- - - - -

o dang Henry Hatsworth! puzzle / platform hybrid

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#31 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:10 AM

Best quote about this game,

"If Mario and Luigi went to Oxford instead of plumbing school, you'll get Henry Hatsworth"

I can't wait to pick this up.
Posted Image

#32 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:59 PM

I have been playing the game most of the day so far and will vouch it is living up to the hype. I almost never post at a topic specific to one game but this is seriously the most fun I have had with a game since Professor layton. I love the voice "acting" in this, especially monkay boi!

Edit - Its also amazing how much the soundtrack kicks ass. This is one of the first games in awhile that I have not only not had the urge to turn the volumn off and watch TV/listen to a podcast while playing but also put my headphones on and just enjoy the soundtrack.
When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Government is the enemy, until you need a friend - Bill Cohen
Tea baggers keep saying they want their country back, well I say I want mine forward - Bill Maher
Id rather be hated for what I am then loved for what I am not - The Miz

#33 J7.

J7.

Posted 20 March 2009 - 08:05 PM

Edit - Its also amazing how much the soundtrack kicks ass. This is one of the first games in awhile that I have not only not had the urge to turn the volumn off and watch TV/listen to a podcast while playing but also put my headphones on and just enjoy the soundtrack.

Strange, I can't imagine enjoying a game while listening to TV or a podcast instead of the game music and sound.

#34 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2009 - 08:13 PM

I played this game for about 2 hours last night, and only stopped because it was 4am and I needed to sleep! Crazy good fun, a great sense of humor, and thoroughly addictive. I loves me some Henry Hatsworth.

#35 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 02:19 PM

This game just keeps getting better. Apparently there are hidden exits in some level that lead to secret levels. The secret levels are supposed to be way harder but have big rewards including upgrades to your suit(one guy said the one he got made it so treasure was worth more when picked up).
When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Tea baggers keep saying they want their country back, well I say I want mine forward - Bill Maher

#36 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 10:44 PM

I've been playing this for the past two hours and am loving it.

The only negative is that it manages to one-up JRPGs for the most annoying text sounds, as you hear "harrumphs" and other similar sounds for each word that comes up, which is more annoying than just beeps. A simple harrumph at the end or beginning of each sentence would've been fine.

#37 weevles

weevles

Posted 21 March 2009 - 10:51 PM

^^Agreed. Especially that kid's "voice"...

#38 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2009 - 01:04 AM

I freaking love the voice acting! I think im probally about 60% through the game at this point and have to say I am still very impressed, and am pleased to see that eve if the game isnt hard its harder then many are these days later in the game.

#39 shlby

shlby

Posted 22 March 2009 - 03:04 AM

I've only played it for the first 30 mins or so, and it seems to be a pretty fun game in a odd way. I always loved tetris attack, but I hope it doesn't hinder the gameplay if you are increasingly good at tetris attack.
Posted Image

#40 SuperPhillip

SuperPhillip

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:18 AM

I picked this up this evening with the help of my gift card from getting RE5.
I'm interested in starting it very soon. :)

#41 bluesyncopate

bluesyncopate

Casualcore!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:28 AM

I'll add to the Chorus of Joy here - the platforming elements are very simple, yet solid and fun, with good music and visuals, and the puzzle is basically Tetris Attack / Puzzle de Pon with special tiles that activate things like lightning, health, and temporary speed increases once you return to the top world; there are also tiles that increase the time you can spend in the puzzle world; puzzle combos also increase the amount of energy that fills your special meter, which, when full, allows you to transform into a GIANT FREAKING ROBOT.

It's the kind of game you hope succeeds, because it's so gleefully anti-hip that you can't help but love it. GOOD SHOW!

When you're puzzling, you crave to return to the platformer; when you're platforming, you want to puzzle some more.

#42 SuperPhillip

SuperPhillip

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:30 AM

I've only played it for the first 30 mins or so, and it seems to be a pretty fun game in a odd way. I always loved tetris attack, but I hope it doesn't hinder the gameplay if you are increasingly good at tetris attack.

If I understood the GT review correctly, you don't have to be dependent on the puzzle element. You can make the game as easy or as hard as you like by how much you depend on the puzzles.

#43 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2009 - 07:47 AM

^^Agreed. Especially that kid's "voice"...

OH EE AH OOH AH AH OH AH AYE GUVNUH!
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#44 MasterSun1

MasterSun1

Already Guilty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:57 PM

Good stuff!

#45 Reality's Fringe

Reality's Fringe

Goes sex for pussy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:31 PM

This game is sex. We need more goodness like this.
http://artthoubored.ytmnd.com/

http://snapintotehslimjim.ytmnd.com/

I had one last summer. I was asleep for it so I have no recollection of anything being up my ass.

#46 Kaoz

Kaoz

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:02 AM

Did not hear about this game until the day it came out, enjoying it more than any game I have played on the ds in a long time.

#47 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:23 AM

Game is indeed fun. Just got my second piece of the golden gentle man suit.

#48 Reality's Fringe

Reality's Fringe

Goes sex for pussy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:15 PM

Banjo-Kazooie voices! I know a lot f people hate that, but I don't know why.It's awesome, and way better than shitty,over-written voice-acting.

I had one last summer. I was asleep for it so I have no recollection of anything being up my ass.

#49 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:47 PM

God damn the boss of the Atlantica area is difficult. Think this is the first time in years I have burned through more then 1 or 2 free men fighting a boss.

#50 soccerstud652

soccerstud652

J-E-T-S JETSJETSJETS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2009 - 05:17 PM

Any advice on where to pick this up?
My eBay link.
I am PayPal verified and have 100% feedback since June 2004.

#51 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2009 - 05:23 PM

http://twitter.com/HenryHatsworth

:lol: Henry's on twitter now.

#52 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:01 PM

I have seen a few people say this game is too easy....those people clearly havnt played some of the secret levels in this game. I am doing this one right now and God damn its difficult.

#53 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:07 PM

I have seen a few people say this game is too easy....those people clearly havnt played some of the secret levels in this game. I am doing this one right now and God damn its difficult.

Holy shit!

#54 Reality's Fringe

Reality's Fringe

Goes sex for pussy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:58 AM

I'm bumping this because this game is getting no real love. Most charming thing I've played in a while.

#55 soccerstud652

soccerstud652

J-E-T-S JETSJETSJETS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:13 AM

It really is a great game.

The platformer part is not as easy as I anticipated. The frequent switch to puzzle mode keeps your brain active. This game is great for those that need help in multi-tasking.

For anyone on the fence, this game is WELL WORTH its $30 pricetag. (I also have been having fun with GTA Chinatown Wars, also well worth the price.)
My eBay link.
I am PayPal verified and have 100% feedback since June 2004.

#56 weevles

weevles

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:19 AM

Actually, the platform to puzzle part is a lot more seamless than I expected it to be.

The first time I saw the gameplay vids, I thought to myself, "what the-?", but in practice, you just do what you need to do. I agree that it's a nice brain candy to chew on, and a good companion to a game like Prof. Layton, which requires a different kind of thinking.

#57 Reality's Fringe

Reality's Fringe

Goes sex for pussy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:06 PM

I feel the change between the two is easier than I'd expected (a good thing). I think it's because the puzzle element is relatively simple and reminds me a lot of Tetris Attack (Fuck you, bejeweled).

#58 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:26 PM

So is there a secret level for each section of the worlds?

#59 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2009 - 07:08 PM

The "to do list" on the Multiplayer Blog led me to believe that there's 2 secret areas in each of the first few levels.

#60 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:48 PM

Finally got my gentleman wallet from playing that secret level.