Photo
- - - - -

Target Clearance Thread XII (Post DPCI numbers for the OP!)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3789 replies to this topic

#1051 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 16 October 2008 - 01:26 PM

Hm, is Target carrying the Collector's Edition of Saints Row 2? I didn't see it on my last trip.
My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)

#1052 wii skiier

wii skiier

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2008 - 02:58 PM

OK, so it's not just me then. The same exact thing started happening at Targets around me around six months ago too. Pretty much all of the cool 50%+ off deals talked about here are never possible, since games at my stores seem to reach about 25% off and then they are gone. At first I thought that there are just really proactive buyers living around me, but that can't account for every single copy of every clearance game being gone so consistently.

My favorite store started salvaging games at 75% off about six months ago. It used to let them go all the way to 90% or just keep them on the shelf out-of-system. It's a really old and kind of run-down store - I think it's actually slated to be torn down or completely redone in the next year or so, which means I can say goodbye to clearance deals. In my experience, the new/redone stores don't clearance anything as quickly or keep it on the shelf long once it is clearanced.

#1053 ron17509

ron17509

Posted 16 October 2008 - 06:35 PM

wondering if anyone can still get a copy of scene it for 14.xx or less willing to front with paypal, also interested in GTA IV and Lost Odyssey, I cant get anything around here Bully is still 21.xx!!!

#1054 mikeyme

mikeyme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2008 - 07:25 PM

theres still alot of scene it in the baldwin park target in so cal. Been unlucky cuz i wanted to pick up DBZ... havent found one around that area.

#1055 Derrick1979

Derrick1979

For the love of GAMING!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2008 - 07:26 PM

wondering if anyone can still get a copy of scene it for 14.xx or less willing to front with paypal, also interested in GTA IV and Lost Odyssey, I cant get anything around here Bully is still 21.xx!!!

Speaking of Bully does anyone know if it is still as buggy as it was at launch for the 360? So if so do you still need to go on live and download the patch to fix it?

Thanks

#1056 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2008 - 07:29 PM

Speaking of Bully does anyone know if it is still as buggy as it was at launch for the 360? So if so do you still need to go on live and download the patch to fix it?

Thanks

No, it works well without the patch on all but the earliest 360 models. I have a launch 360 and the patch took care of the minor freezing issues I was having.

#1057 jdeluis

jdeluis

Now In Stereo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2008 - 07:42 PM

Los Angeles Target location only had
Madden 09(DS) for $20.98
Frontline: Fuel of War: $41.98 (Can be found for $30 at Best Buy)

They also had Wii in stock (3 available) and Wii Fit.

Los Angeles Target is one of the worst locations to be looking for Electronic clearance.

#1058 Veronica Mars

Veronica Mars

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2008 - 08:32 PM

Bridge-point Target (S.Mateo) had NOTHING!
The guy working in electronic is cool, but he was telling me that some guy comes and buys clearance games the day they drop, in bulk.

Just FYI, for people who live around there.

#1059 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:19 PM

Props to posters in this thread who informed me about this DPCI business. Saw SceneIt in the cabinet marked at $30. I wouldn't have bothered to get them to unlock it and scan it just on the chance it dropped and they hadn't relabeled it - but I was able to make out the DPCI and enter it in a scanner. Voila, $15. I was surprised: normally the clearance price labels at my local Targets are pretty accurate.

#1060 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:25 PM

Am I the only who saw Pure and Facebreaker clearanced before this past Monday? I was at a Target on Saturday and they were already down to $41 and $34 respectively.

#1061 Homerun17

Homerun17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:28 PM

I saw Wario Master of Disguise for 20.98 about 10 copies

and International Track and Field for 14.98

#1062 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:36 PM

Am I the only who saw Pure and Facebreaker clearanced before this past Monday? I was at a Target on Saturday and they were already down to $41 and $34 respectively.

I saw Facebreaker for $30 clearanced yesterday, so no, it is not only you.

Posted Image

I am currently playing the following games-
Xbox 360- Gears of War Judgment

I am currently watching the following shows -
Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -
The Wheel of Time/A Memory of Light- Robert Jordan

#1063 solidrock

solidrock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:49 PM

I thought it was miss priced but my Target has GRID for 360 at $14.98. I picked that sucker up quick since I know it won't be there long.
Posted Image

#1064 Segasonic01

Segasonic01

Sonic Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2008 - 10:05 PM

Scored 2x Bourne (PS3) & one DBZ (360) for $14.98. I had to leave about 4 Lost Odysees because I didnt have enough money. Also left a Track & Field, wanna wait for the $7.48 drop. Pyramid head + track = win.

#1065 tiffany360

tiffany360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2008 - 10:26 PM

Finally found Sceneit at the 14.xx price. For those of ya in the Cleveland area, there's still a couple left at the Elyria store. I think all the other westside stores are sold out. I can't believe all the stores sold out of Grid at $29.xx How depressing

#1066 Derrick1979

Derrick1979

For the love of GAMING!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2008 - 10:42 PM

wow went to a target today and Frontlines on the 360 is still at $41.98 after like 3 months :roll: Do they not get nationwide price drop notices?

and I figured I struck gold by looking the DS section and seeing Avanced Wars:DOR,Zelda:PH,Proffessor Layton.... Well low and behold all full retail still.. Target has been the worst place for me to get in on the good items because they are so slow to bring stuff down and as soon as they do drop the hoarders snag everything up around me.....

#1067 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2008 - 12:35 AM

Looks like they had Wii's in stock today. Saw some at one in Richmond.

Anyone else around the country seeing this over the past couple of weeks? In Richmond, we've had quite a few stores reorganize whole sections of aisles in electronics, wiping out a lot of clearance stuff in the process. These aren't necessarily games but things like external hard drives, headphones, portable dvd players- stuff where more than one type were on clearance.

Any one with some Target contacts know what happened? I know they tend to clear stuff out to Goodwill when it's really low, but a lot of this stuff was just at 30% and hadn't even reached 50%, much less 75%. Anyone hear of the same or know where it went? It seems like they just cleared out whole sections of stuff and it would have been nice to get in on some of that at 50% or 75%

SI

#1068 syrupninja

syrupninja

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:53 AM

Was at the Target at Park and the Tollway in Plano, TX today. Nothing major.

:360: Frontlines: Fuel of War still $41.98 1 copy
:ps3:MLB 08 The Show $41.98 2 copies

and some random Wii and DS games that I didn't look at. Only one crappy endcap.
Posted Image

#1069 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2008 - 01:39 PM

I saw Facebreaker for $30 clearanced yesterday, so no, it is not only you.

Yesterday would be AFTER Monday (markdown day)... I'm saying I saw it Saturday.

#1070 Rozz

Rozz

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:06 PM

For some reason my stores drops the prices a week later than what you guys report here... I'm aware that everything's YMMV, but is there a reason they do this (it's in the middle of the city, so high traffic perhaps?).

I support Rozz 100%.

#1071 kjauburn

kjauburn

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:17 PM

For some reason my stores drops the prices a week later than what you guys report here... I'm aware that everything's YMMV, but is there a reason they do this (it's in the middle of the city, so high traffic perhaps?).

Its been said before, but its been awhile. Target typically drops prices based on store volume for the most part. For instance a lower volume store will be at 70%, mid volume store 50%, and high volume store 30%. Recently as several people noted the typically clearance rules seem to have been changing. For instance I have a store near me with 12 PS3 Unreal sitting at $19.98 for 4 weeks now. In the past they would have gone $9.98 3 weeks ago and salvaged 2 weeks ago. The same thing has happend to toys lately where items didnt drop as they normally do.

#1072 kkt

kkt

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2008 - 03:51 PM

Does anyone still see any copy of Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli for the PS3 on clearance at Target any more? Up until two weeks ago, I saw at several Targets around the Twin Cities, MN area (e.g., Plymouth, Maple Grove, Minnetonka, etc.) PS3 copies of the game marked at $41.xx with the red price stickers and the PS2 version $27.xx. Now, none of these Targets seem to have the PS3 version in stock. The price of the PS2 version was still $27.xx when I checked yeterday so I doubt the PS3 version had dropped further in price. Oh well, maybe even at $41.xx, the game was a steal for some people.

#1073 bravesfan25

bravesfan25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2008 - 04:04 PM

are the clearance games in a bin or are they in the glass case with the other games?

#1074 shoe478

shoe478

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2008 - 04:12 PM

are the clearance games in a bin or are they in the glass case with the other games?

They are either on an endcap or in the glass case. Clearance games will usually have a red price sticker on them.

#1075 shoe478

shoe478

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2008 - 04:19 PM

Does anyone still see any copy of Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli for the PS3 on clearance at Target any more? Up until two weeks ago, I saw at several Targets around the Twin Cities, MN area (e.g., Plymouth, Maple Grove, Minnetonka, etc.) PS3 copies of the game marked at $41.xx with the red price stickers and the PS2 version $27.xx. Now, none of these Targets seem to have the PS3 version in stock. The price of the PS2 version was still $27.xx when I checked yeterday so I doubt the PS3 version had dropped further in price. Oh well, maybe even at $41.xx, the game was a steal for some people.

I've only seen the ps2 version. I checked the Target inventory with the ASIN and it showed as Not Available at every store in my area. I also checked Target.com, the DPCI starts with 241 meaning that they only sell it online.

#1076 Guest_strongpimphand_*

Guest_strongpimphand_*

Posted 17 October 2008 - 04:52 PM

[207-22-0156] Grand Theft Auto IV Special Edition (added 09-10-08) (price updated: 09-28-08)

89 dollars still at the hattiesburg target :(

#1077 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2008 - 05:41 PM

Target typically drops prices based on store volume for the most part. For instance a lower volume store will be at 70%, mid volume store 50%, and high volume store 30%. Recently as several people noted the typically clearance rules seem to have been changing.

Yes, there are exceptions: there are two Targets within a quarter mile of each other here, and yesterday I found the same clearance items (non-gaming) marked lower at what I'm pretty sure is the higher volume store.

Of course, maybe the volume that matters is the volume of that product or category, more so than the overall store volume.

#1078 acdcrocks1980

acdcrocks1980

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2008 - 05:50 PM

For any MN CAGs I just called the Bufallo Target, the guy said they have about 50 Scene It's for 15. But the St. Cloud Target only has 1 GTA4 and its still 45.

#1079 cheapskate01

cheapskate01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2008 - 06:22 PM

If you can't find it elsewhere..

The Eye of Judgment ps3- 34.98
http://www.target.co...rh=k:eye&page=1

Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit ps3- 14.98
http://www.target.co...st limit&page=1

The Bourne Conspiracy ps3- 14.98
http://www.target.co...6:$0-$24&page=1

The Club ps3- 14.98
http://www.target.co...6:$0-$24&page=1

All ps3 games under $25
http://www.target.co...&rh=p_36:$0-$24

All xbox360 games under $25
http://www.target.co...=2&fromBrowse=1

All wii games under $25
http://www.target.co...&rh=p_36:$0-$24

Edited by cheapskate01, 17 October 2008 - 06:40 PM.

#1080 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2008 - 06:23 PM

wow sweet seems like Target is doing this more often now! Don't forget to add burst limit to that list!

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)