o dang Henry Hatsworth! puzzle / platform hybrid

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#61 bluesyncopate

bluesyncopate

Casualcore!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:56 PM

I have a question. I noticed that after I defeated the bosses of the first two areas (I'm now in the third world), I can't go back and fight them again. This sucks because I had the volume turned down during the second boss fight, and I've heard the music is part of the experience.

Any clues on how to fight bosses again without starting a new game? Do I have to beat the game?

#62 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2009 - 06:02 PM

I have a question. I noticed that after I defeated the bosses of the first two areas (I'm now in the third world), I can't go back and fight them again. This sucks because I had the volume turned down during the second boss fight, and I've heard the music is part of the experience.

Any clues on how to fight bosses again without starting a new game? Do I have to beat the game?

I'm not sure about how you can fight them again, but you can get the soundtrack from the official site.

Just go here: http://www.henryhats..._us/home.action

And click on the downloads tab.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#63 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2009 - 06:24 PM

I'm through the first 3 worlds and I'm really liking the game. Funny thing is, I don't really know why. It's certainly not breaking any new grounds but I guess it has just enough polish to keep me going.

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#64 bluesyncopate

bluesyncopate

Casualcore!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:01 PM

I'm not sure about how you can fight them again . . .

Thanks for the tip on the soundtrack.

It does kind of suck that you can't replay the boss fights. I have found the boss fights to be highlights of the game, and the idea of starting a character from scratch on a different save slot just to play them "one more time" seems ridiculous. While overall I'd say the design of this game is just about perfect, but that is a very glaring oversight.

If anyone finds out a way to replay boss fights without starting from scratch, let me know.

#65 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2009 - 12:00 PM

Wow this game gets hard at the end. The last two worlds are pretty much full of instant deaths that have you falling into a pit as soon as you are hit by anything. A lot of frustration for me now and not the kind where I feel rewarded at the end. Slogging through world 5 but I don't know if I will make it to the end.

#66 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:48 PM

Yeah, if each level weren't 3-4 screens worth of levels and the only checkpoints are for beating each screen, it wouldn't be nearly as frustrating.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#67 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:51 PM

Yeah, if each level weren't 3-4 screens worth of levels and the only checkpoints are for beating each screen, it wouldn't be nearly as frustrating.

Yeah, I've given up after 5-2. The game just becomes trial and error with one hit kills all over the place. No longer fun. Oh well, I enjoyed most of what I played.

#68 SuperPhillip

SuperPhillip

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:28 AM

Yeah, I've given up after 5-2. The game just becomes trial and error with one hit kills all over the place. No longer fun. Oh well, I enjoyed most of what I played.

I found 5-1 the hardest. Those powerful axe guys, the two ambush rooms, and the numerous pits made for one frustrating level.

5-3 was pretty easy. The second "room" is a vertical one, so if you fall, you just land a floor below.

Keep at it. You're almost there!

#69 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2009 - 03:30 PM

I think my girlfriend is near the end of the game...she keeps screaming at her DS.

Posted Image
VGH#78: Forking Paths is now available
on iTunes, the Zune Marketplace and from http://vghangover.com.

Spoiler

#70 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:41 PM

Arg, I've been wondering why this hasn't shipped from TRU the day they had their $10 coupon. Turns out I never placed the order, and it was still sitting in my cart :bomb:

#71 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:36 PM

Still waiting for $20 price tag :)
"Evil is Funs"

#72 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:09 AM

Well with the coupon, it was at the $20 price tag.

#73 mcgavin27

mcgavin27

twomanjobs.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:18 PM

I ended up getting it last night, and it really surprised me. The game is much more fun than I thought. Well worth the $30.

logo.png

#74 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:27 PM

I ended up getting it last night, and it really surprised me. The game is much more fun than I thought. Well worth the $30.

Let us know what you think when you get to world 4 or 5.

#75 Reality's Fringe

Reality's Fringe

Goes sex for pussy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:13 PM

Let us know what you think when you get to world 4 or 5.

It does get really hard, but it's not that big a problem. I don't know WHY it suddenly gets so hard, but I didn't get it when Yoshi's Island DS got really hard all of a sudden.

The game could definitely be refined, but it's so "charming" to me that I can look past it. I'm looking forward to this dev's next game.
http://artthoubored.ytmnd.com/

http://snapintotehslimjim.ytmnd.com/

I had one last summer. I was asleep for it so I have no recollection of anything being up my ass.

#76 nyprimus4

nyprimus4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2009 - 12:14 AM

How long does it last? My sister is giving me her DS Lite seeing as she doesn't play it anymore. So I'm thinking rather then buying a few games to start off with and not giving all my games the proper love I'm going to keep my backlog down by only buying one game at a time and making sure I beat everything. Just want to make sure I'm getting my moneys worth though. So how many hours?

#77 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2009 - 01:11 AM

It does get really hard, but it's not that big a problem. I don't know WHY it suddenly gets so hard, but I didn't get it when Yoshi's Island DS got really hard all of a sudden.

The game could definitely be refined, but it's so "charming" to me that I can look past it. I'm looking forward to this dev's next game.

I found it to be a problem. I was enjoying the hell out of the game early on, then as it got harder still enjoying it....then it became Mega Man difficult with stupid pit traps and crap and I havnt touched it in 2 weeks.....

When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Government is the enemy, until you need a friend - Bill Cohen

#78 ihadFG

ihadFG

Adamustache

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2009 - 03:42 PM

I found it to be a problem. I was enjoying the hell out of the game early on, then as it got harder still enjoying it....then it became Mega Man difficult with stupid pit traps and crap and I havnt touched it in 2 weeks.....

I agree. I gave up on the game during world 5. It just wasn't fun anymore because of the difficulty. I can't think of any other DS game I've played that got this difficult, it should have had an "easy" difficulty setting or something.

#79 mickeyp

mickeyp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2009 - 03:45 PM

$20 used at gamestop,then use 10% coupon and edge to get it cheaper, if you want to buy used of course. I like it so far.
Smile

#80 JEKKI

JEKKI

JEKKI WOO FOO FOO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2009 - 06:15 AM

omg! finally FINALLY started playing today!!

I'm fashionably late to my own party! lol.

the action part is great, Henry man controls real tight so I like that.

not mind blowingly great tho... it's definitely no Ninja 5-0 or Drill Dozer.

the puzzle mode is freakin bootleg tho... but I only feel that way coz I take Tetris Attack as serious as I do Street Fighter.

still... it works well and accomplishes what it needs to. There's really no benefit in breaking the bottom screen anyways lol.

overall... I played thru the whole first world and definitely loving it all.

#81 eugaet

eugaet

1d20 to save vs CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:03 PM

So far, I've played through the first world. Pretty damn fun. I keep forgetting about the lower screen until I see the red flashing on the bottom of the top screen, though. Working on that.

A bunch of concept art has recently been posted on Offworld. The art spans the whole game, so some might consider them a bit of a spoiler. Just fair warning. LINK

Also, I can only imagine that Evil Ben Franklin would have been an awesome adversary.

Tradelist: LINK :: Strategy Guide Tradelist: LINK :: XBLA Code Tradelist: LINK

#82 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:44 PM

So far, I've played through the first world. Pretty damn fun. I keep forgetting about the lower screen until I see the red flashing on the bottom of the top screen, though. Working on that.

A bunch of concept art has recently been posted on Offworld. The art spans the whole game, so some might consider them a bit of a spoiler. Just fair warning. LINK

Also, I can only imagine that Evil Ben Franklin would have been an awesome adversary.

I wish this would go on sale for like $10-$15 already. I want to play this pretty badly, but not $30 badly. :bomb:

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#83 JEKKI

JEKKI

JEKKI WOO FOO FOO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:44 PM

the stages in this game are all real long tho.

if you do the whole price to game length proportion thingy... the game is actually worth a lot more than $30

#84 JEKKI

JEKKI

JEKKI WOO FOO FOO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2009 - 06:26 AM

whooo! beat it!!

honestly... not very hard at all.

got damn gamers these days... smh for realz.

-EDIT-

read back a few pages and whaaaaaaat there are secret levels?!?!

I wont be putting this away so soon then.

#85 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:11 PM

I finished today as well but I'll sort of disagree on difficulty. Some parts of the game **** you over for no reason at all except to piss you off like an old-school Mega Man game. I started dying a lot more late World 2 or early World 3 but stopped dying frequently early World 4. The final boss would have been very manageable except for one part...
Spoiler

#86 JEKKI

JEKKI

JEKKI WOO FOO FOO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2009 - 05:09 PM

you're supposed to use your projectile attacks in that situation.

I cant believe so many ppl have a hard time with that O_o

#87 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:14 PM

you're supposed to use your projectile attacks in that situation.

I cant believe so many ppl have a hard time with that O_o

Spoiler

#88 JEKKI

JEKKI

JEKKI WOO FOO FOO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:13 PM

u dont need a lot of projectile hits... you can jump off and shoot one or 2, and catch yourself back onto the wall easily,

furthermore dont forget... the bullets power up when u go into puzzle mode mid-trajectory. It's jus another one of the many useful tools that ppl overlook in the game.

#89 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:27 PM

I know that works with the bombs and boomerang but I didn't notice it working for the regular weapon. I beat the game already so tips aren't needed ;)

I had purchased all the upgrades and found all the missing Golden items before I completed it. I probably won't be playing through it again on the harder difficulty.

#90 vherub

vherub

Posted 24 April 2009 - 07:36 PM

I got this for my sister for her birthday, she's loving it. I got her peggle also- and I think she might like this even more than peggle!