CAGcast #133: Steal This!

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#31 RichMeisterMan

RichMeisterMan

Umbrella Executive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2008 - 05:06 PM

Wombat, when you mocked Cheapy for the way he says Karaoke at the beginning of the cast I was laughing my ass off.

Easily one of the funniest things you have ever said and we were all thinking it, and glad that you were there to say it.

...I'm still laughing...

#32 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2008 - 05:08 PM

we were only referring to a major release of the size of a madden type game, anno 1701 doest come close, please nitpick on the foreplay thread not mine. Also AC/DC rock my socks off, so I doubly think you are wrong

having to clarify after the fact doesn't help your argument.

p.s Your comments were on CAGcast. If your vagina is still sore from the birth, sit on "the donut' while doing the cagcast.

#33 Baron O Hell

Baron O Hell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2008 - 05:08 PM

Cheapy, what kind of camera are you sporting? You said you had one that records directly to SD cards.

#34 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2008 - 05:21 PM

having to clarify after the fact doesn't help your argument.

p.s Your comments were on CAGcast. If your vagina is still sore from the birth, sit on "the donut' while doing the cagcast.

I don't need to clarify how awesome AC/DC is, evar!

#35 ajm1240

ajm1240

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2008 - 05:32 PM

I think it's funny when Wombat gets indignent about silly stuff like the use of "Average" and not watching videos on his Xbox 360. Like it is somehow beneath him to do such a thing.

It really makes him sound like a bit of a d*ck at times, but somehow I think that may be the intent.

#36 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2008 - 05:44 PM

Oh Burnout Paradise is available for download on the PSN. It was on there almost a month ago, now NFL Head Coach has joined it for 2 full EA retail games on the network.

As someone else stated, Tales of Vesperia is from Namco/Bandai, not Square Enix. Here's a 360 JRPG game/developer list:

Blue Dragon- Mistwalker
Eternal Sonata- Namco Bandai
Lost Odyssey- Mistwalker
Tales of Vesperia- Namco Bandai
Infinite Undiscovery- Square Enix
The Last Remnant (coming in Nov.)- Square Enix
Star Ocean 4 (coming in Spring)- Square Enix

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#37 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2008 - 05:47 PM

As someone else stated, Tales of Vesperia is from Namco/Bandai, not Square Enix. Here's a 360 JRPG game/developer list:

\

did Cheapy say that or did I? because i knew that, so either i had a brain lapse or wasn't listening. Either is reasonable to have happened

#38 h3ro

h3ro

Posted 15 September 2008 - 05:53 PM

Oh Burnout Paradise is available for download on the PSN. It was on there almost a month ago, now NFL Head Coach has joined it for 2 full EA retail games on the network.

Burnout Paradise on PSN was announced last month. It's not up in the store yet, nor has any date been announced.

#39 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2008 - 06:10 PM

did Cheapy say that or did I? because i knew that, so either i had a brain lapse or wasn't listening. Either is reasonable to have happened

Cheapy said it. It was at the very beginning when he was talking about his Taiwanese friend.

Apparently I was wrong about Burnout, I apologize. I thought it was up there considering there had been a HUGE ad for it every time I opened the PSN store for the last month, until NFL Head Coach WAS PUT on the network just recently.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#40 bjkrautk

bjkrautk

Now with Added Sarcasm.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2008 - 06:22 PM

we were only referring to a major release of the size of a madden type game, anno 1701 doest come close, please nitpick on the foreplay thread not mine. Also AC/DC rock my socks off, so I doubly think you are wrong

Just to add another game to the list of Wal-Mart exclusives, Chibi Robo: Park Patrol (?) for the DS was only available at Wal-Mart. They even put the exclusivity on the packaging, IIRC.

Also, per the MediaCreate thread on NeoGAF, PS3 has outsold 360 by about 2.5:1 over the past month in Japan. (Not sure if that includes the Vesperia launch.)

#41 zenprime

zenprime

A cat is fine too

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2008 - 06:57 PM

Oh man Cheapy nailed it on Jeopardy. No Alex is a deal breaker for me. What's the point of a game show without it's signature host? Sure it's $15 but I'd rather grab Buzz for PS3 later and snag the cool wireless buzzers. At least Buzz really feels like a gameshow.

nyanya.gif

gallery_112191_5372_1370779853_8521.gif

#42 HotShotX

HotShotX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:00 PM

What happened to Wombat's voice near the end during the CAGBag? I think for about two of his comments, his voice sounds like it took a Helium hit before returning to normal for the rest of the cast.

~HotShotX
[chipinsig]dc7c442c9bf5c573[/chipinsig]

#43 Ghostcri

Ghostcri

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:13 PM

So I guess the Gamestop contest still isn't working....
http://ghostcri.blogspot.com/

Urban Exploration/Photography Blog.

#44 Cepasa221

Cepasa221

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:23 PM

Actually, the original location for Acclaim was Glen Cove, NY not Great Neck

Also... if you manage to find a copy of mortal kombat for sega genesis the publisher of that title ARENA was based out of Oyster Bay, NY

so Long Island has actually had a few game publishers but, now it has none.

I was just about to write that. Im from Glen Cove. I remember going to Acclaim for focus group testing when I was younger..
------------------------------------------------

Posted Image
http://www.notebooks....aspx?r=1365692

Posted Image

http://www.points2sh...p?ref=Cepasa221
<

#45 weevles

weevles

Posted 15 September 2008 - 08:05 PM

I disagree with Cheapy's assumption that bandwidth will get cheaper over time. He is using a consumer retail analogy that doesn't match the ISP business. With hardware and manufacturing, you have economies of scale to offset costs. To increase bandwidth, the only recourse is to install more and more equipment and infrastructure (which has no economy of scale per se because prices are determined by the network vendors who will not necessarily lower prices on stuff like routers, and the cost of labor to build larger and larger fiber networks will not decrease), and the more equipment you install, without any bandwidth management or restrictions, the usage simply matches whatever additional overhead is added. The law of diminishing returns then kicks in, so you end up spending more money on infrastructure just to maintain the same level of service.

What I see as really happening down the line is what Comcast is trying now...they are going to cap you and then start charging for tiers of service so you're going to pay more the more bandwidth you use.

#46 DQT

DQT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2008 - 08:13 PM

Woohoo! I got my first mention on the cagcast along with many others! Only took 80 episodes to do it. This was better than when I was mentioned as "somebody" by Ms. Shipwreck on cag foreplay.:)

Loved the new segment. Even though you guys are friends with the head honchos on the blogs, they need to be called out.

Wombat is right. The Penny Arcade should have said hi to Cheapy in person. You guys know each other, and unless you've forgotten, CAG did donate a chunk of change to Child's Play.

Finally, yes I can confirm Capcom's booth did sell 90 dollar art books at ComicCon last year. The only reason I bring this up is because they were also getting rid a lot of their old inventory (at cag worthy prices I might add), and I think it's funny that one of the biggest game companies in the world essentially had a garage sale at ComicCon. I remembered seeing one of the producers of Street Fighter HD remix manning the cash register at the booth.

#47 j.elles

j.elles

Gaming Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2008 - 08:38 PM

For various reasons I don't want to go into i'm not going to listen to the CAGCast anymore.

Suffice to say I don't think CheapyD is very entertaining with his comments and opinions anymore and I dont like listening to him anymore.

That being said I always like listening to Wombat and hope he keeps going the new show with Shipwreck.
"The future changes as we stand here, else we are the game pieces of the gods, not their heirs, as we have been promised."
"Tanis comes to me for advice, not because I am a seer. He comes because I am able to think, which is something most of these other fools seem incapable of doing."-Raistlin

#48 Clarke

Clarke

The Pretender

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2008 - 08:54 PM

Here's my entry for Wombats Bullshit Blog Contest.
http://www.cheapassg...ewpost&t=197249

I'm too lazy to spread it though.

Posted Image

#49 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2008 - 09:00 PM

Cheapy, from what I understand, this is why Captain Marvel = Superman (Wombat can correct me if I'm wrong):

Captain Marvel was originally a Marvel character that ripped off Superman. DC sued Marvel over this and won, and instead of letting the character fade into trivial obscurity they went ahead and adopted him, even keeping the name Captain MARVEL.

#50 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 15 September 2008 - 09:04 PM

*sets cyanide capsule to expire in five years*

Thanks for the heads up, Cheapy!

#51 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2008 - 09:14 PM

Cheapy, from what I understand, this is why Captain Marvel = Superman (Wombat can correct me if I'm wrong):

Captain Marvel was originally a Marvel character that ripped off Superman. DC sued Marvel over this and won, and instead of letting the character fade into trivial obscurity they went ahead and adopted him, even keeping the name Captain MARVEL.

Sort of, Capt Marvel was created by Fawcett comics (which is why Capt Marvel lives in Fawcett city) and was sued by DC for being Superman clone. DC eventually bought the rights to the character but can only use the name Capt Marvel when in the comics, outside of comics he is Shazam

#52 Clarke

Clarke

The Pretender

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2008 - 09:49 PM

Sort of, Capt Marvel was created by Fawcett comics (which is why Capt Marvel lives in Fawcett city) and was sued by DC for being Superman clone. DC eventually bought the rights to the character but can only use the name Capt Marvel when in the comics, outside of comics he is Shazam

Do you just read Superhero comics Wombat?

Posted Image

#53 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 15 September 2008 - 09:50 PM

Do you just read Superhero comics Wombat?

Oh, good question! Wombat, have you ever tried manga?

#54 SeanAmI

SeanAmI

No you cannot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2008 - 10:31 PM

Oh, good question! Wombat, have you ever tried manga?

Or anything outside just the standard DC and Marvel?
Robert Kirkman has a great super hero comic called Invincible going over at Image Comics and he also does an awesome zombie comic called The Walking Dead that I recommend checking out.

#55 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2008 - 10:47 PM

Or anything outside just the standard DC and Marvel?
Robert Kirkman has a great super hero comic called Invincible going over at Image Comics and he also does an awesome zombie comic called The Walking Dead that I recommend checking out.

I like invincible, but I am a Marvel/DC fanboy.

#56 SeanAmI

SeanAmI

No you cannot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2008 - 10:53 PM

:(
I think the Invincible is a more interesting version of superman and that the Invincible universe is a more interesting reimagining of the DC/Marvel universes.

#57 Clarke

Clarke

The Pretender

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2008 - 11:06 PM

Want me to send you some non super hero comics?

Posted Image

#58 Flubber1479

Flubber1479

Posted 16 September 2008 - 12:09 AM

Hey guys.
I have always listen to you since you made about your 3rd or 4th podcast. i stopped listening at about 125 because I am making my own podcast. I think you guys are the coolest and i was wondering if you could give a shout out for my Podcast. Its called Podinfuni7um. It would be helpful to me and we also need more subscribers. Please send me an e-mail at Flubber1479@netscape.net or message me on Xbox or PS3 at Flubber1479. I will be listening for a little bit but i am going to focus on my podcast for a while.

You Guys are the best. :D
Flubber1479

#59 CdnArmy33

CdnArmy33

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2008 - 12:41 AM

R. What with all the controversy surrounding Spore's DRM and the potential for irate customers to be looking towards piracy as a way to get past these restrictions, it can't be a good thing for the PC industry as a whole.

Totally thinking the same thing when I was listening to the podcast. I was a big PC gamer but got sick of all the bs with trying to get games to work, people hacking, etc. I have been looking to buy a gaming laptop, but i see that things have gotten a lot worse with PC games. Too bad...

As for cheapy giving up when he is 40.. well... i'm 35 as well and most people I know in "real life" into gaming are 30-50. Most of whom have grown up with video games and never gave them up. I can see Cheapy getting bored of the venture and wanting to try something new though. I'm sure there isn't too many bald white prostitutes in Japan! He could make a killing! Ever seen midnight cowboy? ;)

#60 Panther1484

Panther1484

Hail to Pitt!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2008 - 02:50 AM

Posted Image

*Sulks that Shazaam isn't Kazaam.*

Fatalating Shaq would make up for the scorned childhood I had playing Fuck. ;)