Photo
- - - - -

de blob looking awesome

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 vherub

vherub

Posted 19 September 2008 - 02:56 AM

This was a title I was really looking forward to and the reviews are very solid:

http://wii.ign.com/a...1/911521p1.html

http://www.gameplaye...lob.aspx?Page=1

#2 wii skiier

wii skiier

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2008 - 02:56 PM

Thank you for the links! I also think this looks great.

#3 NintendoFanGirl

NintendoFanGirl

Moderator Emeritus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2008 - 12:31 AM

Here's another great review 9/10:

http://www.nintendow...cfm?artid=16705

#4 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2008 - 01:37 AM

Wow, great review scores so far! I'm looking forward to this even more now :)
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!
:whee: The Official PAX Prime (and possibly East) 2014 Thread ~ It's that time again!

#5 4tygames

4tygames

Cover Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2008 - 02:27 AM

It got IGN's Editor's Choice Award with a 8.7 / 10, definitely worth a pickup!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 20 September 2008 - 05:04 AM

I guess I'll be the first to say this: no online, only 10-hour story, lack of real challenges: I'll wait for a price drop. :D

#7 wii skiier

wii skiier

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2008 - 08:51 PM

I guess I'll be the first to say this: no online, only 10-hour story, lack of real challenges: I'll wait for a price drop. :D

None of those are important in the least to me. I can see why they would break the deal for some people, but a 10-hour, fun, pretty, easy game is pretty much my ideal game these days.

#8 vherub

vherub

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:55 PM

all the reviews have been positive, looks like a beyond good and evil situation in the making

#9 wii skiier

wii skiier

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:04 PM

I'm having a hard time waiting for a deal on this one - I kind of want to go get it today...

#10 Snake2715

Snake2715

Gotta Have Your Toys...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:58 PM

all the reviews have been positive, looks like a beyond good and evil situation in the making

Yeah i dont think Boom Blox has had a price drop yet has it?

They should hold the price for a bit.
-Josh

Posted Image
-courtesy of onetrackmind-

TRADE LIST

#11 sociopharm02

sociopharm02

The Pure Raw Uncut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2008 - 05:59 AM

I just watched the video review and I am gonna have to get this game. It just looks so damn fun.

#12 sociopharm02

sociopharm02

The Pure Raw Uncut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2008 - 06:02 PM

OK I got this game and if you own a Wii you need to pick it up. This game is like breathing fresh air. Needless to say I am a fan. I am a little surprised no one else is talking about it. Must be the Mega Man craze making people forget about this one:)

#13 ihadFG

ihadFG

Adamustache

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:19 PM

Well I decided to get this over Wario, and I'm definitely not disappointed. I'd recommend this game at full price, and I wouldn't even say the same for Boom Blox (which was still a great game by the way).

#14 monstermog

monstermog

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:53 AM

Ooo I was looking forward to this game but was kinda unsure. Glad most of you like it. As a result, I'll be trying it out soon :D
Now Playing:

:360: Modern Warfare 3, Skyrim

#15 MarioColbert

MarioColbert

nerd rage off the charts

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:13 PM

Whoa, cheers, CAG, would have totally slid this one past me without your recommendations.

Sorry for talking, I need to lurk moar.

My name is MarioColbert, and I approve of this message.

#16 nevposey

nevposey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:25 PM

Good review, I might rent this one

#17 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:45 PM

just saw the commercial for this and at the end it said "only for wii" even though I have it on my ipod touch...pretty fun game though
Posted Image

#18 rjung

rjung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:50 PM

just saw the commercial for this and at the end it said "only for wii" even though I have it on my ipod touch...pretty fun game though

The iPhone version doesn't play quite like the Wii version, I think.

--R.J.

#19 botticus

botticus

Posted 04 October 2008 - 09:20 PM

Played my rental this afternoon - awesome game. It took about 5 minutes to get addicted to the painting, though I somehow missed 6% of the first level after 25 minutes. I wish they would have put the jump on A or something, but it works if you're precise. Will buy.

#20 bmulligan

bmulligan

I am a free man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2008 - 12:41 AM

I had a lot of fun with the free PC game download over a year ago and was really afraid that this was being overproduced. I'm interested to see what an a calendar year of development has brought to the table.

The Neo-Communist Manifesto: "In your mind freedom is an end in and of itself. In my mind freedom is a means of improving society and giving people a better life. Those ideas result in very different methods of running society. " - alonzomourning23

bmulligan.png<------GOOZEX ?    Goozex is dead.

#21 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2008 - 04:08 AM

Picked this up since it took my Best Buy over a week to put it on shelves, because they are run by idiots.

Awesome. Completely awesome.

It's got Katamari's gameplay and all of the charm, but combined with more of a European flair than esoteric Japanese weirdness. You've got cute characters with funny voice gibberish-logue and beautiful graphics with great personality. The gameplay itself is very simple, but very effective at the same time (which is what I prefer in my games these days).

Absolutely recommended to anyone. MarioColbert - you need to get this game all up ins yo' house. 'Cuz guess what - the enemies look like Purple Tentacle's evil cousins.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#22 rjung

rjung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2008 - 08:26 PM

Got it last Friday as well, and also love it. My only gripe is that even if you rush like mad, it takes about 30 minutes to finish a level and save your progress -- an autosave after opening each gate would have been soooooooooooooo welcome. As it is, I can't really play it until I know I have a chunk of time reserved for it.

Other than that, it's awesome. Fun gameplay, goofy animations, awesome dynamic music, smooth framerate, easy enough for casuals but challenging enough for experts (try painting 100% of a level, I double-dog-dare ya), can't recommend it highly enough.

--R.J.

#23 botticus

botticus

Posted 06 October 2008 - 08:28 PM

Well, bear in mind that you could probably do the bare-minimum to open the gates fairly quickly, unless later levels really up the reqs. I think I had opened up the first three gates before I went through the first one.

Unless you were doing just that and I am in for a lengthy surprise when I get back into the game.

#24 rjung

rjung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:39 AM

It seems to me that even if you went as fast as you could, it takes around 25-35 minutes minimum to finish a level. Maybe it's my completist attitude at fault, but some intermediate save points would really make things perfect for me.

--R.J.

#25 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2008 - 02:53 AM

Absolutely recommended to anyone. MarioColbert - you need to get this game all up ins yo' house.

Where the hell has that guy been, anyway?

Posted Image

#26 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 07 October 2008 - 03:01 AM

Definitely want to give this game a rent, it looks great.

#27 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2008 - 03:09 AM

Where the hell has that guy been, anyway?

He's busy with scholastic things.

And also showing me a speedrun he did through Another World, a feat so mesmerizing that I had to break my monitor to stop watching it over and over.

Posted Image

Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#28 Snake2715

Snake2715

Gotta Have Your Toys...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2008 - 04:22 PM

He's busy with scholastic things.

And also showing me a speedrun he did through Another World, a feat so mesmerizing that I had to break my monitor to stop watching it over and over.

Reminds me of heart of darkness, whats the other game that is similar in design return to black or... I forget today just is not my day for memory.
-Josh

Posted Image
-courtesy of onetrackmind-

TRADE LIST

#29 Doomed

Doomed

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:43 PM

[review]
'Cuz guess what - the enemies look like Purple Tentacle's evil cousins.

Thanks for the review and thanks for introducing me to Day of the Tentacle. :grouphug:

sig.gif

#30 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 11:05 AM

Reminds me of heart of darkness, whats the other game that is similar in design return to black or... I forget today just is not my day for memory.

Fade to Black.

And yeah, MC just finished playing through Heart of Darkness. Eric Chahi - were things fair in this universe - would be king among game developers.

Posted Image