duo T5750 2GHz; 4GB DDR2; DVD±RW; Card Reader
  • 1.3MP WebCam; 6.3lbs; 250GB 5400RPM HDD; 15.4" WXGA LCD
  • 802.11n WiFi; 1.5" thin; Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP1
  • ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600 XT (thx Pootie) 512mb GDDR3 dedicated gfx card
The Deal:

$749.99 regularly
- $150 off instantly IN-STORE only
- $75 INSTANTLY
- additional $75 INSTANTLY
- $100 off instantly with ISP Sign-up** In-Store (PM ME with your EMAIL ADDRESS for COUPON)

* ISP Sign-Up $100 OFF: You'll have to do some work for this one. Ask BB employee about the Internet Service Provider instant $100 discount on laptops for signing up in-store. They will look up your zip code in the system, and if any of your local ISPs provide this discount, you can register for new service on the spot with the advisor. INSTANT $100 additional discount. You will then have to call whichever provider you signed up with at a later time and cancel via telephone (without penalty).

** Coupon. This coupon is a printout (saved in MS word) which you are instructed to print after signing up for the ISP deal through the Best Buy website. Simply bring this in at the time you purchase the laptop, and let the employee know you signed up for the ISP at home and you'd like to apply the $100 credit. Done!

My purchase. Best Buy is deleting this SKU from their inventory and continue to mark it down further and further. I didn't believe this deal at first..

If you want to thank me for the deal, please check out my eBay auctions :)

UPDATE:
Looks like we're nearing the end of the road.... 3 weeks since the first markdowns. It was fun while it lasted! To those who landed a brand new shiny lappy (it is shiny, isnt it?) congrats! To those who did not, there will always be another deal to follow.

This was by first big deal post.. so I'll keep vigilant and we'll try to beat SD and FW to it next time!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's still good!!! Check fatwallet for a COMcast / Verizon Instant $100 coupon for "signing up" for online broadband.. you have to cancel later but its hassle free.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']Is it not $750 in-store and then you get the $150 off?[/quote]
It was yesterday... however I'm not sure about today. If anyone has a moment and is traveling to BB, perhaps they can verify for the rest. I bought one of these and I'm VERY happy with it.

If they have it instock it is still good for $599.00. I just picked 1 up. Look online and if they have it order online and disregard the price and choose in-store pickup. This is what I did. When I got there I had them lookup the price and it was 599. Told them at pickup desk and got it for that price. Hurry as there are not many of these left.

was the $150 off listed or you guys JUST found out while it was ringing up? If I have time this weekend, I'll check out BB to see. If not, hopefully I'll be ready for Black Friday for once!

[quote name='Gamer SDP']was the $150 off listed or you guys JUST found out while it was ringing up? If I have time this weekend, I'll check out BB to see. If not, hopefully I'll be ready for Black Friday for once![/quote]
Saw it on Slickdeals and checked it out. Most are 599. Mine was about 640 after tax. some have been 679ish but not many. It is a good deal for certain.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']was the $150 off listed or you guys JUST found out while it was ringing up? If I have time this weekend, I'll check out BB to see. If not, hopefully I'll be ready for Black Friday for once![/quote]

If you're worried about the price, have the BB employee use this SKU in their inventory system:

This will show them the current selling price and how many are in stock at that store and other stores.

Just be careful: when I got mine on Monday, there were only 2 in the store, and the first one they got was 'Geek Squad Optimized' thus it would have been an extra $30ish

:roll:

My boss asked me to get him a laptop. I found the $700 price online and found it to be the best machine for the price. Went into the store and it had just been clearanced that day to $600. Paid $637 after tax.

1 other thing. Ignore all the pussy's that review it and say it gets hot. It may be warmer than others but by no means bad.

so if I go to a local store that has it in stock it is $600?

Or do I have to sign up for verizon/comcast to get the $150 off? If the answer to this is no, could I sign up for verizon/comcast and get more money off?

[quote name='ryanbph']so if I go to a local store that has it in stock it is $600?

Or do I have to sign up for verizon/comcast to get the $150 off? If the answer to this is no, could I sign up for verizon/comcast and get more money off?[/quote]

To get the $600 price you don't have to do anything, if your store has it at the $600 price.

The High Speed Internet promotion is a separate thing from the $600 instore price.

And at least in my area, they are only allowing the $100 HSI coupon if you sign up in store. If you use the BB site to get service/coupon, they will not accept it...

[quote name='manthing']RMB:

So you kept it, eh?

How do you like it?[/quote]
manthing... I'm not RMB but I love this motherfucker. It's an amazing cmoputer for $600... graphics card about on par with an 8600GT 512mb, so really beautiful for a 15.4" laptop. I'm having a blast.

I read through the SD forums for this and might try out that HSI $100 off thing but can't find the link (seems the one the OP at SD put is dead). Has anyone been able to get $100 off via the HSI thing? According to SD users, some BB have the HSI $100 off only for in store signups. Others were just able to fill out the form (from that link before it died), print and have the cashier scan for the $100 off. So some people were able to get the lappy for $499 before tax ($599 - $100 HSI)!

I'll call up some BBs tomorrow to see if this lappy is in stock and at $599.

[quote name='rmb']1 other thing. Ignore all the pussy's that review it and say it gets hot. It may be warmer than others but by no means bad.[/quote]

I'd like to get some of your impressions on this laptop, I'm looking to buy one.

thanks, rmb. :lol:

[quote name='evilmrt']I'd like to get some of your impressions on this laptop, I'm looking to buy one.

thanks, rmb. :lol:[/quote]
evil,

Like I was saying above, this is a steal of a deal. DH2600 with 8600GT graphics performance, ample HD space, a beautiful screen, 4gb memory, nice bonus touches like card readers, etc.... I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to go out and pick this up for $599 while you still can.

There are no formal reviews online from what I can tell, simply because Gateway has about 230,023 models of computer out there, but I have not seen one negative comment yet on message boards.

[quote name='psiufoxx2']manthing... I'm not RMB but I love this motherfucker. It's an amazing cmoputer for $600... graphics card about on par with an 8600GT 512mb, so really beautiful for a 15.4" laptop. I'm having a blast.[/quote]
Yea I kept it. I had a hp dv6000 that was 11/2 yrs old. It is pretty much the same as that except it has a graphics card which I wanted. The bottom line is if you need a laptop and can get this it is the best deal at the price. My consideration was I wanted a smaller laptop but said f it and kept this one. My gf has a gateway and it is a M series as well. This one has a much nicer case. It will meet your pc needs more than adequately and play pretty much all games. It would have been nice to have a higher processor speed and same for the drive speed. The ones in it are more than adequate. Any one that can get it at this price should buy without hesitation.

[quote name='evilmrt']I'd like to get some of your impressions on this laptop, I'm looking to buy one.

thanks, rmb. :lol:[/quote]
BUY IT NOW!

Check out the graphics card comparison here
Also has hdmi out

got mine a few hours ago for $524.99 before tax. I couldn't get the HSI thing since there was no supported company when the guy checked my address...even though everyone in my neighborhood including my household has Verizon!!

Nice price, anyone here got an extra one (still sealed) that's willing to trade it for an NIB MSG4 40gb Gun Metal PS3? :D

Just picked one up in Everett, Wa and it rang up at $622. I was kind of disappointed. After that $100 hsi coupon thingy and tax it came to $567 total.

$524.99
- $100.00 for HSI coupon
- $30 Reward Zone coupons
----------------------------------
$394.99
+34.96 Tax
----------------------------------
$429.95 TOTAL

5 Left at Northglenn, CO Store

I just picked up one today for the $525 price and the $100 off. The deal is good for Comcast too, and it's not a contract when using the promotion. I have to call them up and cancel it now (because I already have Comcast where I live).

I needed the laptop though for school. I was gonna wait and get one on Black Friday, but this worked out better than I could have imagined for the price and package. Thanks OP! :)

[quote name='cheba63']Does anyone know when this deal is going to end?[/quote]

I wouldn't wait too long, every BB in my area was sold out. They told me the laptop was being deleted from their system.

Yeah, thanks to my inability to make a decision, by the time I decided I was going to do it, it was too late today. Hopefully nothing about the deal changes with the new ad.

I went to one Best Buy in Jersey and it was in stock but wasn't on clearance. I called two others and they had no idea what I was talking about regarding this laptop being on clearance. Lame.

[quote name='enterwhy']I went to one Best Buy in Jersey and it was in stock but wasn't on clearance. I called two others and they had no idea what I was talking about regarding this laptop being on clearance. Lame.[/QUOTE]

Go to the store with the SKU, have them look it up. It'll show all their stores, quantity in stock, and price at each store. Just look at their computer screen when they look it up. It's not hard.

going to try and get one tomorrow, power is out in most areas around here, called them and there are 5 in stock asked about price and was given price online, wasn't able to check sku since power outage

Has anyone that bought the laptop tried running Unreal 3 or Maya? I'm guessing its a long shot, but if anyone has, or is able to test out how either runs I'd love to know.

bread's done
Back