Photo
- - - - -

The Rock Band Thread - 10/26: Rock Band 3 Out Now With Free The Doors Pack In-Game!

• Please log in to reply
709 replies to this topic

#691 surak

surak

Pickle Inspector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2010 - 05:32 AM

Ahh. Harmonix got it working then. Exporting now. Earlier when a code was submitted it gave PS3 owners a voucher for Lego Rock Band instead, so Harmonix took down the export site and repair it saying wait till Nov 1st.

Also this is a caution to everyone playing Keyboard on RB3 on PS3. There is a major audio glitch right now caused by players playing Keyboard on Rock Band, the glitch has been known to blow speakers and make your ears bleed.

Here is the official support forum on the Rock Band Forums, a developer from Haromnix says they are working on a fix for it.

http://www.rockband....3-(video-inside)

and a video of the glitch itself. (WARNING EAR RAPE AHEAD.)

I played a keys part for the first time tonight, with the RB1 guitar. First song in and the screech happens. Talk about annoying.

Also annoying: needing to strum using the guitar to play a keyboard part???
Backlog (gradually transitioning over to CAG)

#692 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:08 PM

I think I've already heard this isn't possible but just wanted to double check: Can you gameshare the RB2 export?

#693 Dr. Strangepork

Dr. Strangepork

Yo, check the fresh flava

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2010 - 04:33 PM

I think I've already heard this isn't possible but just wanted to double check: Can you gameshare the RB2 export?

Anyone figure this out yet? I presume yes, you can share it, but wanted to confirm too.
Posted Image

#694 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2010 - 06:28 PM

there was a copy of the RB2 Export on my RB Share group, and one of the users said it worked for him, so I'm assuming that's a "yes".
Spoiler

#695 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2011 - 12:17 AM

There will be a free DLC pack coming next week with songs from a number of the Harmonix in-house bands along with a Johnny Cash pack:

Johnny Cash Pack 01
  • “Cry, Cry, Cry”
  • “Don’t Take Your Guns to Town”
  • “Five Feet High and Rising”
  • “Folsom Prison Blues”
  • “I Got Stripes”
  • “I Walk the Line” X
  • “Tennessee Flat Top Box” X
  • “The Ballad of Ira Hayes”
Available on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system (Jan. 4):
Rock Band Free Pack 01

• Abnormality – “Visions”
  • Anarchy Club – “Get Clean”
  • Bang Camaro – “Night Lies”
  • Breaking Wheel – “Shoulder to the Plow”
  • Libyans – “Welcome to the Neighborhood”
  • The Main Drag – “A Jagged Gorgeous Winter”
  • Speck – “Conventional Lover”
  • The Sterns – “Supreme Girl”
  • That Handsome Devil – “Rob the Prez-O-Dent”

#696 bmulligan

bmulligan

I am a free man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:10 AM

I still have not seen the MIDI adapter for sale anywhere. Does anyone have it already? I'd like to know the size of the MIDI plug - Is it a standard MIDI port, or is it the mini MIDI port?

The Neo-Communist Manifesto: "In your mind freedom is an end in and of itself. In my mind freedom is a means of improving society and giving people a better life. Those ideas result in very different methods of running society. " - alonzomourning23

bmulligan.png<------GOOZEX ?    Goozex is dead.

#697 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:58 AM

What do the fat notes mean when you're playing guitar? They look like a big rock ending except in the middle of a song and only on a few notes at a time.

#698 FroMann

FroMann

Follow FroMann!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:23 AM

What do the fat notes mean when you're playing guitar? They look like a big rock ending except in the middle of a song and only on a few notes at a time.

Just hit the highlighted lanes as fast as possible. They make the game a bit easier.

#699 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:54 PM

http://www.joystiq.c...age-in-february

Rock Band Network is evolving to be to add in Rock Band 3's features, so Rock Band 1/2 people will be getting the last of their DLC in the next few weeks. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Harmonix is going to extend the tools so that we get more than five songs a week.

Edited by FriskyTanuki, 17 January 2011 - 11:06 PM.

#700 FroMann

FroMann

Follow FroMann!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:09 AM

Rock Band Network 2? Will these mean possibly that RBN developers may be able to add Pro charts or Harmonies?

#701 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:47 AM

That would be the only reason to require RB3 for RBN 2.0. Should have keyboards, harmonies, pro drums, and maybe even pro guitar/bass.

#702 SoulEdgeVII

SoulEdgeVII

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:44 AM

Quick hardware question...do the new Rock Band 3 Pro-Cymbals work if you use them while playing Rock Band 2? Will they register like the Rock Band 2 Cymbals (i.e., just mirror the same color note as the drum pad)?

#703 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:41 PM

LONDON CALLING!!! :: DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN::

http://www.joystiq.c...-this-february/

#704 FroMann

FroMann

Follow FroMann!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:56 AM

Incoming patch, its finally going to fix the keyboard sound glitch.

Harmonix has been hard at work on a major title update for Rock Band 3 -- today, we finally get a look at the fruits of the studio's labor. The update -- which is live now on Xbox 360, and is expected to drop on PS3 within the next 24 hours -- addresses a diverse load of problems; for instance, pausing the game too many times while playing a song disables scoring, which prevents players from using the pause-rewind feature to artificially boost their scores. Also, that Stage Kit you dropped a Benjamin on a few years back? The game now supports it in a limited capacity.

Our personal favorite patch is one that fixes a crash that cropped up whenever the player chose a "particular eyebrow asset," which, henceforth shall be known as the "eyebrow of death." Sadly, that power has been extinguished by the update, and now rests solely in the forehead of Mr. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. Check out the full list of updates after the jump!

GAMEPLAY CHANGES

• The audio distortion (also referred to as a buzz, hiss, or squawk) that some PS3 Keyboard players experienced has been addressed.
  • For users experiencing trouble deploying Vocal Overdrive in certain audio setups, OD can now be deployed using the Back button on the controller. NOTE: this only works while in a valid Overdrive deploy section.
  • Overdrive can now be deployed using a Pedal with both the Mustang Pro Guitar and the Keyboard peripherals.
  • Scoring is disabled after a song has been paused multiple times (this prevent players from artificially inflating scores using the pause function).
  • The translucency of the track surface has been adjusted to make note gems are easier to see against the venue backgrounds.
  • Based on fan feedback, limited functionality for the Stage kit has been added to Rock Band 3. Please note that this 3rd-party peripheral is no longer officially supported, so we cannot guarantee full functionality with every file format (RB3, Pro-DLC), but basic functions should be reenabled.

ONLINE CHANGES

• PS3 Voice Chat not properly working with headsets has been remedied.
  • Audio no longer distorts for remote players when whammying sustains in an online session.
  • To prevent blank tracks from appearing in online multiplayer, all members in an online multiplayer band must own the Pro upgrades to play a song with DLC pro upgrades.

MUSIC LIBRARY AND STORE CHANGES

• Pro Guitar songs now sort themselves into the correct difficulty tiers.
  • Pro upgrade availability will now be more accurately reflected in the Music Store.
  • The following songs are now correctly appearing in the Music Library.
    Anvil - 666
    Anvil - Metal on Metal
    Anvil - This is Thirteen
    Dinosaur Jr - Pick Me Up
    Dinosaur Jr - The Wagon
    Guess Who, The - Hand Me Down World
    Guess Who, The - No Time
    Tenacious D - Rock Your Socks
    Avenged Sevenfold – Afterlife
PRACTICE MODE CHANGES

• An issue that prevented holding sustain notes on keys in the trainers has been addressed
  • Breakneck Speed now works in Practice Mode.
CRASH FIXES

• Fixed a Character Creator crash related to a particular eyebrow asset or the generation of a random character.
  • Fixed assorted minor crashes, as well as minor scoring and text bugs.

http://www.joystiq.c...3-title-update/

#705 D_Icon

D_Icon

'D'_ott_Elitist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:47 PM

Are PS3 users still under a 2-day delay when it comes to new DLC? I gotta play some Stevie Nicks.

#706 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:57 PM

http://twitter.com/#...623861178728448

Insomniac's (Pin)ballz song from their old recruitment video is coming to Rock Band Network 2.0 next week. It will be $0.99 and all proceeds are going to Child's Play.

Original:

Rock Band version:

#707 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2011 - 04:22 PM

Are many folks in here still playing RB3 a bit? I just recently got it + keyboard, and I'd like to have some more PS3 folks to compare with / possibly play online.

I am El_Gray on PSN.

Just bought James Brown's "Superbad" (!!!) and "Make Some Noise" off the new Beasties album. Quite excited by both!

#708 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:29 AM

Hate to bump an old thread, but I just found a RB2 Bundle on Craigslist last night for $50. Hoping the code works. Just curious to know if I can import the songs from RB2 (onto my HDD) if I buy RB3...

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#709 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:55 PM

You should if the code works.

#710 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

So...anyone have a copy of RB3 they no longer want? I cannot find this game game anywhere online for a reasonable price, new or used.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png