Free Download of "The Suffering" for PC users

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2008 - 01:40 PM

Can anyone help? I get speech and the occasional sound when an in-game event happens but no sound or music.

#32 vherub

vherub

Posted 25 September 2008 - 01:59 PM

Can anyone help? I get speech and the occasional sound when an in-game event happens but no sound or music.

what sound options did you set in the options menu?

#33 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2008 - 05:46 PM

Um, all of them on?

#34 Razorguts

Razorguts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2008 - 03:40 AM

I downloaded and played for about 30 minutes. Fun, but the ads popping up in-game ruin the suspense.

I'm very excited about trying this game (wanted it back in 2004, but other games took priority). But you're saying that the ads literally pop open mid-game? I can understand some ads playing upon game launch, but to halt gameplay is a real bummer...

#35 Smallville123

Smallville123

CAGetmedown!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2008 - 03:52 AM

nice find op
Insert clever line here......

#36 vherub

vherub

Posted 26 September 2008 - 12:28 PM

Um, all of them on?

I mean, are you playing the sound on default setting, or do you have an audio card?
For me, I have a soundblaster audigy and had to set this in the setup option.

#37 Capitalizt

Capitalizt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2008 - 04:31 PM

Downloading the latest drivers for your video and sound cards usually solves 99.9% of all problems.

#38 kodt

kodt

Posted 26 September 2008 - 07:34 PM

So I figured there would be an intro/outro ad to watch.. but ads pop up in game? Thats pretty bad, especially for a game that is trying to be scary or atmospheric.

#39 twen

twen

Posted 26 September 2008 - 08:40 PM

I don't know who thought it was funny to delete my post here, but in answer to s0undwav3's post, I posted a easy method to remove the ads -- basically find and use a no cd crack for the game.
Posted Image