- - - - -

Halo 3 Limited Edition - $39.99 on bestbuy.com

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 dresden

dresden

Posted 12 September 2008 - 02:10 AM

http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1161734749735

The regular one is still 60, and Legendary is 80.

Kinda funny, I apologize if this is duped somewhere else.

#2 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2008 - 02:15 AM

Nope, hasn't been posted.

#3 lucao

lucao

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2008 - 02:25 AM

Impressive. but for some reason I just wont jump even though its a fantastic deal.
Want Free 360 Games/Accessories
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=256366

Or PM for more information

#4 BillH

BillH

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2008 - 02:37 AM

Some CircuitCity's have the legendary for $70.. YMMV I picked one up last night & they had 6 others.

#5 MrRedrum

MrRedrum

My People Need Me!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2008 - 02:37 AM

Impressive. but for some reason I just wont jump even though its a fantastic deal.

Maybe because Halo sucks and the disc is already probably pre-scratched? lol jokes. Did they ever even fix that problem though? I hope they did but you never know... Mine was "fortunately" lightly scratched when I picked up my copy back when it released. Too bad this wasn't the Legendary Edition, otherwise I would bite just for the Helmet lol.

76561197995062718.png573230.png

Completed 360 Retail Games (100%)
Madden NFL (06, 08, 09), Call of Duty 2 & 4, Fight Night Round 3, Dynasty Warriors 5, NBA 2K6, NFS: Most Wanted, Assassin's Creed I & II, Resident Evil 5, Green Lantern, X-Men: Destiny
, Darkness II

My Blu-ray Collection

#6 Bad

Bad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2008 - 02:38 AM

Good deal, I'd probably be in if I didn't order one for 20$ used from the secondspin deal. Is the Limited version the one that had a problem with scratched discs in the tin case?

#7 imacgod

imacgod

Posted 12 September 2008 - 02:44 AM

Yep. The tin can is the scratcher. Is Microsoft still replacing them? I got a free month of Live with my replacement discs.

#8 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2008 - 03:10 AM

Yep. The tin can is the scratcher. Is Microsoft still replacing them? I got a free month of Live with my replacement discs.

No free replacements. IIRC, they ended in January.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#9 fshaia

fshaia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2008 - 03:16 AM

Just bought a used one for $20 shipped with tax, guess as long as it isn't messed up I will be happy.

#10 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2008 - 03:31 AM

Is the Legendary version worth $60? I mean i assume all you are paying for is the helmet?

#11 Drkirby

Drkirby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2008 - 03:39 AM

:lol: I was able to get the legendary version 2 days ago in store for $30, the manager was fed up having the thing on stock for over a year now, and chopped the price down to get rid of it.

#12 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2008 - 04:00 AM

:lol: I was able to get the legendary version 2 days ago in store for $30, the manager was fed up having the thing on stock for over a year now, and chopped the price down to get rid of it.

Where was this?

#13 mariol90

mariol90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2008 - 04:32 AM

I found five of these (brand new) at my local bestbuy a week or 2 ago. Picked up one for $20 :D opened it on the way to another store, and looked at the disc, it was scratched badly D: so i took it back, the lady at the store let me open the other 4, i picked the one that looked best (just a few scratches) and it works fine. :)
It's too bad they don't have any more free replacements, i'd send mine back if they did.

#14 FatBoyInside

FatBoyInside

Money costs too much

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2008 - 04:54 AM

I can also vouch seeing the Legendary Edition for $70 @ CircuitCity. Don't forget to grab the Halo 3 strat guide on clearance there, too. My BestBuy is still asking $80 for the cat helmet.

My Current Lowball Sale is CLOSED.  Rest easy and salivate for my follow-up next time! 

animePSP2.jpg

#15 Drkirby

Drkirby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2008 - 05:24 AM

Where was this?

Local Bestbuy near the Boynton Beach mall, was marked at $69.99, was put over at the 40% off section, and was missing the outer box plus the inner box was beat up, so it was counted as an open box item, so they dropped it dowey to $29.99, though it was the one and only copy that had.

Also, I don't pay more the $.01 for guides. Not worth it with the existence of the internet and all.

#16 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2008 - 06:23 AM

Is the Legendary version worth $60? I mean i assume all you are paying for is the helmet?

No there's two more disks (one that is exclusive to the Legendary and one that is also in the Limited) plus some special gamerpics/themes. I would say it's worth $60 (which is what I paid for it back in Dec. from walmart.com.)

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png