Rock Band: Beatles DLC on the Way!!! << NOT true! >>

Status
Not open for further replies.

XTommyDonX

CAGiversary!
Alright, sorry. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up anymore, of course it's not true. It was part of the contest and it's not going to work so just let the thread drop. Sorry about that, though it was pretty obvious that it was false (posted same day as Wombat's contest, Beatles as DLC before being on-disc).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jest']CAGCast rumor? :p[/quote]

No, I just got done listening to the episode and it's not part of that.

[quote name='javeryh']Any 12 songs will be an instant purchase for me.[/QUOTE]

I once tried to pick a favorite Beatles song, but this proved an impossible task.

While My Guitar Gently Weeps should be a no-brainer. I'm not sure though, since Clapton played the guitar.

I want to know how in the hell they can only pick 12 songs. I can easily think of 12 from their last 2 albums alone I would want.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mykevermin']That's one way to counter Guitar Hero snagging up all the rights to 'Tallica.[/QUOTE]

I hope GH counters the counter by getting some Harry Chapin up ins.

You people think I'm joking, but I am not.

[quote name='Strell']I once tried to pick a favorite Beatles song, but this proved an impossible task.[/QUOTE]

Rocky Raccoon FTW!

:D

shens? I can't find anything mentioning this on the interwebs and not even a mention on the Rock Band forums.

Would be sick though.

[quote name='mykevermin']That's one way to counter Guitar Hero snagging up all the rights to 'Tallica.[/QUOTE]

They're not even comparable.

Excellent. And I must say, now that all instruments from both games will be cross-compatible there are no losers in this licensing battle. I have zero problem buying another game if I don't have to re-buy all the instruments again, if it means I get some more music. :)

As for a vote for which songs I'd like to see? I agree that that's a very tough pick, but I'll say Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band for one that I'd like to see.

[quote name='XTommyDonX']Just saw the ad on MTV. It was pretty small, one of those that pop up on the bottom of the screen, which I can't believe due to the massive impact this will have on music-games. I know this won't be believable but this has also happened with the Rush DLC album where the news was advertised on MTV before the official announcement.

I can't believe that they are actually comming to Rock Band. I really felt that Guitar Hero would grab their license. All that the ad mentioned was "Beatles - 12 Pack Download Comming to the Rock Band Music Store". I'm sorry that I can't show proof for this but MTV was the channel that posted this ad they are a huge influence on Rock Band DLC.

What do you think these 12 songs would end up being? I'm pretty unsure of what songs they would pick but what would you prefer to see?[/quote]

Can anyone actually verify this? This is literally the only result on google that mentions anything like this.

Well this is unexpected, especially since the latest rumor in EGM was that Guitar Hero was going to be bringing the Beatles, and that licensing issues would keep it in limbo until 2010. Any actual confirmation on it coming to Rock Band, and my roommate is gonna cream his pants.

the most no-brain of all no-brainer purchases for me!!!

I've often thought of how fun it would be to play "The End" in Rock Band. Especially if they make an exception to the usual guitar/bass distinction and just let two players trade off those guitar mini-solos near the end. It's also the only Beatles song with a drum solo!

The "Love" album demonstrated that the master tracks have been preserved in amazing quality... aaahhh man this is gonna be great!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']CAGcast-inspired bullshit rumor?[/QUOTE]

Probably.

I still can't believe that Cheapy is basically running a contest that inspires people to shit up the forums with fake news stories.

[quote name='XTommyDonX']Just saw the ad on MTV. It was pretty small, one of those that pop up on the bottom of the screen[/quote]

Did it say Beatles, or did it just flash artwork? I've seen several Rock Band ads on VH1/VH1 Classic/MTV since the Who DLC, and I've seen the new ones for Rock Band 2, but I never saw anything that would have lead me to believe the Beatles were coming to Rock Band 2. The Beatles would be one of the hardest if not the hardest bands to secure rights to. Last I heard, both games were trying to get the Beatles (among others like Led Zep and Pink Floyd) but the people who own the rights are reluctant. And there is nothing official about the Beatles on the official Rock Band forums, where about 99% of Rock Band related annoucenments come from.

[quote name='Sporadic']I still can't believe that Cheapy is basically running a contest that inspires people to shit up the forums with fake news stories.[/QUOTE]

Is that why this is happening? I don't listen to the 'cast, so...

[quote name='Duckbutt']Did it say Beatles, or did it just flash artwork? I've seen several Rock Band ads on VH1/VH1 Classic/MTV since the Who DLC, and I've seen the new ones for Rock Band 2, but I never saw anything that would have lead me to believe the Beatles were coming to Rock Band 2. The Beatles would be one of the hardest if not the hardest bands to secure rights to. Last I heard, both games were trying to get the Beatles (among others like [highlight]Led Zep and Pink Floyd[/highlight]) but the people who own the rights are reluctant. And there is nothing official about the Beatles on the official Rock Band forums, where about 99% of Rock Band related annoucenments come from.[/QUOTE]

So the Beatles thing is clearly not true for now (though I'm sure as the EGM rumor page claims, they will show up somewhere somehow, eventually, in one of these games). My son was severely disappointed after reading that EGM rumor. He's 8 years old - 2010 is, like, a long way off for him ;). He listens to nothing but The Beatles and their solo stuff (so Band on the Run in GHWT has him excited at least) on his iPod. We went and saw Ringo in concert this summer even. Now is the time to strike for my family, in any case ;). By 2010 who knows what they'll be in to.

You know, just getting into these games myself for the first time besides the Beatles, obviously, the next 2 bands I thought of that are clearly missing are Pink Floyd and Led Zep... Comfortably Numb guitar solo... :drool:

Being a newbie to all of this, why are the latter two not part of it, at least? Especially with The Who stuff out there I'd expect these... Also, it seems like we ought to have more Stones tracks.

By the way, I edited the title a bit so as not to draw too many people in here thinking this was gonna happen.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']As far as why Led Zeppelin's yet to hop on board the RB/GH train, I posted a blog a while back that answered that question:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=451[/QUOTE]

You bastard! That link led me to a 2 hour YouTube/Wikipedia extravanganza about Led Zep, the Yardbirds, plagiarized songs, and various other things ;). (But thanks for the info - very interesting stuff there)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back