Photo
- - - - -

The Rock Band Thread - 10/26: Rock Band 3 Out Now With Free The Doors Pack In-Game!

• Please log in to reply
709 replies to this topic

#31 bigl523

bigl523

Will work for video games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2008 - 10:02 PM

How do the Rock Band drums work with Guitar Hero World Tour if GH:WT has 5 pads and a bass pedal and Rock Band only has 4 pads and a bass pedal?
Posted Image

#32 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2008 - 10:04 PM

It switches to a four note field instead of the normal five.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#33 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2008 - 04:10 AM

hmmm, anyone picking this up tomorrow?

#34 DarthPuma

DarthPuma

RAP GAME DENNIS LEARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2008 - 04:23 AM

I'm thinking about it. I just need to know which has the best instruments, this or guitar hero.

Got to play with the new instruments for a short time at walmart, and they are 10000x improved. I mainly play Guitar, and I'll say that I think I like the RB2 Guitar better than the GH3 Les Paul, and that's saying something. The drums seemed to have better rebound, were quieter, and the kick pedal seemed better.

#35 sportdan30

sportdan30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2008 - 04:33 AM

Picking it up at midnight, but probably won't play it until sometime in the morning.

#36 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2008 - 04:47 AM

they're having midnight launches? where at?

DarthPuma: The GHWT has better drums for sure, but the guitar boils down to personal preference. I prefer the rockband guitars because the buttons are better and they fixed the strum bar a bit.

The new sensor things on the guitars for ghwt don't do much for me and I still don't like the buttons

anyone know if there is a BB coupon laying around for games ;)? that would make it worth picking up at bb

#37 DarkKenpachi

DarkKenpachi

Nupe 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2008 - 04:58 AM

I am soo picking this up in a few hours. and yeah are there any BB coupons laying out there at the moment?
Blessed to be still standing after it all.

#38 DarthPuma

DarthPuma

RAP GAME DENNIS LEARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2008 - 05:09 AM

they're having midnight launches? where at?

DarthPuma: The GHWT has better drums for sure, but the guitar boils down to personal preference. I prefer the rockband guitars because the buttons are better and they fixed the strum bar a bit.

The new sensor things on the guitars for ghwt don't do much for me and I still don't like the buttons

anyone know if there is a BB coupon laying around for games ;)? that would make it worth picking up at bb

Has there been any hands on that says the gh drums are better? RB has those cymbal add ons and you wouldn't have to get used to a new layout.

Yeah, the strum bar is a zillion times better. It's like the les paul but silent. The buttons don't suck either. I had no problems with h/o's and p/o's in the Panic At the Disco song I got stuck playing at walmart.

#39 DefinedByClass13

DefinedByClass13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2008 - 08:16 AM

How much will the cymbal add ons cost?

#40 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2008 - 09:16 AM

Has there been any hands on that says the gh drums are better? RB has those cymbal add ons and you wouldn't have to get used to a new layout.

Yeah, the strum bar is a zillion times better. It's like the les paul but silent. The buttons don't suck either. I had no problems with h/o's and p/o's in the Panic At the Disco song I got stuck playing at walmart.

yeah, I had a chance to try out the GHWT drums. They're much better. The top of the drumheads are padded w/ thick silicone making them very bouncy and silent. HOWEVER, the cymbals are still sort of hard so they will make similar sounds to the rock band kit.

The layout seemed fine and I had no problem w/ it.
cost wise it just doesn't seem effective for me to get the GHWT drums considering I only need 1 more guitar and I really don't care much for GHWT the game.

#41 bigl523

bigl523

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2008 - 12:03 PM

Well I put in a pre-order at best buy yesterday as I had about $14 in gift cards and I think they were they only people giving away something with the pre-order (hooray another XL shirt that won't fit me :roll:). Gotta get through as many songs as I can before football starts up tommorow...

On a side note BB had a GH:Aerosmith setup and I played it for a bit. I honestly hate the Les Paul controller. It's smaller and maybe this was just at this BB but the buttons required some finger strength to press down. I play real guitar and feel I have ample finger strength but this thing was on the verge of obnoxious.
Posted Image

#42 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2008 - 02:23 PM

I have a weird question when someone has it. Guitar Hero 3 on ps3 wouldn't run in anything besides 720p. I'm sure this actually runs or can run in 1080p right? I thought about getting rock band 2, and getting rock band later on.

deadpool_signature_by_hsalpihw-d38xyht.p

#43 bigl523

bigl523

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2008 - 02:29 PM

Rock Band 1 was at 720p...I'll report back after I snag my copy of 2 in half an hour. You may as well just rent rock band 1 if your planning on getting 2, as for $5 off of the psn you can export the rock band 1 songs onto your hdd.
Posted Image

#44 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2008 - 02:32 PM

Rock Band 1 was at 720p...I'll report back after I snag my copy of 2 in half an hour. You may as well just rent rock band 1 if your planning on getting 2, as for $5 off of the psn you can export the rock band 1 songs onto your hdd.

Thats what I was thinking. The only bad part is all the rental stores near me don't have it,but they have the 360 version... lol

#45 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 19 October 2008 - 03:17 PM

Thats what I was thinking. The only bad part is all the rental stores near me don't have it,but they have the 360 version... lol

RB1 only went up to 720p. However, it doesn't utilize the entire screen (has some black boarders). It definitely looks better than GH3.
Posted Image

#46 bigl523

bigl523

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2008 - 04:05 PM

720p and yes mana knight is right it's sub 720p so i have to turn on overscan to get it to fill my 1080p
Posted Image

#47 Lint21

Lint21

Probably Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2008 - 04:36 PM

RB2 is in stores today, right? Anyone get a copy yet?

#48 x3x1x

x3x1x

So fresh and so clean

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2008 - 05:17 PM

picking up my copy later today, don't know how much time I'll have to play tho

#49 DarthPuma

DarthPuma

RAP GAME DENNIS LEARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2008 - 05:27 PM

I'm still just trying to decide which kit I want to get. The smart thing to do is wait till next week, but I want the game bad!

I don't really care about the World Tour game, but the instruments look nice. This is a tough choice!

#50 StrandedBrit

StrandedBrit

Invaders Must Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2008 - 05:31 PM

My copy shipped from Amazon on Friday. Should have it before the end of this week coming.

With Socom, RockBand 2, Bioshock coming out of my bank these last few days I'm now poor.
Posted Image

#51 bigl523

bigl523

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2008 - 06:27 PM

I just got the merch chick. The songs are so much better in Rock Band 2 than they were in 1.
Posted Image

#52 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2008 - 06:31 PM

I just got the merch chick. The songs are so much better in Rock Band 2 than they were in 1.

Does it run in 1080i or 1080p compared to rock band? I'm thinking of ordering it from CC today. I have 30 dollars of gift cards I need to use, and rb2 is 49.99

#53 bigl523

bigl523

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2008 - 07:11 PM

As I stated previously, it runs in 720p.
Posted Image

#54 DefinedByClass13

DefinedByClass13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2008 - 09:17 PM

How much will the cymbal add ons cost?

Nevermind; $19.99-39.99.

#55 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2008 - 09:59 PM

hmm got mine today, string of random dongles is not the most elegant solution for wireless. I've noticed the drums acting up a bit. anyone else?

also the sync camera doesn't work very well.

#56 QiG

QiG

I'm all out of gum..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2008 - 10:42 PM

Got my game only copy that I'll be using with RB1 drums and GH3 guitar once my fiance gets home from a work meeting tonight. By the way.. if anyone has an extra copy of Rock Band 1 laying around, and would be willing to let me borrow it PM me. I'll pay for shipping and think of something nice (PSN game?) in exchange.
Posted Image

#57 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:23 PM

Anyone know if the RB1 unlock key is gameshareable?

#58 DarthPuma

DarthPuma

RAP GAME DENNIS LEARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:38 PM

I don't think so metaly.

So how does rock band handle the world tour drums?

#59 MasterSun1

MasterSun1

Already Guilty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2008 - 12:09 AM

I don't think so metaly.

So how does rock band handle the world tour drums?

World Tour isn't out yet.

#60 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2008 - 12:46 AM

uh, these new drums are staring to piss me off a bit.

they're hitting random buttons for no apparent reason even when i'm not pressing anything.
I put it on pause to go get a drink. when after a couple of seconds it kicked itself out of pause.

anyone else getting these problems?

well looks like this problem has hit a few other people on harmonix's board. man for this price I don't want to have to deal with this crap. Going to return this game to BB right now.

returned the game. In case people were curious about what I'm talking about

Edited by Zoglog, 20 October 2008 - 01:43 AM.