Photo
- - - - -

The Rock Band Thread - 10/26: Rock Band 3 Out Now With Free The Doors Pack In-Game!

• Please log in to reply
709 replies to this topic

#631 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:29 AM

I would love to hear what in their contracts keeps the keyboard bundle from happening here.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#632 antiflag22skate

antiflag22skate

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:03 PM

anyone got one i could have i bought my copy and its saying the code was used

#633 200STM

200STM

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:12 PM

Video games!!!

#634 Z-Saber

Z-Saber

No longer a CAG regular

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:38 PM

Keyboardkeyboardkeyboardkeyboardkeyboardkeyboard

#635 FroMann

FroMann

Follow FroMann!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:19 PM

Well now that Gran Turismo 5 is delayed I will pick up Rock Band 3 on launch day instead, and look what was announced today by Harmonix!

Get Three Free DLC Songs From The Doors! Plus a Nine-Pack of Hits

Excited that The Doors are on the Rock Band 3 setlist with "Break On Through"? We are too! So excited, in fact, that we're giving anyone that buys Rock Band 3 during its release week THREE MORE free Doors songs! Check out the in-game Rock Band Music Store in Rock Band 3 to get the tracks.

A threec-pack of songs featuring "Light My Fire," "Riders on the Storm," and "Touch Me" will be available Oct. 26 - Nov. 1 only. All three songs will contain Pro Guitar and Pro Bass parts, as well as Keys, Pro Keys, Pro Drums, and standard Rock Band instrument parts. These songs will also be available for Wii as free single downloads, which includes Drums, Pro Drums, Keys, Pro Keys and five-button guitar and bass, as well as free downloads of an expansion that will add Pro Guitar and Pro Bass parts. These songs, like all Rock Band 3 downloadable content, feature five-button guitar and bass, Drums, Pro Drums and Keys, Pro Keys and harmonies where applicable, and are the first pieces of downloadable content authored to also include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass!

To get the three free songs, buy Rock Band 3 during the release week, play online, and grab the tracks from the in-game Rock Band Music Store before November 2nd.

Additionally, a nine-pack of songs from The Doors will also be available for download that week. This includes some of the classic rockers' most-loved songs, like "Hello, I Love You," "L.A. Woman," "Love Her Madly" and "Roadhouse Blues," all featuring Drums, Pro Drums, five-button guitar and bass parts and, where applicable, harmonies and Keys/Pro Keys parts. A complete list of the songs that will be available follows:

"Light My Fire" (Free from Oct. 26 – Nov. 1 in game, features Pro Guitar and Pro Bass)
"Riders on the Storm" (Free from Oct. 26 – Nov. 1 in game, features Pro Guitar and Pro Bass)
"Touch Me" (Free from Oct. 26 – Nov. 1 in game, features Pro Guitar and Pro Bass)
"Hello, I Love You"
"L.A. Woman"
"Love Her Madly"
"Love Me Two Times"
"Peace Frog"
"People Are Strange"
"Roadhouse Blues"
"Soul Kitchen"
"The Crystal Ship"
Beginning Nov. 2, The Door's Rock Band downloads will be available for purchase only as individual songs or in a bundle of all 12 songs.

Instructions to download the tracks for each console are below.

Xbox & PlayStation3 Instructions:

Step 1: Buy Rock Band 3!
Step 2: Insert Rock Band 3 into your console and power on your console
Step 3: On the Main Menu screen of Rock Band 3, select GET MORE SONGS
Step 4: Select ROCK BAND MUSIC STORE
Step 5: Sort through the Rock Band Music Library and select the pack labeled The Doors RB3 Free Launch Pack and select PURCHASE.
Step 6: On the next screen that pops up, select CONFIRM PURCHASE.
Wii Instructions:

Step 1: Buy Rock Band 3!
Step 2: Insert Rock Band 3 into your console and power on your console
Step 3: On the Main Menu screen of Rock Band 3, select GET MORE SONGS
Step 4: Select ROCK BAND MUSIC STORE
Step 5: Sort through the Rock Band music library and select each of Free tracks "Light My Fire," "Riders of the Storm" and "Touch Me" and select PURCHASE.
Step 6: On the next screen that pops up, select CONFIRM PURCHASE.
You will need to repeat Steps 5 & 6 for each of the 3 songs as well as each of the 3 Pro add-ons

http://www.rockband..../free-doors-dlc

In case your too lazy to read. Harmonix will be giving out 3 songs from The Doors for free if you buy Rock Band 3 on the first week. I am even more excited now for this games release since The Doors is one of my favorite bands from the 60s.

#636 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2010 - 04:05 AM

Here are some updates on news about Rock Band 3 that hasn't been posted here yet.

http://www.joystiq.c...0-song-setlist/

Harmonix has released a Music Finder widget that lets you sort through the huge RB library of songs in your browser, though it needs a platform option.

http://www.joystiq.c...-drums-pro-gui/

Rock Band 3 DLC will continue to be $1.99 and include Pro Keyboards and Drums, though you will have to pay an extra $0.99 for Pro Guitar that will be offered when Harmonix thinks the songs deserve it. This DLC is still exclusive to RB3, though they're working on upgrading some older songs with RB3 features:

There are plans to retrofit earlier DLC with Pro tracks, however DeGooyer was unable to clarify how the process would work. Apparently, the studio is having trouble making a system that "recognizes people who have already purchased" DLC in order to "be able to supply the updated file at a discount."

http://www.joystiq.c...ock-band-3-dlc/

A Bon Jovi Greatest Hits Collection will be coming to RB3 as DLC soon after the launch, which Harmonix hints at having 12 songs from the CD release. Here's the list of all of the songs on the two CD set for you to see what's possibly coming to RB3.

#637 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:32 AM

Billy Joel DLC announced for RB3:

Billy Joel has won six Grammy® Awards since his first hit in 1973. He has sold more than 100 million records worldwide, is a member of the Songwriters’ Hall of Fame and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and beginning Dec. 14, some of Billy Joel’s most-loved songs including:

“Big Shot”
“Captain Jack”
“It’s Still Rock N Roll to Me”
“Movin’ Out”
“Only The Good Die Young”
“Piano Man”
“Pressure”
“Say Goodbye to Hollywood”
“The Entertainer”
“The Stranger”

will be available as Rock Band 3 downloadable content and will include Keys and Pro Keys parts.

#638 D_Icon

D_Icon

'D'_ott_Elitist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2010 - 01:26 PM

Hey thanks for the updates Frisky.

#639 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:08 AM

http://www.joystiq.c...e-album-as-dlc/

John Lennon's Imagine album is coming to RB3 later this year. It should include every songs minus Imagine, which is on the disc. They mention in the press release that they're releasing it to celebrate what would've been his 70th birthday, so December 7 may be the release date for the album.

#640 saintjerry

saintjerry

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:34 AM

Not bad, thnx.

#641 200STM

200STM

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:09 PM

How much is the export fee for rockband2 (RB2->RB3) and also is there a code we need to use?

#642 FroMann

FroMann

Follow FroMann!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:10 PM

How much is the export fee for rockband2 (RB2->RB3) and also is there a code we need to use?

$10 for the export, You are supposed to use a code on the back of your Rock Band 2 manual that was used for the free 20 track pack and enter the code on a website that gives you a code to use on the PlayStation store I am guessing, however the export is not available yet for Rock Band 3 owners on PlayStation 3. There should be more details on rockband.com when the site is finished updating. Also these songs will not be appearing on Rock Band 3.

AC/DC - "Let There Be Rock" (can still be played from the AC/DC live track pack which can be exported to your hard drive)
Journey - "Any Way You Want It"
Metallica - "Battery"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Give It Away"
Soundgarden - "Spoonman"

Some bands from Harmonix (Bang Camaro for example) will also have their songs missing from the Rock Band 2 export but Harmonix will later provide a free track pack for those songs to use in Rock Band 3. These will also not be playable in Rock Band 3, even if they are already on your hard drive.

Soundgarden - "Black Hole Sun"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Dani California"

Spoiler

#643 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:25 PM

Not going to miss any of those, except for Journey. Spoonman came up so often in mystery setlists that I'm completely sick of it. It was like the In Bloom of Rock Band 2.

#644 technom22

technom22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:38 PM

Not going to miss any of those, except for Journey. Spoonman came up so often in mystery setlists that I'm completely sick of it. It was like the In Bloom of Rock Band 2.

Yeah. True.

#645 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:34 PM

Damnit, that Silversun Pickups song isn't excluded - I always ended up getting that one in the random playlists.

#646 jonlubbe

jonlubbe

...For Great Justice!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:05 AM

I Love that there is already a 1.01 patch today for rb3.

#647 FroMann

FroMann

Follow FroMann!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:45 AM

Okay here is how you export Rock Band 2 songs onto Rock Band 3, straight from rockband.com

Exporting Songs from Rock Band 2 (PlayStation®3)*:

• Visit www.rockband.com/ps3-export
  • Enter the code from the back of your Rock Band 2 manual where prompted. (Note: This will be the same code that you used to get the “Bonus Downloadable Tracks,” but the web address is different.
  • Copy down the code given to you from the website for use in Rock Band 3.
  • Load up Rock Band 3.
  • Select “Get More Songs” from the Main Menu of Rock Band 3.
  • Select “Redeem Code.”
  • Enter the code that you received from the website.

Please note that the following songs from the original Rock Band cannot be exported into any other titles:
  • "Enter Sandman" by Metallica
  • "Paranoid" as made famous by Black Sabbath
  • "Run to the Hills" as made famous by Iron Maiden
  • "Monsoon" by Tokio Hotel (from the European version of Rock Band)
  • *Please also note that the following songs from the original Rock Band cannot be exported into Rock Band 3:
  • "Black Hole Sun" by Soundgarden
  • "Dani California" by Red Hot Chili Peppers
  • "Hier Kommt Alex" by Die Toten Hosen (from the European version of Rock Band)
  • "Rock 'n' Roll Star" by Oasis (from the European version of Rock Band)

http://www.rockband....ortrockband2ps3

Some games get a patch on release day so owners that got the game early cannot play online before the launch date, Tekken 6 did the same thing. I may be wrong though. I have no idea what the patch did but thats a guess.

#648 kennistond

kennistond

I'm so LOST

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:57 AM

s

#649 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:14 AM

It shouldn't be a surprise that any game has a launch day patch since many of them do.

I'm liking the overhaul of the career mode that presents them like a mix between the challenges from RB2 and the achievement progress page that Beatles and Green Day had. The challenges for playing all songs on easy and getting 5 stars also lets you earn credit by beating them on higher difficulties with at least 3 stars.

I got the keyboard with RB3 at BB since they gave a $15 gift card with it and it's really well made and fun to play with the few songs I've played so far. I'm not that good yet, though I don't know how long I'll stick with the normal difficulties before trying out the Pro Keys since that seems like a more rewarding way to play compared to the five keys that the normal mode uses.

Edit: I wonder if the Soundgarden deal for Guitar Hero: WoR is the cause of the lack of Soundgarden importing into RB3 like GH Metallica is for the removal of on disc Metallica songs.

#650 FroMann

FroMann

Follow FroMann!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:12 AM

Edit: I wonder if the Soundgarden deal for Guitar Hero: WoR is the cause of the lack of Soundgarden importing into RB3 like GH Metallica is for the removal of on disc Metallica songs.

Unfortunately it probably is because of Guitar Hero. Its a damn shame too since I love Soundgarden but hate Guitar Hero after Nerversoft and Activision pounded the series to death. Rock Band still has the best exclusives, DLC, and support in my own opinion. Especially with the upcoming The Doors DLC.

#651 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:19 AM

Is it just the one pro guitar from madcatz that is coming out next month or is their another brand that is coming out? I would have thought it would have came out the same day as RB3. I really only want this game for that. Up till now I never gave a damn about a GH/RB game. I have GH2 only because it was in a buy 2 get one free deal and I ended up getting it for free as the store had nothing else I wanted.
Posted Image

#652 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:19 PM

I'm really digging the pro mode concept on the Keyboards. Do i understand correctly that all i need to do to play Pro-Drums is upgrade the cymbols on my RB2 kit?
Spoiler

#653 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:50 PM

Is the RB2 export page not there for any of you? Shame that it's fucked up.

Also, can anyone explain to me what RBN songs we're missing that the 360 has (and perhaps why)?
Posted Image

#654 200STM

200STM

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:09 PM

Awesome my friend wants to get the keyboard for RB3 and me and him might put half and half for RB3. I mainly look forward to playing One Armed Scissor from At The Drive-In how is the keyboards on that track CAGs? I'm hoping they work on the older DLC to bring in the keyboards on those tracks as well.

#655 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:21 AM

Also, can anyone explain to me what RBN songs we're missing that the 360 has (and perhaps why)?

I believe the explanation is that they couldn't get it running with the way the Playstation Store is set up. So instead we get tracks 30 days later and only select ones (which I'm guessing is based on sales of the 360 versions)

http://en.wikipedia....d_Network_songs

There's a chart of which songs are on 360 but not ps3/wii

#656 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:32 AM

Thanks for the explanation, even if it's kinda of a lame cop-out. There's a TON of content that's not available on PS3. Fuck.

I didn't know Skeletonwitch was available, so I'll pick that up.

I'm very disappointed the 500 Miles to Memphis song isn't available, as those guys are good friends of friends of mine. I'd love to support their efforts.
Posted Image

#657 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:34 AM

Thanks for the explanation, even if it's kinda of a lame cop-out. There's a TON of content that's not available on PS3. Fuck.

I didn't know Skeletonwitch was available, so I'll pick that up.

I'm very disappointed the 500 Miles to Memphis song isn't available, as those guys are good friends of friends of mine. I'd love to support their efforts.

We get 5 RBN songs/week. The limit doesn't make sense to me, as plenty more regular RB songs get released most weeks, but whatever. Also, the export should be working now.

Edited by pete5883, 28 October 2010 - 04:36 AM.

#658 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:41 AM

Heh, the last 4 letters in my RB2 export code were 'KTHX.'

With that in mind, KTHX for letting me know it's working now.
Posted Image

#659 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:39 AM

RBN is based on XNA and the deal they signed with MS prevents them from releasing any songs elsewhere for 30 days, so they just release the best-selling songs on PSN in packs of five every week.

#660 Bug42

Bug42

Do You Have a Towel?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:50 AM

anyone have an extra Gamestop code? I would love to have the New Order song.
Shot me a DM

Thanks!