GoGamer Madness (9/19) - Alone in the Dark $10

• Please log in to reply
239 replies to this topic

#211 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2008 - 01:39 AM

Wow...I'm not really sure what to think. I placed my order on the 19th, like many of you. I got a "shipment confirmation" email later that day, but I've yet to receive my game. As always, USPS's "tracking" is worthless and doesn't tell me anything.

I live in NC, so I thought it might take a while, but since almost everybody else has gotten theirs, I'm starting to wonder what's going on. I would think my order didn't go through (new customer and paid with Paypal), but I did get the shipping email. If I don't get it tomorrow, I might give them a call.

#212 Monroeski

Monroeski

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2008 - 01:46 AM

Wow...I'm not really sure what to think. I placed my order on the 19th, like many of you. I got a "shipment confirmation" email later that day, but I've yet to receive my game. As always, USPS's "tracking" is worthless and doesn't tell me anything.

I live in NC, so I thought it might take a while, but since almost everybody else has gotten theirs, I'm starting to wonder what's going on. I would think my order didn't go through (new customer and paid with Paypal), but I did get the shipping email. If I don't get it tomorrow, I might give them a call.

Placed mine on the 15th as well, same boat that you're in.

Just don't worry about it. Dirt cheap shipping is supposed to take a while, and it was a pretty high demand item. It's only been 3 business days so far, and dirt cheap is supposed to take 7-15, whether others have been getting it already or not.

Just relax.

#213 supersizerice

supersizerice

Rick my barrs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2008 - 01:46 AM

We're in the same boat. Damnit this is the GQD debacle with Vesperia LE all over again. Not that I want to play this game badly but still.

#214 Kali Bear Man

Kali Bear Man

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2008 - 06:13 AM

Finally! After being in the process stage since the 19th,
Alone In The Dark was shipped to me earlier today, but not before sending a message to customer support and waiting over 26 hours for a response. The factory it is being shipped from isn't very far from my city(Santa Clara to SF). Lets see how long it takes to get here.

#215 supersizerice

supersizerice

Rick my barrs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2008 - 06:33 AM

yay mine shipped tonight too

#216 heyo007

heyo007

Loco for P.B.Loco PB!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2008 - 07:47 AM

Got the backorder email a few days ago but, today, was notified that both products ordered (AiTD and UT 3 PC) were shipped.

Relax; It's only the internet.

#217 groundskeeper

groundskeeper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2008 - 12:51 PM

I got mine on Monday. Impressive since being in VT it usually always takes a week to get to me even from New York. My mailman must have woken up....
CAG Not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

#218 Cleaner7

Cleaner7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2008 - 02:11 AM

Mine left CA yesterday so hopefully I'll get it by the weekend or Monday.

#219 Kali Bear Man

Kali Bear Man

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2008 - 08:39 PM

Damn its already here, that IS pretty fast. But it would probably still be in the process stage if i hadn't sent them a message LOL. Its a damn shame some of you couldn't get your order though.

#220 MasterYensid

MasterYensid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2008 - 09:04 PM

Got my copy yesterday...Thanks CAG for the heads up!
Posted Image

#221 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2008 - 09:26 PM

I'm posting this now before I go out to check my mail, in the hopes that what usually happens will happen. I STILL haven't gotten my damn AitD yet! You guys must have gotten "dirt cheap express" and I got "dirt cheap bicycle messenger" or something. I realize it still hasn't been a week, but I just can't rationalize in my head why some people got it in like 2 days...even on the east coast, and mine has taken 6 and counting.

EDIT: Haha! Works like a charm! In your face mail gods!!! I tricked you! You didn't make me look like an idiot this time! Woohoo! Never thought I'd be so happy to get a crappy $10 game, haha. Actually, I don't think this game is THAT bad. I played the demo and thought some things could have been done better, but I still like the idea of it. Plus, I'm a survival whore (see what I did there?). When Amazon had this game for like $24 a couple weeks ago, I said it would drop. Glad I waited! Can't go wrong for $10 :D

Edited by n8rockerasu, 25 September 2008 - 09:42 PM.

#222 mike.m

mike.m

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:21 PM

Got mine like 2 or 3 days ago. Ordered it when the posting first went up. The game is pretty bad. I'm not sure I can tolerate it all the way through. Oh well, was $12 and some change after shipping.

Follow me on Twitter @NefariousMike

#223 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:32 PM

Traded one of my copies in for $30
Posted Image

#224 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:34 PM

I was able to get mine today! The day after I got the email saying it was shipped. So I am guess that GoGamer uses a different location since no way got here (N. VA) from Cali in a day.

#225 demented1

demented1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2008 - 01:13 AM

Ordered Friday at around 5pm, received today. All is good...except the case is cracked. The game is easily worth $10.

#226 BlueWingX

BlueWingX

Master of Trivia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2008 - 03:36 AM

Mine showed up today, too. Ordered around noon on Friday.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Mr. BlueWingX's Signature provided by onetrackmind

#227 geosooner

geosooner

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:39 AM

yep. got alone in the dark yesterday. nothing wrong with it. good times!
[URL="http://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=108791"][/URL]

#228 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2008 - 03:01 PM

Ordered mine a few mins after this sale went up and still haven't received mine...starting to get a little pissed off...

I'm in the NOVA area as well...
Posted Image

#229 Monroeski

Monroeski

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2008 - 03:09 PM

I'm not pissed or worried about the game or anything, but I would like to take this opportunity to hate on USPS tracking. I basically use it only to know when something has shipped, which means it's definitely coming. The tracking itself is usually useless; I've had the "processed and left our Santa Ana, CA facility" message since early Tuesday or so. No updates.

Usually in this situation, at some point I go home and it is waiting for me, then I check the tracking info and there is a ton of daily info on the package that has magically appeared for the past week.

#230 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2008 - 03:36 PM

I'm not pissed or worried about the game or anything, but I would like to take this opportunity to hate on USPS tracking. I basically use it only to know when something has shipped, which means it's definitely coming. The tracking itself is usually useless; I've had the "processed and left our Santa Ana, CA facility" message since early Tuesday or so. No updates.

Usually in this situation, at some point I go home and it is waiting for me, then I check the tracking info and there is a ton of daily info on the package that has magically appeared for the past week.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I'm actually more excited to get the controller and not the game.
Posted Image

#231 xbox_mole

xbox_mole

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:44 PM

Mine arrived today, ordered later on Sunday last week I believe.

#232 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2008 - 01:23 AM

well I ordered from the new sale, and they rate super cheap shipping at 7-14 days.... really covering their butts if it's really slow.

#233 LegendK1ll3r

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 27 September 2008 - 06:04 AM

Mine just arrived yesterday (26th), ordered on the 19th - although it seemingly didn't ship until the 23rd (as the tracking number confirms), so it took about 3 days to ship from CA to NJ.

Posted Image

#234 Shinjiru

Shinjiru

Posted 27 September 2008 - 10:35 PM

Mine arrived today. I ordered on Friday the 19th. LittleBIGPlanet is taking up most of my gaming time right now and my 360 backlog is rather large, so I probably won't get around to playing right away. Hopefully, when I do the patch will be out.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to the tc for the post. Good deal!

#235 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:43 AM

I'm not sure how many are in the same boat as myself, but I have yet to receive my order, which I placed and was given confirmation the same day the sale went live. My order was not shipped until the 23rd and since receiving a tracking number I have not received new information on its location except that it was shipped from Bell, CA.

I know dirt-cheap shipping can take awhile but considering everyone else has been getting theirs and rather quickly...makes me a bit pissed off and nervous.
Posted Image

#236 Callandor

Callandor

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:21 PM

Mine was shipped early last week and just arrived today, so give it a bit more time.

#237 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:03 PM

So I know that technically shipping can take up to 14 days, but I still haven't received my items. Apparently they shipped my controller and game via Media mail, though the few times I've tried to ship anything similar I've been forced to ship it via First Class, so I'm wondering how GoGamer is able to do this?

Either way I know I paid for snail mail, but now I'm going to have to tell my nephew I don't have his birthday gift. Guess I'll know better next time...
Posted Image

#238 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:14 PM

So I know that technically shipping can take up to 14 days, but I still haven't received my items. Apparently they shipped my controller and game via Media mail, though the few times I've tried to ship anything similar I've been forced to ship it via First Class, so I'm wondering how GoGamer is able to do this?

Either way I know I paid for snail mail, but now I'm going to have to tell my nephew I don't have his birthday gift. Guess I'll know better next time...

Ouch man! That stinks! :(
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#239 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:24 PM

im still waiting for my damn controller.

#240 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2008 - 05:29 PM

So I FINALLY got my package. I'm happy that I received it, however this company must not believe in bubble wrap or package peanuts because my controller and game were rattling around in the box.
Posted Image