Gabe Newell possibly considers maybe supporting the PS3 at some point in the future

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3170080

1UP: First off -- are you still holding off on a PS3 version of Left 4 Dead? Gabe Newell: We don't have the bandwidth. For The Orange Box, EA did the PS3 version. They're interested in getting a PS3 version done. We just have to figure out where the resources can come from. We don't have the bandwidth. We're doing the 360 and PC version ourselves.

1UP: If there is a PS3 version, would you let EA do it, or would you like to actually dabble with the PS3?
GN: I think we need to do a good job with supporting the PS3 with the Source engine. Our engine licensees would like us to do it. I think we need to invest more in getting that in there. So I think that we'll, over time, be directly more and more supporting the PS3 as our bandwidth allows us to.
1UP: The Heavy is out, so do you think that you'll wait for one more character update?
GN: I don't know. [To Doug Lombardi] What's the plan?
Doug Lombardi: I think we're going to start preparing everything that's been done to date and release that. My hunch is that it's going to be everything that's out as of now, including the Heavy -- and that'll be out before the end of the year.
GN: It'll be $9.95, right?
DL: Looks like it, yeah.

1UP: That's not bad. I think it's time for the 360 crowd to catch up. Are you going to do it for PSN as well?
GN: No.

1UP: No?
Lombardi: We don't have PlayStation developers, so....
1UP: And EA won't help out on that front?
GN: No. They're not doing ongoing development on The Orange Box for the PS3.
And in case you were wondering:

1UP: The last few times that we've talked, you've been rather adamant about your dislike for the PS3. Has your stance changed?
GN: Nothing has really changed about the PS3 in terms of what it is. I don't really have anything new to say one way or another.

Lazy ass Gabe Newell :drool: making excuses when he can't make an easy port from PC.
Will he ever change?

A toaster makes toast, that's its job... makes toasts, doesn't care what type of breat it is... it just toasts. Gabe, is a game developer, just develop the fucking GAMES!!!!!!! People want to enjoy games, I ended up buying The Orange Box and I enjoyed it. Him not liking the PS3 has nothing to do with anything. Gabe still needs to do his job and get games on the PS3.

Well it is his company. If he doesn't want to hire developers just to port games to the PS3 he doesn't have to, especially if he can just get his publishing partner to do it.

With the way his company is structured (no job titles/departments, everyone is just expected to do what they're supposed to) I can understand why he doesn't want to hire a PS3 department.

[quote name='Thomas96']A toaster makes toast, that's its job... makes toasts, doesn't care what type of breat it is... it just toasts. Gabe, is a game developer, just develop the fucking GAMES!!!!!!! People want to enjoy games, I ended up buying The Orange Box and I enjoyed it. Him not liking the PS3 has nothing to do with anything. Gabe still needs to do his job and get games on the PS3.[/QUOTE]

i really like that....makes me laugh.

bread's done
Back