Photo
- - - - -

GoGamer Madness (9/19) - Alone in the Dark $10

• Please log in to reply
239 replies to this topic

#181 Callandor

Callandor

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:11 AM

The problem seems to be with people creating new accounts, then paying with Paypal. I finally got through to gogamer customer service on the phone, which took forever. I explained my situation and the guy confirmed it's something they are having a problem with when paying with Paypal. I told him they should have had this set before allowing this problem to occur. I canceled my order and we'll see how fast they get my money back into my Paypal account. The dude said a couple of days.

So did our orders/accounts even go through? I got charged for the order last night and would like to know if it will actually be shipping.

#182 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:19 AM

You should have received an order confirmation that your order has shipped. Proabably to the email you have registered with Paypal.
Posted Image

#183 supersizerice

supersizerice

Rick my barrs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:26 AM

I'm surprised my copy of AitD hasn't come yet since all my previous orders came within 1 business day. Hmmm...

#184 Bronson-Lee

Bronson-Lee

VitaTag:GoForBroke94

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:28 AM

Got mine today shipped from CA?
WTF? Is underdog delivering this shit? Best service ever for price/delivery speed. Amazing.

:lol::applause:

I got Dirt Cheap shipping, and I live in Philly.

#185 Admiral Ackbar

Admiral Ackbar

It's a trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:56 AM

Same here. It must ship from the mid-atlantic. Maybe in PA or NJ.

The 2014 E3 Theme: "Coming in 2015."

#186 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:59 AM

Weird. I live in VA and haven't received mine yet...
Posted Image

#187 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:09 AM

I'm in Nashville, it says that it was shipped on the 19th.. so.. the second I ordered it, they shipped it. Same day. That's insane. But my Unreal Tournament 3 I ordered Saturday still says "Processing".

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#188 wildnuts02

wildnuts02

2 Real 4 U

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:45 AM

i used google checkout and my order status is still "in progress" - anyone else use google?
Posted Image

#189 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:48 AM

Same here. It must ship from the mid-atlantic. Maybe in PA or NJ.

Nope.

Mine was shipped from CA, going first class mail. I've had first class go from here to either coast in a day or two, same for the reverse direction.

Just depends on the mail stream.

#190 fieldkillah

fieldkillah

Bleeds Black & Gold

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:54 AM

I got my copy of alone in the dark today
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#191 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:56 AM

So did our orders/accounts even go through? I got charged for the order last night and would like to know if it will actually be shipping.

I got charged and by Sunday it went through and withdrew from my PP account. I never got an email stating it had actually shipped, nor could I check the order on the site, so I don't know. All I know is by Wed. my money better be back in my PP account. Gogamer customer service is horrible. They never answer their phone. Today I let it ring forever and just sat the phone down until it just stopped ringing on it's own, after about 5 minutes. I then called back and somebody answered on the 4th ring. They must have like 1 chick answering the phone and she's spending most of her time talking to her boyfriend on her cel.

edit: Just checked my Paypal and the money has been refunded. Good thing.

1.pngdefault.png IMAG0005.jpg

#192 jollydwarf

jollydwarf

America's #1 Poster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:00 AM

i used google checkout and my order status is still "in progress" - anyone else use google?

Yes, and "ditto" on the status. For the record, I ordered just before 10 P.M. EST on Friday night (9/19). So, no, you're not "alone"...but maybe still...ah, Fuck it, I can't do it. I just can't.
"I like whipped cream a lot. I'll put whipped cream on anything."--Jessica Alba

Backlog at CRITICAL MASS...Backlog at CRITICAL MASS...Backlog at...

"What, you're still here? The post's over. Log off. Shoo! Shoo!"

#193 Codemaster

Codemaster

Project 2501

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:07 AM

Wait, is everyone that has received theirs use Dirt Cheap shipping? Also where are you all located? Any East Coasters?

Strange that I haven't received mine yet...

I live in mid-Florida and I used Dirt Cheap Shipping and got mine today.

#194 deletion

deletion

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:10 AM

I got charged and by Sunday it went through and withdrew from my PP account. I never got an email stating it had actually shipped, nor could I check the order on the site, so I don't know. All I know is by Wed. my money better be back in my PP account. Gogamer customer service is horrible. They never answer their phone. Today I let it ring forever and just sat the phone down until it just stopped ringing on it's own, after about 5 minutes. I then called back and somebody answered on the 4th ring. They must have like 1 chick answering the phone and she's spending most of her time talking to her boyfriend on her cel.

edit: Just checked my Paypal and the money has been refunded. Good thing.

i'm with ya on this. gogamer site, customer service, everything has just been bad. good deals, a lot of headache.

#195 thrice28

thrice28

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:11 AM

Just got mine today and it shipped Saturday...excellent service and a great deal.

#196 Tengaport

Tengaport

Cover your heart Indy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:47 AM

just got an email that my order has shipped - certainly surprised to hear that :)

#197 Callandor

Callandor

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:57 AM

You should have received an order confirmation that your order has shipped. Proabably to the email you have registered with Paypal.

...and I just got the confirmation an hour or two ago.

Sorry for doubting the greatness of gogamer.com. :D

#198 Monroeski

Monroeski

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:53 AM

Looks like my order just shipped today.

#199 Shinjiru

Shinjiru

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:56 AM

My order placed on Friday (Alone in the Dark for the 360) shipped today as well.

#200 BlueWingX

BlueWingX

Master of Trivia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:44 AM

I guess I over reacted a little earlier, as my copy of AitD is on it's way. I still don't know what happened with my first two attempts, but at least Google worked, albeit a bit slower.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Mr. BlueWingX's Signature provided by onetrackmind

#201 cwalker3

cwalker3

Limited Time Value

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:38 PM

I live in Baltimore and got mine yesterday and used Dirt Cheap shipping. I paid with a credit card and already had an account. All of my status emails were timely and accurate.

Glad I didn't jump on the CC clearanced Wii version...
Don't tase me bro!

#202 Bojizzle

Bojizzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:02 PM

This game is terrible but I got it super fast with dirt cheap shipping.

#203 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:03 PM

This game is terrible but I got it super fast with dirt cheap shipping.

Is it that bad?

Seriously what's going on. I'm in the DC area and a guy in Baltimore reported to already receiving his...
Posted Image

#204 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:34 PM

I live in Richmond, VA and received my copy yesterday using dirt cheap shipping, insured.
I had rented it from GF when it first came out. The game isn't horrible imho but it's not great either. In any case, it's worth $10.
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#205 MCalvert1

MCalvert1

AKA AssaultSuit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:35 PM

Just got a tracking # last night and notification of shipment. This was after being told it was on backorder the day the order was made.

MjC

#206 mitchondria

mitchondria

Climbin in Yo Window

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2008 - 06:49 PM

not going to be getting mine. i finally got ahold of customer service... and they said that my transaction had been declined because of a issue they had with new users and paypal accounts, and that i wouldnt be able to get my copy because they were all out.

Fuck you gogamer.com

540841.png

#207 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:43 PM

also got it yesterday, very quick with dirt cheap shipping. i'll see if the patch comes out during the PS3 version's launch. it's not on the top of my backlog list anyways
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#208 urge26

urge26

No time for games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2008 - 12:21 AM

best dirt cheap shipping I've ever seen, got mine Monday, won't hesitate to buy from them again. that being said alone in the dark will sit sealed in an ever growing backlog.

#209 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2008 - 12:24 AM

Wow, not sure what all of you did to deserve such fast shipping, but I got in on this deal a few minutes after it was posted. They took my payment same day for a copy of AitD for 360 and the wireless controller, and just now get around to shipping it out...
Posted Image

#210 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2008 - 01:16 AM

Wow, not sure what all of you did to deserve such fast shipping, but I got in on this deal a few minutes after it was posted. They took my payment same day for a copy of AitD for 360 and the wireless controller, and just now get around to shipping it out...

At least yours is being shipped out now. I contacted GoGamer because I got a your order was backordered email even though it showed it was in stock. I got a response that said it wasn't the case and that I should be getting the shipment notification shortly. Still shows as being processed though. Hopefully I can get mine shipped soon. I just don't like paying for something and the status doesn't change since it was ordered. Maybe it will just show up at work one day. that would be nice.