CAG Foreplay #53: Kinda Hippy Means Broken Pelvises

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 DQT

DQT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:39 PM

Boo to the shot at the Chargers.;) The part where Shipwreck compares Dropcast to a combination of every puzzle game ever made should definitely make the highlights episode if you ever decide to make one.

#32 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2008 - 12:00 AM

Shipwreck,
You need to get Tales of Vesperia so you and the Mrs. have a great game to play together on the 360.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#33 Rusty Ghia

Rusty Ghia

Posted 27 September 2008 - 12:10 AM

I feel bad for Mrs. Shipwreck: she gets all the crap games dumped on her and when there's a game to preview that she would like (Time Hollow) Shipwreck gets it.

As for "Hey There Delilah," I'm with DesertEagleXIX, I've never heard of it. But then again, I don't watch TV or listen to the radio. Call me out of touch, but who else here knows of Fairguson?

I know that what you do with your own money is your own business, but I hardly think that $20 for WipEout HD is a good deal, Shipwreck. If you can't lend, trade, or sell it then you don't own it. Twenty bucks for a game rental is madness in my eyes.

I'll say it again, thanks a lot Shipwrecks, the number of games is getting out of hand, and you guys do this for us. Thanks.
"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Bixby Snyder

#34 JetTone

JetTone

Posted 27 September 2008 - 01:42 AM

I actually just recently started listening to the Foreplay cagcast, I think this is my second time. Great show. I too have never heard "Hey There Delilah," I actually thought it was an old song from the 70s or 80s. Keep up the great work. I'll make sure to check out the next one.

#35 Gillespee

Gillespee

Super Mario Striker!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2008 - 03:04 AM

Thanks to everyone who understands the amount of work that goes into the podcast, especially weeks with 40+ games that are 50% crap. We appreciate it a lot. And thanks to Treehouse Gamer who helps shoulder some of the load. Yes, that pun's intended.

Not only do you cover them (when I suppose you could just skip over them) you make it entertaining to listen to. It's kind of weird to think about actually.)

I went and looked up Hey There Delilah - never heard it before either.

#36 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2008 - 04:32 AM

Yeah I don't know that song either. All I listen to are podcasts, sports talk radio, and video game/wrestling soundtracks. The most up-to-date rock I have on my Zune is 3 Doors Down and Nickelback (is Nickelback even still around?)

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#37 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2008 - 05:27 AM

I've never heard the song on the radio either, mostly because I avoid the pop stations and stick to classic rock/metal stations whenever I'm driving.

#38 Treehouse Gamer

Treehouse Gamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2008 - 02:34 PM

I've never heard the song on the radio either, mostly because I avoid the pop stations and stick to classic rock/metal stations whenever I'm driving.

Well, aren't you hardcore...:bomb:
Mr. House
CAG Foreplay's PC guy
Posted Image
Currently playing: League of Legends

Pile of Shame: Ouch.

On Order: Nothing. Really.

#39 terpkristin

terpkristin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2008 - 03:43 PM

Dang, without even listening to the show yet, I picked up Kirby and Disgaea. :) This is my weekend to catch up on various podcasts, so I'll write more later, once I've listened. :)

/tk
terpkristin
Find me on XBLA and PSN as terpkristin
Wii: 4059 1919 9282 7625
Now Playing: trying to go through the stack of games...
Trying to update the blog regularly.. http://gimpygal.blogspot.com
http://kristin.seidelmann-owners.com/

#40 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2008 - 04:51 PM

Well, aren't you hardcore...:bomb:

No, but it's stupid to act like people are out of touch with society if they haven't heard a song before, because there are definitely ways to avoid hearing songs.

#41 Z_meista

Z_meista

The Paragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2008 - 11:40 PM

Mushi King is basically like Dinosaur King, but you get to battle bugs instead.
I saw it in one of the arcades when I was in Asia. Hell, they even have an anime based on it.

#42 Shipssibling

Shipssibling

Posted 28 September 2008 - 02:48 AM

Little brother - very nice song. You make me proud. You also missed your niece's 12th birthday.

#43 Treehouse Gamer

Treehouse Gamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:23 AM

Just noticed how awesome the associated tags are for the post:

"cag foreplay, gi joe, mrs. shipwreck, my little pony, shipwreck, warioware touched! "

Fantastic.
Mr. House
CAG Foreplay's PC guy
Posted Image
Currently playing: League of Legends

Pile of Shame: Ouch.

On Order: Nothing. Really.

#44 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2008 - 03:14 PM

WTF at the intro song, lol...

Shippy, you NEVER played Disgaea? WTH? you just destroyed my world. ;_; btw, the PS2 version is the best version because the audio is inferior in the DS version from what i read.

and i gotta say that this is the geekiest i've ever heard of mrs.shipwreck. My Little Pony figures? Nancy Drew games collection? fantasy football? haha, so cool.

Edited by LiK, 29 September 2008 - 06:33 PM.

63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#45 terpkristin

terpkristin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 02:06 AM

Finally got to listen to this today at work. :) Great show, as usual. I know you guys went a bit more off-topic than usual, but I really liked it. I've already picked up Kirby and Disgaea, thankfully (for my bank account), there wasn't anything else you guys mentioned that I can't live without. ;)

Oh, and I wouldn't have any problem with you releasing the same day as the CAGCast. But really, I just want you to release every week. I know you guys are busy, but the selfish part of me wants a new show every week! :D

/tk
terpkristin
Find me on XBLA and PSN as terpkristin
Wii: 4059 1919 9282 7625
Now Playing: trying to go through the stack of games...
Trying to update the blog regularly.. http://gimpygal.blogspot.com
http://kristin.seidelmann-owners.com/