Photo
- - - - -

*RUMOR* Pre-order Beyond Good and Evil (PS2) for $10 @ Gamestop [Rumors Are Not Dels]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

#31 MentorTormentor

MentorTormentor

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2008 - 03:28 PM

This isn't happening, folks. Pick up a used copy for five bucks.

#32 daroga

daroga

swimming with nanocarp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2008 - 04:07 PM

Or you could look at it as a Zelda that actually has voices, dialog, development, plot pacing, non-midi music, and emotional involvement. There is actual motivation to get things done.

You could, but I don't think that would be accurate. That statement wasn't meant to be a defense of what Zelda is, but simply starting that BG&E was a pretty generic story on an already-seen-that gameplay formula.

Like I said, it's not that it's bad. But it's not really that great either.

Posted Image

#33 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2008 - 04:10 PM

It's a really good game, but I think the constant comparisons to Zelda throw people for a loop when they actually play it. It has more in common with Pokemon Snap than Zelda.

#34 charlescheese

charlescheese

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2008 - 04:26 PM

I'm playing this on the Xbox right now, and I think it's a great game. I'm about 4 hours into it, and the further I get into it the more I'm loving it. It has some great platforming elements, fun combat, and some surprisingly great stealth play to it. I really think this game is top of the line.

I'm enjoying this a ton more than I did Twilight Princess on Wii. The platforming in this game, coupled with the computer coop stuff puts it in a different category than Zelda, IMO. To the guy that only played the first 30 minutes, you need to give it more time than that. I thought the first hour was slow, but after the factory level, I was totally hooked. It definitely deserves all the praise it gets. :shame:

#35 gamer602

gamer602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2008 - 04:31 PM

THIS IS NOT A RUMOUR...I've seen the flyer IN EVERY EB I've been in... They tack it on to their Pre-order binder.

Pretty sure this is Exclusive to Canada thou.
PLEASE EMAIL ME: gamer602 at gmail.com
DO NOT POST ON RFD!:bomb:
WAY too many HOARDERS THERE!

#36 xrickyb86x

xrickyb86x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2008 - 04:35 PM

It makes sense that it would be re released. Beyond... 2 is one the way. Their trying to catch people who never played the game and them excited for the sequel.
MMMMMMM

#37 ricoraney

ricoraney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2008 - 04:54 PM

Man, I could not have put it any better than that. You hit the nail right on the head. This game is everything he just said. And as for Zelda, ditto. Now don't get me wrong. I love the Zelda series and own every game, but the truth is the truth. If the Zelda games had evolved in some of these areas mentioned ,it would be more than worthy of the high praise that it all ready receives. Now the other way to look at it, and it being the stupid, non-emotional npcs and the fetch quests, plot, and the such is that these are the trademarks that makes the games what they are.

But BG&E is a really good game. I have to pick it up again and finish it. I got stuck somewhere, got frustrated and never picked it up again. Again, the game deserves all the praise that it gets.

#38 S0DA POPINSKI

S0DA POPINSKI

New system, but such an last gen backlog still

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2008 - 04:59 PM

I thought that game sucked