Photo
- - - - -

Target Clearance Thread XII (Post DPCI numbers for the OP!)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3789 replies to this topic

#991 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2008 - 07:41 PM

You can never rule out getting ANY game for 75% off. It is possible, very much so. In fact, someone even got the Madden CE for 22.48. That's fairly impressive right there.

Yea, if something isn't moving off shelves quickly at retail it will get clearanced regardless of what game it is. Especially at this time of the year when there are a ton of releases for the upcoming holiday season. Most games sell the first few weeks after release and will only sell after that point if there is a promotion or a price cut. I just see Pure as a game very similar to Grid where they both got good reviews, but ultimately are just going to get lost in the shuffle.

Let's go Pens!

#992 erectiontown

erectiontown

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2008 - 07:43 PM

Yea, if something isn't moving off shelves quickly at retail it will get clearanced regardless of what game it is. Especially at this time of the year when there are a ton of releases for the upcoming holiday season. Most games sell the first few weeks after release and will only sell after that point if there is a promotion or a price cut. I just see Pure as a game very similar to Grid where they both got good reviews, but ultimately are just going to get lost in the shuffle.

very true... what's baffling is that some games stick around forever. By target's standards, Army of Two should be long gone by now, but it's still $50 at all my targets

#993 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 14 October 2008 - 08:01 PM

Here's hoping that Saints Row 2 drops fast. I'd absolutely go ecstatic to get that on clearance.
My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)

#994 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2008 - 08:03 PM

very true... what's baffling is that some games stick around forever. By target's standards, Army of Two should be long gone by now, but it's still $50 at all my targets

I think if games get a retail price cut they tend to stick around and stay out of the clearance bin a bit longer. That said NCAA March Madness 08 for 360 is still on shelves out here for $59.99. :wall: How does that happen? You are telling me that is moving units?

Let's go Pens!

#995 Veronica Mars

Veronica Mars

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2008 - 08:37 PM

I've been seeing a "new" Madden game lately. I haven't paid attention, but I remember Madden XX SE.
What's that?

#996 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2008 - 08:48 PM

I grabbed a New International Track and Field for the DS at the Elmhurst, NY Target for 14.98. There was one left.

#997 SteveMcQ

SteveMcQ

I love Panda!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2008 - 09:05 PM

I've been seeing a "new" Madden game lately. I haven't paid attention, but I remember Madden XX SE.
What's that?

It's the Madden 20th Anniversary Collector's Edition. It has Madden 09 and NFL Head Coach 09 bundled together along with a playable version of Madden '93 and some videos and normal CE content.

#998 Veronica Mars

Veronica Mars

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2008 - 09:28 PM

It's the Madden 20th Anniversary Collector's Edition. It has Madden 09 and NFL Head Coach 09 bundled together along with a playable version of Madden '93 and some videos and normal CE content.

That one is not on sale, right?

#999 shoe478

shoe478

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2008 - 09:46 PM

That one is not on sale, right?

If you would have checked the first post, which Friend of Sonic keeps well updated, you would have seen that the ps3 version is on clearance. You did not mention which console version you saw so we have no way of knowing if it is on clearance or not.

#1000 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2008 - 09:57 PM

Picked up the last :360: Scene It at the CSUF store for $14.98 today. I found a copy that appeared out of nowhere last week, but it rang up at $29.98. I thought they were long gone (there were 6 or 7 of them at $41.98 one week and were then gone), and I'd reserved myself to buy it at $14.98. Lo and behold, it managed to survive until today and rang up at $14.98 without a clearance tag. Should be a fun party game and one that I can get my girlfriend into.

Does anyone know if they'll be selling the new version as game only? I'd hate to have to get another set of controllers.

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#1001 shoe478

shoe478

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2008 - 10:01 PM

Does anyone know if they'll be selling the new version as game only? I'd hate to have to get another set of controllers.

Amazon is showing a listing for the software only.

#1002 MC Hampster

MC Hampster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2008 - 10:06 PM

Yes, they're offering a game only version at $40 and the full package (4 controllers) at $60.

#1003 Veronica Mars

Veronica Mars

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2008 - 10:34 PM

If you would have checked the first post, which Friend of Sonic keeps well updated, you would have seen that the ps3 version is on clearance. You did not mention which console version you saw so we have no way of knowing if it is on clearance or not.

Opps, I forgot.
Xbox 360.

I do check the first post, I guess I just missed stuff.

#1004 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2008 - 10:38 PM

Battle of the Bands (Wii) is $7.98

Has anyone played this? Is it worth trying, or is it as crappy as I've heard?

#1005 rolliauctions

rolliauctions

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2008 - 10:45 PM

Battle of the Bands (Wii) is $7.98

Has anyone played this? Is it worth trying, or is it as crappy as I've heard?

I rented it before...for $7.98 it's worth it.

#1006 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2008 - 10:54 PM

I just see Pure as a game very similar to Grid where they both got good reviews, but ultimately are just going to get lost in the shuffle.

I don't think it helped that for some time after I started seeing mentions of a game called "Pure" I kept saying to myself, "what kind of game is that?" Does the name have some meaning that I would instantly get if I was in the ATV culture? I finally looked it up, but I could see how somebody who might be interested in the genre could be ignorant of this game for some time if they didn't happen to see the cover art.

#1007 mrmike

mrmike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2008 - 12:02 AM

Ima chime in on Pure here. It is a great game and everybody should get it. It's just really polished and just plain fun. imo of course. I would like the dev to keep going as they got the tech down.

#1008 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2008 - 12:28 AM

- saw :ps3: bourne conspiracy at 14.98 on my last endcap walk.
-:360: frontlines: fuel of war is still at 41.98 (has been for almost a month now)

:pc: alone in the dark 7.48 & devil may cry 4 at 29.98

#1009 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2008 - 12:43 AM

WOO! My burried Lost Odyssey FINALLY dropped to 14.99!!! Also saw and passed on No More Heroes for 20, which will hopefully drop once more (if not, I'm not super pissed). And yeah, what's up with Pure? I enjoyed the demo well enough. If it drops enough, I'll def. pick it up. I think it was 4x.xx?
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#1010 RatchetJunkie20

RatchetJunkie20

Posted 15 October 2008 - 01:23 AM

I was cruising the electronics section at Target today looking for some new video games to take to my anime club's game day at my old college. I bought GOW for $4, Singstar 90's (game only) for $14 and a Buzz game (complete with the four buzzers) for $20. I'm going back either tomorrow or Friday before I head into work to get Singstar 90's and Buzz.

#1011 sunnysky

sunnysky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2008 - 03:47 AM

well, I did find Pure on clearance. However, it was the ps3 version, and it was 41.98.
Oh well. I'll just keep looking.
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/Falso+Reality"][/URL]

#1012 Dijital

Dijital

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2008 - 04:18 AM

Wonder if my Target still has Lost Odyssey - never saw it on clearence but I haven't looked either - have to check it out!
Posted Image

#1013 argyle

argyle

Posted 15 October 2008 - 04:19 AM

My Target's been doing strange lately. Items (not just games) will drop VERY slowly, they'll have quite a few of whatever it is left, then the Monday that I expect them to finally drop to the price point I'm waiting on...they vanish. Happened a couple weeks ago w/ Bourne, they had at least 4-5 of them then when they should have hit the $15 mark, gone. Today I went checking for one of the Harmony remotes that had been slowly dropping, and THEY'RE gone. Either I'm having really bad luck (and a lot of other people are keeping a sharp eye on those endcaps) or they're sending the stuff off instead of giving the final price cut.

At any rate, I did score the last copy of Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit for the PS3 for $14.98. They had one copy of Lost Odyssey for the same price, but I passed on it as I've already beaten it (and sold it back off).
Posted Image

#1014 Veronica Mars

Veronica Mars

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2008 - 05:20 AM

My Target's been doing strange lately. Items (not just games) will drop VERY slowly, they'll have quite a few of whatever it is left, then the Monday that I expect them to finally drop to the price point I'm waiting on...they vanish. Happened a couple weeks ago w/ Bourne, they had at least 4-5 of them then when they should have hit the $15 mark, gone. Today I went checking for one of the Harmony remotes that had been slowly dropping, and THEY'RE gone. Either I'm having really bad luck (and a lot of other people are keeping a sharp eye on those endcaps) or they're sending the stuff off instead of giving the final price cut.

At any rate, I did score the last copy of Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit for the PS3 for $14.98. They had one copy of Lost Odyssey for the same price, but I passed on it as I've already beaten it (and sold it back off).

Same at my store.
I'm lucky if items reach 50%

#1015 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2008 - 12:41 PM

I saw Lost Odyssey for $9.98 at my store....I passed as I have no interest in the game. I should've bought to flip though...oh well.

#1016 TheLastGunslinger

TheLastGunslinger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2008 - 01:00 PM

There's posting on the front page about cheap games from Amazon via Target. Heavenly Sword is already sold out, does anyone know if that price is available in store as well?

#1017 Jesse757x

Jesse757x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2008 - 02:11 PM

Ima chime in on Pure here. It is a great game and everybody should get it. It's just really polished and just plain fun. imo of course. I would like the dev to keep going as they got the tech down.

Hows the online? I rented it and the most people I had in a race was 3 or 4. I would probably pick it up for 15.

#1018 nlyonssmith

nlyonssmith

Long time lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2008 - 02:45 PM

There's posting on the front page about cheap games from Amazon via Target. Heavenly Sword is already sold out, does anyone know if that price is available in store as well?

It is but good luck finding it. It went down to 75% clearance months ago.

#1019 oxidative

oxidative

last chance to evacuate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2008 - 03:09 PM

Nothing exciting last night. Frontlines for 360 is still ~$42 as well. The Logitech remotes are moving slowly at $50. Hopefully one will make it to $25 :)

edit: my Co-Worker just showed up and thanked me for telling him about the $50 remotes. He picked one up last night and was blown away.

Edited by oxidative, 15 October 2008 - 03:28 PM.

#1020 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2008 - 03:10 PM

the Target near me seems to do this as well

also I think some things never seem to even get put out to clearance to begin with