7 player PS3 games

Barnolde

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
With the PS3 able to work with most any USB controller and PS2 controllers with an adapter, I'm accumulating a bunch of controllers and I know only a few games support 7 players:

APF 2K8
FIFA Soccer 08/9
FIFA Street 3
NBA 2K7/8/9
NHL 08/9
NHL 2K8/9
Pixeljunk Racers (PSN)
Pro Evo Soccer 2008/9
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008/9 (6 players)

am I missing any?

Last edited by a moderator:
im new to ps3 and didnt realize you could play with that many that sounds great but i wonder why 7 and not a round number like 8 i know its kind of a stupid question

Not a stupid question. There are limitations to Bluetooth. Bascially, the connection would get weaker and unstable when more then 7 controllers were connected.

[quote name='Azarius']im new to ps3 and didnt realize you could play with that many that sounds great but i wonder why 7 and not a round number like 8 i know its kind of a stupid question[/QUOTE]It's because a bluetooth module within the PS3, can connect up to 7 devices. To connect an eight device would need another bluetooth module inside the console. The reason PS3 supports 7 instead of 4 is because it can go that high at no additional cost.

I know that the Upcoming bomberman can do it. But I thought it was 7 OTHER controllers, meaning 8 total? Anyone care to clear this up?

[quote name='smiggity']I know that the Upcoming bomberman can do it. But I thought it was 7 OTHER controllers, meaning 8 total? Anyone care to clear this up?[/quote]
Nope, 7 max for BT devices, that includes the remote and the headset I believe.
You can play with more people with non-BT controllers. Like how Buzz handles it.

[quote name='dallow']Nope, 7 max for BT devices, that includes the remote and the headset I believe.
You can play with more people with non-BT controllers. Like how Buzz handles it.[/quote]

Thanks man. That is really good to know, especially the fact that it is 7 devices and not controllers.

Another related question that I've been wondering:

If the PS3 supports only 7 BT controllers, could you add an 8th player by using the USB-to-PS2 adapters?

EDIT: Oops, guess that was answered by dallow!

bread's done
Back