What the hell ebay

Paco

CAGiversary!
fuck YOU. Now you want to bone us on shipping too? Check this nice message I got.

Attention Seller!Starting in October, the maximum shipping cost in this category will be $4.00. You'll be asked to enter a shipping cost less than or equal to this cost for the first U.S. flat rate shipping service.
Get a head start on these changes by updating your shipping costs for this listing

So I'm selling something that costs about 2.79 to ship. Put in a dollar for a bubble mailer, and figure in the cost of gas to get to the post office to ship it. Ebay loves boning people. Yes this will get rid of the price gougers who love to rape you with the shipping dildo, but now any small time seller is going to get fucked over by this too.

BAH.

Last edited by a moderator:
that sucks but they've been making small screwed up changes for years something now about how you can;t leave negative feedback even if a seller deserves it or something like that it has to be neutral

I know this is bullcrap. I'll just send everything media mail out of spite because of that. And tell customers "Thank ebay. You complained about paying that extra fifty cents, so now you have to wait a week or two more."

[quote name='Paco']I know this is bullcrap. I'll just send everything media mail out of spite because of that. And tell customers "Thank ebay. You complained about paying that extra fifty cents, so now you have to wait a week or two more."[/QUOTE]

then your shipping score gets below 4.3 and you get banned

You get banned for having a shipping score below 4.3? So you have to maintain about a 90% or near 90% for shipping speed to stay good? What happened about you know, warning people about slow shippers? And it's not my fault that shipping is slow. Thank the post office for that, and ebay for removing the ability to use faster methods.

[quote name='bubbafett4hire']that sucks but they've been making small screwed up changes for years something now about how you can;t leave negative feedback even if a seller deserves it or something like that it has to be neutral[/quote]
Your incorrect. You can still leave negative feedback for sellers. You CANNOT leave negative feedback for BUYERS. You might want to get your facts straight before you rant about something...

Secondly, regarding the eBay shipping fee. There's an easy fix to this, require the seller to buy insurance of 2 or 3 dollars with your auction. That will level you out...

eBay is a tad retarded, but it's the best place to sell old games for ridiculous prices. love it or hate it, your not going to leave it.

the problem is the upper management that made the decsion probably never sold anything on the site.

[quote name='62t']the problem is the upper management that made the decsion probably never sold anything on the site.[/quote]

It's not upper management... It's all the people that charge 10 dollars to ship a quarter pound game using flat rate. I like the new feature a lot. I ship all my items using USPS Priority Mail and it only costs me $4 dollars. I will just make sure that all my items are insured now to not only protect my butt and their butt, but to make up any money I will be losing.

[quote name='RiPaCRoMBiE']It's not upper management... It's all the people that charge 10 dollars to ship a quarter pound game using flat rate. I like the new feature a lot. I ship all my items using USPS Priority Mail and it only costs me $4 dollars. I will just make sure that all my items are insured now to not only protect my butt and their butt, but to make up any money I will be losing.[/quote]

I'm sure the customers are gonna LOVE IT when I ship games without any padding or protection because ebay doesn't leave anything for it.

[quote name='RiPaCRoMBiE']Your incorrect. You can still leave negative feedback for sellers. You CANNOT leave negative feedback for BUYERS. You might want to get your facts straight before you rant about something...
[/quote]

that's why i used the term " something like that " cause i was not %100 sure which it was but thank you for the correction

[quote name='Paco']I'm sure the customers are gonna LOVE IT when I ship games without any padding or protection because ebay doesn't leave anything for it.[/quote]

Use paper from your local paper, or go to Wal-Mart and buy a $3 bag of peanuts. Stop being a vagina, it's a dollar or two. It doesn't cost that much more. USPS is nice enough to provide free boxes, so if anything it's evened out everything.

[quote name='RiPaCRoMBiE']It's not upper management... It's all the people that charge 10 dollars to ship a quarter pound game using flat rate. I like the new feature a lot. I ship all my items using USPS Priority Mail and it only costs me $4 dollars. I will just make sure that all my items are insured now to not only protect my butt and their butt, but to make up any money I will be losing.[/QUOTE]

And when was the last time you send something with priority mail? The current rate is $4.80 for 1 pound in the same zone. I agree with people charing $10, but the new rate isnt enough on bigger games and bundles.

[quote name='RiPaCRoMBiE']Actually, I just sent something last night. It's cost me $4.75 for 1lbs. Ohh no, 75 cents, I think I might go broke...[/QUOTE]

That and in additional to the increase fees and no money order (have to use paypal) will add up. Plus if I am selling something inexpensive it is not going to worth my time.

Then sell it on Craigslist... Don't forget, you can still sell in different categories. 99% of people don't search in categories, they search for Keywords. Make sure your title and keywords are fine tuned and you can still charge as much as you want for shipping in a different catagory.

that blows.. but for me I just usually do free shipping and just bump up my buy it now price.. I don't do auctions too often, just fixed. Free shipping seems to be good for buyers even though I pay a higher final value fee.

[quote name='RiPaCRoMBiE']Then sell it on Craigslist... Don't forget, you can still sell in different categories. 99% of people don't search in categories, they search for Keywords. Make sure your title and keywords are fine tuned and you can still charge as much as you want for shipping in a different catagory.[/quote]

Your just all about defending Ebay aren't you.

They'll take down auctions if you are trying to avoid the ship limit.

[quote name='RiPaCRoMBiE']Use paper from your local paper, or go to Wal-Mart and buy a $3 bag of peanuts. Stop being a vagina, it's a dollar or two. It doesn't cost that much more. USPS is nice enough to provide free boxes, so if anything it's evened out everything.[/quote]

Do you have any idea how fucking stupid you sound? Use newspaper? That weighs a hell of a lot more then packing peanuts or bubble mailers making it even MORE to ship. Or how about the fact that peanuts make the package bigger, and thus USPS charging even more because the package is bigger?

I also love how you say stop being a vagina as that shows you have no fucking idea how much it comes to. I probably shipped about 200 items this year alone. Factor it up and there is a substantial charge right there. Plus factor in ebay taking a higher cut, paypal taking their cut, and ebay taking another cut as an end result and you have lost a significant chunk already. And now you can't even charge for packaging any more? THANK YOU SIR MAY I HAVE ANOTHER.

I recommend you sell some shit and take a 75-100 cent loss on shipping after selling about 200 things and see if YOU like that "insignificant" cost.

Well, unlike some people I don't waste my time standing in line trying to get a label printed. Try using the online system and putting the weight yourself. You save a lot of time and MONEY. Seeing how your very VAG about a couple a cents, there is your money saver.

I'm not defending eBay, it's just hilarious how I come here and read all this bitching/moaning/and complaining by individuals selling (most of the time) OLD USED games and having to confine their shipping to $4.00. There are ways to make that money back, put a little thought into it before your spill your retard juice all over this board.

WAYS TO COMPENSATE EBAYS NEW POLICY:

1. Sell in Video Category > Games > Other
  2. Start your bidding out at a higher price
  3. Ship using cheaper methods
  4. Print out shipping labels ONLINE, it's CHEAPER PEOPLE
  5. Use FREE USPS boxes
  6. Charge insurance on all auctions
  7. Stop crying and sell on one of these sites instead: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Online_auction_websites

There are several other methods, but I don't feel like wasting my time.

[quote name='Layziebones']Your just all about defending Ebay aren't you.

They'll take down auctions if you are trying to avoid the ship limit.[/quote]

lol your funny. lets all live in fear of eBay!

So what about people who only ship Priority? That starts at something like $4.15 right?

Anyway, this seems like a good idea if they enforce it for everyone. But I get the feeling the power sellers will bitch about it and then eBay will basically give them an option to charge more and screw everyone else over. In general, I'd say most people charge fairly for shipping, about $4-5 but this'll be a problem when it comes to oversized games.

And OP, $1 for a bubble mailer? Why the hell would you even spend that much on a bubble mailer? The #0s (6x9s) can be found for $.50 at stores and even less if you buy in bulk.

Holy crap that got deleted fast.

Anyway the only thing I could figure was just buying envelopes in bulk, i've done it before, 100 cost about 27 shipped back in the day, probably not much more now. If I still sold as much as I used to I would do it but I barely sell any games anymore.

I'm more annoyed about the 15% FVF. With a listing fee, the 15% FVF and Paypal fees you are at close to 20% fees. At least Half.com charges 15% and that is it. I started selling on Half.com more like I used to before selling on EBay and I like it better. Unlimited listings and stuff sells for more.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I'm more annoyed about the 15% FVF. With a listing fee, the 15% FVF and Paypal fees you are at close to 20% fees. At least Half.com charges 15% and that is it. I started selling on Half.com more like I used to before selling on EBay and I like it better. Unlimited listings and stuff sells for more.[/quote]
I understand eBay charging, but PayPal really takes a chunk out of your cash. I have been with PayPal a while and sold lots of stuff, and I've learned that anything over $500 dollars should be sent using USPS Money Order.

[quote name='RiPaCRoMBiE']Actually, I just sent something last night. It's cost me $4.75 for 1lbs. Ohh no, 75 cents, I think I might go broke...[/QUOTE]

WELL WITH EBAY FEES AND PAYPAL FEES you will go broke, and what about packaging and gas??! You sound like one those people who are payed to promote ebay on thier boards.

[quote name='coolsteel']I forget half.com exists sometimes, I gotta remember to list a few things on there one day.[/quote]

check your private messages...

anyway, half.com is okay, but everything seems to be a little overpriced :whistle2:\

[quote name='scudnmuff']WELL WITH EBAY FEES AND PAYPAL FEES you will go broke, and what about packaging and gas??! You sound like one those people who are payed to promote ebay on thier boards.[/quote]

you'll go broke? I'm sorry, but selling my excess stuff on eBay or finds at yard sales isn't my only source of incoming. I have a 900+ balance on PayPal that I just let sit there for all my sales/shipping/buying/etc... I don't rely on this stuff to pay my bills... get a job?

[quote name='RiPaCRoMBiE']you'll go broke? I'm sorry, but selling my excess stuff on eBay or finds at yard sales isn't my only source of incoming. I have a 900+ balance on PayPal that I just let sit there for all my sales/shipping/buying/etc... I don't rely on this stuff to pay my bills... get a job?[/QUOTE]

Broke was an exaggeration, but they do cut into any profit a person could make. When you sail items that don't get that much money, then it eats into any profit that you could make. If you force Insurance then you will have those same buyers complain too, espeially if it only cost like $1.50. Iam a small time part ime seller, who mainly helps his brothers sells his game, so he can afford new ones, or so he might have extra cash to help the family. I already have a small income that doesn't involve ebay, and as for the job comment, you try getting a high paying job if you are disabled. FYI I am disabled, It nice you are obviously are so rich that these new rules son't effect you, and you can take in any little penny. Other people can't. Personaly, I am waiting to see how this effects ebay.

[quote name='scudnmuff']Broke was an exaggeration, but they do cut into any profit a person could make. When you sail items that don't get that much money, then it eats into any profit that you could make. If you force Insurance then you will have those same buyers complain too, espeially if it only cost like $1.50. Iam a small time part ime seller, who mainly helps his brothers sells his game, so he can afford new ones, or so he might have extra cash to help the family. I already have a small income that doesn't involve ebay, and as for the job comment, you try getting a high paying job if you are disabled. FYI I am disabled, It nice you are obviously are so rich that these new rules son't effect you, and you can take in any little penny. Other people can't. Personaly, I am waiting to see how this effects ebay.[/quote]
I don't believe your disabled, prove it. take pictures and show me your disability right now, or don't bring that up in this conversation lol. Whoever said I was rich lol? Thanks for stereotyping me :)

everyone will continue to sell on eBay, they will just start using higher starting prices, or charging for insurance.

[quote name='RiPaCRoMBiE']I don't believe your disabled, prove it. take pictures and show me your disability right now, or don't play the victim card lol.
[/quote]

You are literally one of the biggest assholes I have ever met.

[quote name='RiPaCRoMBiE']I don't believe your disabled, prove it. take pictures and show me your disability right now, or don't bring that up in this conversation lol. Whoever said I was rich lol? Thanks for stereotyping me :)

everyone will continue to sell on eBay, they will just start using higher starting prices, or charging for insurance.[/quote]

Will somebody get this dumbass out of here?

Honestly, it's not that much. $.75 But add that together with the listing fee, final value fee and the PayPal fee, and you're basically giving your item away. You have to charge an insane amount of money for your item to make money, and that defeats the whole purpose of buying on eBay, cheap items. Unless you're a powerseller or buyer, eBay has been, and will continue to fuck you in the ass. And honestly, there's not possible argument to defend. They did this for money, and that's it. There is no exterior motive that will benefit anybody but them in any way, shape or form?

[quote name='RiPaCRoMBiE']you'll go broke? I'm sorry, but selling my excess stuff on eBay or finds at yard sales isn't my only source of incoming. I have a 900+ balance on PayPal that I just let sit there for all my sales/shipping/buying/etc... I don't rely on this stuff to pay my bills... get a job?[/quote]

Some people DO rely on eBay to pay bill, as being a merchant is a totally respectable job. Moron.

[quote name='Layziebones']You are literally one of the biggest assholes I have ever met.[/quote]
you haven't met me, so how can you say that?

[quote name='Access_Denied']Will somebody get this dumbass out of here?

Honestly, it's not that much. $.75 But add that together with the listing fee, final value fee and the PayPal fee, and you're basically giving your item away. You have to charge an insane amount of money for your item to make money, and that defeats the whole purpose of buying on eBay, cheap items. Unless you're a powerseller or buyer, eBay has been, and will continue to fuck you in the ass. And honestly, there's not possible argument to defend. They did this for money, and that's it. There is no exterior motive that will benefit anybody but them in any way, shape or form?[/quote]
It costs less than a dollar to list it. PayPal charges 2.9% + .30 for most transactions. Once again, that's chump changes. CHARGE INSURANCE for the listing, is everyone a cry baby?

[quote name='Access_Denied']Some people DO rely on eBay to pay bill, as being a merchant is a totally respectable job. Moron.[/quote]
Most merchants buy is mass quantities and save a lot of money, then re-sell and make large profits. Ohh no, their profit is going to be reduced by a dollar or so! The world is going to end...

[quote name='RiPaCRoMBiE']

It costs less than a dollar to list it. PayPal charges 2.9% + .30 for most transactions. Once again, that's chump changes. CHARGE INSURANCE for the listing, is everyone a cry baby?

...[/quote]

If it ends up being about 20% total (someone stated this before in the thread), you are only getting $8 if your item sells for $10. You think this is chump change? You honestly think this is a good decision by ebay to take $20 for every $100 someone sells?

They are going to lose money left and right if this is the actual percent they are going to be taking from sellers. The sellers will be GONE.

Don't forget that Ebay was made popular by AUCTIONS. It isn't hard to find other storefronts on the internet to sell on and still get your money. Boneheaded move by Ebay as has been stated many many times in another thread that is exactly like this..

[quote name='RiPaCRoMBiE']you haven't met me, so how can you say that?...[/quote]

Just the fact that you actually want proof someone is disabled. Is that a joke? It's just a dick move.

[quote name='YoshiFan1'][highlight]I'm more annoyed about the 15% FVF[/highlight]. With a listing fee, the 15% FVF and Paypal fees you are at close to 20% fees. At least Half.com charges 15% and that is it. I started selling on Half.com more like I used to before selling on EBay and I like it better. Unlimited listings and stuff sells for more.[/QUOTE]

Bingo!

I'm doing some selling now to get in before those changes take effect. That is a ridiculous increase in fees. The shipping I don't mind so much because I've always had a $3.95 option for first-class mail anyway (on regular games - bundles and multi-packs are a different matter). However, even that is bad because now I will go from being on the low range of what people charge for shipping to the very highest. So now buyers' expectations will be cheap shipping and $3.95 will be "expensive" to some and that will probably get me a dreaded 4 out of 5 rating. And that is the other problem. To most people 4 out of 5 stars would be pretty good. I think a lot of people are inclined not to give 5 unless something is excellent (or shipping is free). Yet I bet eBay doesn't warn buyers that a 4 out of 5 means you are basically voting to ban that seller :roll:.

On the flip side, starting Sept 16th all fixed-price listing fees in DVD/games/etc will be only 5 cents... Of course the email they sent out highlighted this and glossed over the huge increase in closing fees.

yeah bundles would be dead essentially. The old genesis games complete are about 8-10 ounces each by themselves. Factor in packaging and a box and you're almost at a pound per each one. Four dollar shipping? LOL Thanks ebay.

[quote name='spamfree2']What about bundles like say 4 or 5 games? You would get raped big time if it was just $4 shipping.[/QUOTE]

If you're selling a bundle, you are allowed to use the shipping calculator instead of a $4 flat rate.

[quote name='scudnmuff']Broke was an exaggeration, but they do cut into any profit a person could make. When you sail items that don't get that much money, then it eats into any profit that you could make. If you force Insurance then you will have those same buyers complain too, espeially if it only cost like $1.50. Iam a small time part ime seller, who mainly helps his brothers sells his game, so he can afford new ones, or so he might have extra cash to help the family. I already have a small income that doesn't involve ebay, and as for the job comment, you try getting a high paying job if you are disabled. FYI I am disabled, It nice you are obviously are so rich that these new rules son't effect you, and you can take in any little penny. Other people can't. Personaly, I am waiting to see how this effects ebay.[/quote]

Thank you glad someone spoke on behalf of the disabled :applause: and non rich

eBay has been punishing sellers more and more recently, just because some buyers are too dense to know how to avoid getting ripped-off. Nowadays, eBay has swung so far into the "buyer's market" domain that it's almost a wonder that people still sell things on the site. :roll:

We just really need a new auction site to rise up and make a dent in eBay's market share. :whistle2:|

[quote name='RiPaCRoMBiE']It's not upper management... It's all the people that charge 10 dollars to ship a quarter pound game using flat rate. I like the new feature a lot. I ship all my items using USPS Priority Mail and it only costs me $4 dollars. I will just make sure that all my items are insured now to not only protect my butt and their butt, but to make up any money I will be losing.[/QUOTE]
Priority Mail shipping starts at $4.85
[quote name='YoshiFan1']I'm more annoyed about the 15% FVF. With a listing fee, the 15% FVF and Paypal fees you are at close to 20% fees. At least Half.com charges 15% and that is it. I started selling on Half.com more like I used to before selling on EBay and I like it better. Unlimited listings and stuff sells for more.[/QUOTE]
Isnt the 15% FVF only apply if your item was listed under Fixed Auction? If it was listed under normal auction style, the FVF would be the 8.75% and 5%

i didnt sell on ebay much but this was pretty much the last straw, pay to list py if it sells pay to take money now they tell me how much to charge for shipping? whats next tell me how much to sell stuff for? sorry the 10 year old video game your selling cant sell for more than $2. after that no negitive crap they can screw off. there really needs to be another place to sell

[quote name='orion1998_1']i didnt sell on ebay much but this was pretty much the last straw, pay to list py if it sells pay to take money now they tell me how much to charge for shipping? whats next tell me how much to sell stuff for? sorry the 10 year old video game your selling cant sell for more than $2. after that no negitive crap they can screw off. there really needs to be another place to sell[/QUOTE]

I get what you are saying, but they would never limit the price things could sell for because that would cut into their fees :lol:. See, limiting shipping (and strongly encouraging "free" shipping :roll:) means they hope people bump up prices and they get a bigger chunk of FVFs. They wouldn't then undercut that fee revenue.

I want the ebay of 2001-2004. Thats when I started selling in 2001 and there was just enough rules to HELP the sellers and not let too much chaos go on. Just about anything would sell, at a much higher price, and with less non-paying buyers. Also fees were minimal. I miss the good ole days.

bread's done
Back