Photo
- - - - -

Target Clearance Thread XII (Post DPCI numbers for the OP!)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3789 replies to this topic

#31 scp89

scp89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:56 PM

i picked up a copy of dragon ball z burstlimit for the ps3....i don't really need it so feel free to PM with trades/offers...I could really use a 360 HD

#32 Shady3011

Shady3011

Posted 30 September 2008 - 07:02 PM

No price drops for anything I wanted this week. The price that shows up on the self check scanner is tied to the same database as the register, correct?

#33 pjh898

pjh898

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 07:02 PM

Damn my target. I've been waiting for Eye of Judgment to go down to $30 from $48 for the last three weeks and now you're telling me people are getting it for $17! Hopefully the employees won't snatch it up like they did the GTA IV SE.

#34 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 07:10 PM

Beijing PS3 - $12.48

#35 bobphone

bobphone

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 07:16 PM

We should be able to categorize Targets by now. I mean, there's no way the markdowns are random. There are probably about 3 or 4 different "types" of Targets. If we figure that out, we can figure out exactly when our local stores will have certain prices.

#36 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 07:23 PM

Was at target today and saw these, SPG MO.
NBA 2k8> 7.48 picked it up
Lost Odyssey> 14.98
Skate> 14.98
Dragonball> 29.98

PS3
Unreal> 19.98
Smackdown> 19.98
Bourne> 14.98
Dragonball> 29.98
EOJ w/camera> 34.98

A few others

1.pngdefault.png IMAG0005.jpg

#37 profits_of_doom

profits_of_doom

Posted 30 September 2008 - 07:24 PM

saw eye of judgement for the $17 price, gta iv SE for 44, and scene it for 14.98 ended up getting skate 360 for 14.98

#38 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 07:26 PM

We should be able to categorize Targets by now. I mean, there's no way the markdowns are random. There are probably about 3 or 4 different "types" of Targets. If we figure that out, we can figure out exactly when our local stores will have certain prices.

I think it depends on the employee who actually does the markdowns. One of the Targets in my area, suddenly changed the day on which they do markdowns. They used to do them on Mondays. I still haven't figured out which day they do them now. Most of the time, this Target would always start clearance at 50%. Now they still have DBZ at $41.98 and GTA:SE 360 at $62.98.

I missed out on RE:UC, MP3 and Bully all for the Wii at this Target because of the change. Found Bully at another Target and traded for MP3 but have had no luck with RE:UC.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Games Beaten: 2012 2011 2010 2009

#39 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 07:27 PM

I don't think it's that easy. When I worked at Target, I worked briefly at this old azz Target who received markdowns fairly quickly. Then they closed up shop, and built a new one nearby and made it the district store for the area. It was also close to a mall, probably meaning better sales. The new store now is probably the slowest dropping store ever. When the price change teams get the new drops, they come from corporate, who probably determine how fast the drops should come based on the store's perfomance. If they can milk the clearance and sell stuff at a higher price, they will.
At least, that's my opinion. We won't be able to figure out anything specific. It is safe to say that when you see an item drop, the soonest it will drop will be two weeks from that date, if not longer. I don't think I've ever seen an item drop, then drop again the next Monday.

Oh, btw, I went to the Target on Arizona Avenue and Warner in Chandler, AZ. Tons and tons of Scene It for 14.98. I picked up a couple for some other CAGs-- check the Target trading topic for more details.

Edited by Friend of Sonic, 30 September 2008 - 07:44 PM.

You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#40 Soujiro_Seta

Soujiro_Seta

Restless Soul

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 07:32 PM

I picked up singstar amped for $13 drove home then decided to bring it back. I figured I might as well just wait for rock band 2. Other than that no drops on anything else. Unreal has been $20 for weeks now I wish it would drop 1 more time then I'd pick it up.

#41 chris mrozek

chris mrozek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 07:46 PM

Nothing at the White Plains, NY Target.

I actually picked up Warhawk with headset for 29.99 (I think this was probably a mistake on their part, although there was a few copies on the shelf behind the price tag, it ran up at 49.99 but they price corrected) I also picked up Buzz Mega Quiz with controllers for 9.95.
This was all at the White Plains store.

#42 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 07:51 PM

Going to target later on thanks to EoJ drop, willing to bet hoarders already took everything and I mean everything.

My bet was right, picked clean. Though there was one particular item hiding. GTAIV SE for the 360, picked it up for my brother.

#43 Enron

Enron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:02 PM

sacsquash, jealous of your target location. Mine's are always cleaned out (darn bay area people *waves*).

Where do find the DPCI number?

Mine are real challenges as well. I am locked in a struggle against all the nerds at 4 colleges for clearance games. Emory/Georgia State/Georgia Tech near my house, and Southern Tech near my workplace. Not to mention the hordes of atlanta CAGs.

#44 bobphone

bobphone

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:03 PM

Warhawk bundle is $29.99 at all Targets. It's a regular markdown, not a clearance.

#45 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:06 PM

Warhawk bundle is $29.99 at all Targets. It's a regular markdown, not a clearance.

I checked that one today on the scanner and it was still 49.99.

1.pngdefault.png IMAG0005.jpg

#46 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:42 PM

Big score for me today. I went to the Target that I NEVER go to because they usually don't have anything. Found LO, Scene It, and Grid for $14! Saw Skate at the same price but passed. I've already spent WAY too much this month. Anyways they had a ton of copies of LO, but I grabbed the last Scene It and Grid. I'm a happy camper today! :)
Currently Playing:

Onlive ID: Hand2Gland - Add Me!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Two wrongs don't make a right, I suppose, but three rights make a left and it makes me feel like the goddamn Batman.

#47 neudog

neudog

Airborne!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:44 PM

It was like this two weeks ago at my Target, but they've knocked back up to $49.99.
:bouncy:HAPPY GAMING:bouncy:
Tradelist Posted ImageThere is no need to fight, there are items for all:-P
Perrin Kaplan on Sex/Violence in Games -"Parents who use video games as a babysitter shouldn't have sex to begin with"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#48 toneroni

toneroni

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:46 PM

grid was 29.99 at mine =(

Currently Playing: Ultimate MvC3, USF4  :ps3:  Persona 3: FES  :ps2:   Hot Shots Golf :vita:  SMT1, Marvel Puzzle Quest

Best Gaming Memories: Super SF2 and Killer Instinct on X-Band for SNES (online play w/little lag in the 90s!), FF4+6, SF2 (arcade), MVC2 (DC), Goldeneye + Perfect Dark (N64), Starcraft Broodwars
Too many games in my backlog...not enough time!

#49 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:47 PM

grid was 29.99 at mine =(

Try again early Monday, if you can.
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#50 headac3e

headac3e

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:59 PM

I checked that one today on the scanner and it was still 49.99.

I picked one up a couple of weeks ago for 29.99 with headset. It was outside the glass case on the clearance shelves. Scanned and rung up as 29.99. Didn't check out at the electronics section.

Today saw Bourne :ps3: for $29.99 :(

#51 galvatron2k1

galvatron2k1

I'm Broke Bitch!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:01 PM

Went in looking for DBZ and Bourne for PS3 and they were still both 29.98. Didn't see a Grid or Scene It but they had at least 4 Lost Odyssey's for 14.98. Passed since I have it already.

#52 Jesse757x

Jesse757x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:12 PM

I actually picked up Warhawk with headset for 29.99 (I think this was probably a mistake on their part, although there was a few copies on the shelf behind the price tag, it ran up at 49.99 but they price corrected) I also picked up Buzz Mega Quiz with controllers for 9.95.
This was all at the White Plains store.

Same thing happened to me with warhawk. I knew it was going to ring up at 49.99 but the price under it was 29.99 so they just adjusted it.

it's 29.99 for the game only version but the headset version is 49.99.

#53 heybtbm

heybtbm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:13 PM

Continuing my question from the last Target Clearance thread...

I scanned the Lost Odyessy UPC this afternoon...it's still $41.98! WTF! I have no idea what's going on. This Target is usually pretty decent on keeping up with the clearance prices nationwide.

#54 D4rkewolfe

D4rkewolfe

Henshin a Gomu-Gomu Baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:28 PM

Well, seeing as it is always YMMV...your Target just isn't lowering the price.

#55 yukafls

yukafls

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:52 PM

What is Lost Odyssey about??? Anyone recommend it??
Trade List:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=171114
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#56 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:12 PM

If you like JRPG's it's the one of the best ones in the last 2 years right up there with Tales of Vesperia. It's Mistwalker's good JRPG for 360, the map system and enviroments will feel a little like FFX, great story, and a little bit of Shadow Hearts thrown into the battle system.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#57 joker______

joker______

Careful...Icarus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:15 PM

Lost Odyssey takes place in a world where magic energy is used to drive technological advances, however, such progress has led to war between three rival nations: the monarchy of Numara, the kingdom of Gohtza, and the republic of Uhra, recently changed from a monarchial society.
While most of the population is mortal, five immortal beings have walked among them for the past millennium: Kaim, Seth, Ming, Sarah, and Gongora. The five are spirits that traveled from another world, taking the human forms they have now upon arriving. However, Gongora took the memories from the other four before sending them off along into the world. At the present of the game, none of the four have fully recovered their memories, but they have begun recalling bits of the past.

i bought it at full price so at $15 its a steal so i highly recommend it
Posted Image

#58 babycarlitos

babycarlitos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:24 PM

went to my target n LO was 40 :(

flavarican.png

562023.png

mario64gif.gif mario64gif.gif

must...play...games..

#59 charlescheese

charlescheese

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:28 PM

Mine are real challenges as well. I am locked in a struggle against all the nerds at 4 colleges for clearance games. Emory/Georgia State/Georgia Tech near my house, and Southern Tech near my workplace. Not to mention the hordes of atlanta CAGs.

I'm so lucky, the Target near my house is out of the way, and I can get almost any clearance game there, assuming they have any in stock when the clearance starts. I love my Target... \\:D/:beer:

#60 flop

flop

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:30 PM

This isn't listed, but I saw Guild Wars GOTY edition for PC for $15. Sorry didn't get the DCPI. it was weird cuz i didn't see Factions tagged on clearance. I would of scanned it, but I only found out it was listed on clearance when I got home.