CAGcast #133: Steal This!

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#91 I Am ProZac

I Am ProZac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2008 - 06:02 PM

Wombat, I would like to congratulate you on your 'contest'. You've made your point, but unfortunately, none of them will learn from it. They all say CAG has lost it's credibility, as if Cheapy is responsible for what the users post (Quick, get the moderators on checking the validity of every post that goes up on CAG). Even so, all of the sites will still post rumors that go up from here in the future, so as to not miss out on "news" or posts. Hopefully this doesn't cause any permanent damage to Cheapy and Wombat's reputation in the gaming community. If it does, that's just sad on the other party's part.

I just check the number of views on that blog too. 17000. Seems like you guys are getting some bonus traffic out of it, and that's always good.
"It is not enough to succeed; Others must fail."

#92 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2008 - 11:38 PM

To everyone blowing up about how CAG's credibility for news has now gone out the window because of this experiment:

CAG is a video game deal site. Since when did it need credibility for news?

#93 naiku

naiku

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2008 - 12:26 AM

After reading a few of Crecente's posts about the fake x360 blog post on kotaku....I gotta say bravo CAG. Its such crap how often those mainstream blogs post about rumors which are based on nothing but "from this url".

Great episode and im sure there is a lot to talk about this sunday night...besides football. :X
Posted Image

#94 h3ro

h3ro

Posted 20 September 2008 - 12:39 AM

Kotakowned.

Great job exposing these "news" sites for what they are Cheapy, I hope you upgrade the person who posted that picture to an LE version of whatever game he/she wants!

#95 General Gweevus

General Gweevus

Posted 20 September 2008 - 03:39 AM

Good show this week, guys.

And like everyone else, I absolutely can't wait for the next one.

#96 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2008 - 06:05 AM

This week's podcast needs the word "Pure" in the title somewhere.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#97 tcolberg

tcolberg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2008 - 09:58 AM

Thanks for another great show guys! Cheapy, I hope you'll realize that plenty of gamers are middle-aged and that our group will be developing into an expansive demographic not limited by age. I hope than CAG will still be here ten years from now with Cheapy running the show, at least in the background pulling the strings.

Cheapness never gets old.

On another note, as for Viva Pinata, I like the concept of the game, but I stopped playing the first one because of a constant feeling of being overwhelmed. Just too many items to sell before they go bad, or bad pinatas, or fights/unwanted snacks. More dealing with annoyances rather than doing the things I wanted to do, like catching, romancing, or evolving. Maybe the co-op mode in the sequel would go a way toward helping deal with that drowning feeling that comes from the endless set of tasks.

#98 Darkpaul

Darkpaul

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2008 - 03:53 AM

Hey, maybe this is a question was asked (sorry, wasn't...payin attention): what is the song you used in the intro this episode? I liked it and want to find a copy of it.

#99 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2008 - 04:02 AM

It's always in the OP under the show notes.

#100 Darkpaul

Darkpaul

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2008 - 04:36 AM

oops. i'm blind. i see it now

#101 MaxDense

MaxDense

Enter Sandman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2008 - 03:41 PM

Cheapy, what kind of camera are you sporting? You said you had one that records directly to SD cards.

I'd like to know this as well.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#102 Jake Tower

Jake Tower

Posted 22 September 2008 - 01:58 AM

Sort of, Capt Marvel was created by Fawcett comics (which is why Capt Marvel lives in Fawcett city) and was sued by DC for being Superman clone. DC eventually bought the rights to the character but can only use the name Capt Marvel when in the comics, outside of comics he is Shazam

In the 1940s, Captain Marvel was actually more popular than Superman. As you note, DC sued Fawcett, and eventually obtained the rights to the character. Decades later, Marvel comics sued for the trademark rights to the name "Captain Marvel," and won (there is a Marvel Comics superhero called "Captain Marvel," though usually spelled "Mar-vell"). So, while the character is still Captain Marvel, no marketing material may use that name, so when Captain Marvel has had a solo comic published by DC the title has been some variation of "Shazam" (Power of Shazam, etc.).

On a tangental note, DC no longer owes the IP rights to "Superboy," so that name and basic character have been "ret-conned" out of the DC universe. Early adventures of Superman now make reference to "Young Superman."
Posted Image

#103 Sawboss

Sawboss

Posted 22 September 2008 - 03:00 AM

I just want to say I actually bought Link's Crossbow Training the day before I listened to the last CAG cast. I guess cheap minds think alike. I really have to say it is MUCH better without the zapper. If anyone is looking for a fun game to kill some time with on the wii, this is the best 3 bucks you can spend.