Incoming patch, its finally going to fix the keyboard sound glitch.
Harmonix has been hard at work on a major title update for Rock Band 3 -- today, we finally get a look at the fruits of the studio's labor. The update -- which is live now on Xbox 360, and is expected to drop on PS3 within the next 24 hours -- addresses a diverse load of problems; for instance, pausing the game too many times while playing a song disables scoring, which prevents players from using the pause-rewind feature to artificially boost their scores. Also, that Stage Kit you dropped a Benjamin on a few years back? The game now supports it in a limited capacity.
Our personal favorite patch is one that fixes a crash that cropped up whenever the player chose a "particular eyebrow asset," which, henceforth shall be known as the "eyebrow of death." Sadly, that power has been extinguished by the update, and now rests solely in the forehead of Mr. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. Check out the full list of updates after the jump!
- The audio distortion (also referred to as a buzz, hiss, or squawk) that some PS3 Keyboard players experienced has been addressed.
- For users experiencing trouble deploying Vocal Overdrive in certain audio setups, OD can now be deployed using the Back button on the controller. NOTE: this only works while in a valid Overdrive deploy section.
- Overdrive can now be deployed using a Pedal with both the Mustang Pro Guitar and the Keyboard peripherals.
- Scoring is disabled after a song has been paused multiple times (this prevent players from artificially inflating scores using the pause function).
- The translucency of the track surface has been adjusted to make note gems are easier to see against the venue backgrounds.
- Based on fan feedback, limited functionality for the Stage kit has been added to Rock Band 3. Please note that this 3rd-party peripheral is no longer officially supported, so we cannot guarantee full functionality with every file format (RB3, Pro-DLC), but basic functions should be reenabled.
- PS3 Voice Chat not properly working with headsets has been remedied.
- Audio no longer distorts for remote players when whammying sustains in an online session.
- To prevent blank tracks from appearing in online multiplayer, all members in an online multiplayer band must own the Pro upgrades to play a song with DLC pro upgrades.
MUSIC LIBRARY AND STORE CHANGES
PRACTICE MODE CHANGES
- Pro Guitar songs now sort themselves into the correct difficulty tiers.
- Pro upgrade availability will now be more accurately reflected in the Music Store.
- The following songs are now correctly appearing in the Music Library.
Anvil - 666
Anvil - Metal on Metal
Anvil - This is Thirteen
Dinosaur Jr - Pick Me Up
Dinosaur Jr - The Wagon
Guess Who, The - Hand Me Down World
Guess Who, The - No Time
Tenacious D - Rock Your Socks
Avenged Sevenfold – Afterlife
- An issue that prevented holding sustain notes on keys in the trainers has been addressed
- Breakneck Speed now works in Practice Mode.
- Fixed a Character Creator crash related to a particular eyebrow asset or the generation of a random character.
- Fixed assorted minor crashes, as well as minor scoring and text bugs.