CAGcast #135: The New CAGcast Experience

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#31 aerotive

aerotive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 02:49 PM

That Force Unleashed level is pretty bad. The key to beating it is to use Lightning on the Tie Fighters instead of Grip--the lock-on is easier.

#32 Salmonday

Salmonday

Cranky Old Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 02:57 PM

After all that effort Wombat put into his attempt to bolster the English language by arguing the difference between "average" and "mediocre," he frags himself by using the non-word "irregardless."

#33 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:03 PM

After all that effort Wombat put into his attempt to bolster the English language by arguing the difference between "average" and "mediocre," he frags himself by using the non-word "irregardless."

thats was an intentional attempt at humor

#34 blacksanta87

blacksanta87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:18 PM

great arnold impression cheapy .
Pigtails are for face Fucking.

#35 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:19 PM

I'm sorry drive, shoot, occasionally pick some one up, drive, shoot. If you play in free mode everything is unlocked from the start. I never said it wasn't a great game, it is, but without structure I get bored easily.

And that's perfectly fine. I still disagree with you that it does have structure though.
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#36 Regian

Regian

LevelUpNews.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:49 PM

I also picked up The Club from Target for that $12.xx price. Fun little time killer.

If Wombat doesn't already have Lost Odyssey, some Targets have it clearanced to a $14.98 price point already.

Great show as always, guys!
Posted Image

Posted Image

The Late Shift:
I have a radio show. A real radio show. Listen, won't you?
Mondays from 10PM to Midnight CST at WVLP.org!
Click here for the show's Facebook page!

[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]

#37 LimpDaddy

LimpDaddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:04 PM

Cheapy or Wombat, did you guys get any LBP beta codes to give out to CAGs?

#38 Walt Jay

Walt Jay

Gamerscore Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:07 PM

Nice show guys.

Funny, I just picked The Club too. CAGs think alike.

Time to start a CAG Club...club. :)
Posted Image

#39 XTommyDonX

XTommyDonX

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:18 PM

In reference to CAG's rating system for games, Cheapy brought up the price paid for "The Club" and the rating the game received. This brings back my argument of CAG creating a value based rating system for games. Also known as..."How much would you pay for this game?"

Exactly how I think of it. And if *for example* The Club gets rated with a $20 value when it first comes out and someone finds it for only $12, then they know that they have a "deal". Deals are what this site is all about and that would be an appropriate rating system.

#40 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:35 PM

Great show guys. I felt the love in this show.

Wombat, did you take any pics of the MK DC event? not even a cell phone pic? i think it's sweet that Ed Boon listens to the show. :D

btw, i think i mentioned in a previous show post that Catwoman was definitely lame. I wish they had Harley Quinn in it instead.

Cheapy, reviewers have always stated that they take price into account when they review games. they want to let readers know if it's worth it for the retail price. some sites even refuse to review free games because they don't think there's any point to reviewing something you can get for free since you can try it out for yourself.

Edited by LiK, 30 September 2008 - 04:47 PM.

63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#41 Hybrid5006

Hybrid5006

White Trash Ballin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:02 PM

Cheapy,

That level in Star Wars Force Unleashed where you try and pull the star destroyer down is actually pretty easy once you get the hang of it. The secret to is that you don't have to use your force powers and grab the trash floating around to throw at the fighters.
You can actually use your force lightning and zap all of them down pretty quickly!

I managed to kill all of the fighters, start pulling the big ship, kill the fighters again, and then finally pull in the big ship all the way. 100000% times better to use your force lightning than the force throw!

#42 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:05 PM

btw Cheapy, Wipeout HD custom soundtracks are uber easy. simply copy over any music files to your PS3. when you're in the game, just go to Audio Options and go to the Soundtrack settings and you can cycle through the music folders that are in your PS3 music folders. if you want a bunch of the music from the various music folders in your PS3, just make a playlist in the PS3 and you can select that as well in the Audio Options.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#43 lojus

lojus

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:28 PM

Big thumbs up for the Girl Talk intro music! More people need to listen to this.

#44 XTommyDonX

XTommyDonX

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:05 PM

Great show guys. I felt the love in this show.

Wombat, did you take any pics of the MK DC event? not even a cell phone pic? i think it's sweet that Ed Boon listens to the show. :D

btw, i think i mentioned in a previous show post that Catwoman was definitely lame. I wish they had Harley Quinn in it instead.

Cheapy, reviewers have always stated that they take price into account when they review games. they want to let readers know if it's worth it for the retail price. some sites even refuse to review free games because they don't think there's any point to reviewing something you can get for free since you can try it out for yourself.

That's true but what I think he was trying to say is that reviews expire and become obsolete in a very short time, in some occasions its a matter of weeks. After the time of any price drops or deals, the reader pretty much has to equate that review into the current price.

#45 vanilla_shakin_it

vanilla_shakin_it

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:22 PM

SIZZLER!!!! http://sorethumbsblo...mingjournalism5

#46 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:28 PM

In regards to Catwoman/Selina Kyle sucking in MK vs. DC...

Posted Image

#47 Cambot

Cambot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:36 PM

Wombat, can you turn back time and not say "irregardless?" "Irregardless" is redundant and technically not a word.

Take it from a Mii friend (I sent you the Mii Beatles).

#48 BoneMonkey80

BoneMonkey80

Bonetastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 07:03 PM

My favorite part is when cheapy said

"He really needs to eat a bowl of dick!"

#49 TheFreshPrince

TheFreshPrince

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:05 PM

what brand/style of mic's do you guys use for recording?

#50 level1online

level1online

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:19 PM

ROFL @ "Securom has become aware!"

#51 KongaKing

KongaKing

He who will save us all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:31 PM

Hey Cheapy, still listening to the show right now but you said you wanted in the little big planet beta but got the home one. If you want a USA LBP key, shoot me a PM

#52 Nelo Ice

Nelo Ice

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:58 AM

My favorite part is when cheapy said

"He really needs to eat a bowl of dick!"

this :rofl:

#53 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:18 AM

If you guys do plan to fight over a new trophy, you should definitely get that on tape.

If you have your computer on the media server, you can download your music straight to the PS3. I remember you saying you did that once with episodes of Harvey Birdman, but I don't know if you've got it still set-up now. Otherwise, you can throw your mp3s on a memory stick, SD card, or thumb drive to put on there, as well. You just need to create a playlist first to be able to play them in Wipeout HD, which is different than most games on the PS3.

I would imagine that there will be multiple servers for the public areas of Home so that you'd be sent to a new server when one is full to let you play when you want to. That or you need to

Wombat's not right from the looks of the LBP beta so far, as I haven't seen a penis level yet. From what I read, that wasn't even uploaded to the online servers, so nobody could play it unless they knew him personally. Wombat's still wrong at the moment for his claims that LBP will be full of penis levels.

The reason that Jack Thompson got so much press is because he's insane and is always getting into crazy situation, making for great stories that never got old to me. It'll be sad to see him go, but I imagine people will still talk to him as some kind of consultant since he'll force himself onto a tragic event to blame videogames.

I agree about GTA IV and its ability to draw me in for a while at first, then push me away until I come back at some later point when I want to finish it. All of them have done that, either through my own lack of willingness to keep playing or the game didn't want me to continue by deleting my save.

Good show.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#54 shigamado

shigamado

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:35 AM

Yea, on the Force Unleashed. Hide behind the two smal toawers. When the Ties go by, LIGHTENING!! You don't have to really worry too much about targeting and they go down fast. The SD is the bitch, but I got it on my third try. If you still have problems, go to GameFaqs.

#55 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:08 AM

Wombat's not right from the looks of the LBP beta so far, as I haven't seen a penis level yet. From what I read, that wasn't even uploaded to the online servers, so nobody could play it unless they knew him personally. Wombat's still wrong at the moment for his claims that LBP will be full of penis levels.

Good show.

I made a point to say that it is not full of penis levels, yet and someone better be prepared for a whooping this Sunday

#56 Skel LaTour

Skel LaTour

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 12:55 PM

Hey Wombat,

Since it came up on this weeks show, I just wanted to mention that Netflix just got a huge influx of new movies today. So you wouldn't just have to watch the cop with the noises.

For example...

(No, I don't work for them, I've just been a member forever.)

#57 SL4IN

SL4IN

C'MON GET SERIOUAS!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:13 PM

The main hate behind SecuRom is that plain and simple, it sucks. All it does is Fuck over the consumer that bought the game in the end. Here is a good example:
[Brawl: 0001-3099-4131][Excitebots: 2106-5601-7796]

#58 chi.bri

chi.bri

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:42 PM

Wow, you guys gave your opinion about an article you did not even bother reading. That's really lame. Next time if you guys are too lazy to read 4 pages skip the topic please.

Also, Cheapy says that the price is an important part of the review process. But the CAG2.0 review system is totally ignoring the price when reviewing. That's really lame too.

This episode had the most 180's yet.

Edited by chi.bri, 01 October 2008 - 08:02 PM.

#59 DQT

DQT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:59 PM

Great show. Not much to say except that the downloadable game argument is something I used all the time for the deals on CAG. Dollar for dollar, deals I find on this website are simply amazing. I get more fun per dollar than I think would with most downloadable titles.

#60 Z_meista

Z_meista

The Paragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:44 PM

Good show.