Photo
- - - - -

Contest (CAG Foreplay #54): Win Ultimate Ghosts 'N Goblins (PSP)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

#1 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:16 AM

As detailed in CAG Foreplay Podcast #54, we have a used copy of Ultimate Ghosts 'N Goblins for the PSP to give away courtesy of CAG Robjus.

Listen to the show for details on how to win (or just copy the trend that you see forming of those that actually listened)! Winner will be announced on the next CAG Foreplay. A winner will be chosen at random.

Thanks again for the prize CAG Robjus!

Good luck everyone!
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#2 Dr Mario Kart

Dr Mario Kart

SD/2D Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:26 AM

The hardest game I've ever beaten is the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES). I was probably 7 years old. I had never gotten all that far before, but then one day I just got in some weird groove and cleared the entire game. It was off the hook.

I gave up on Battletoads (NES). I did beat it, but I'm pretty sure we had to cheat with a Game Genie. That game was ridiculous.

#3 AkariK

AkariK

マスタースパーク

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:15 AM

Hardest game I've beaten was probably Ninja Gaiden for the original Xbox. And on normal difficulty... Another one, for kicks, was Double Dragon 3 for NES. No game genie, no codes, just one day I got lucky and managed to beat it (every other time I played it, I lost on the level before the last level, so the time I DID beat it, I was panicking because I had never seen the last level before and didn't know what to expect).

A game I completely admitted defeat to was Rad Gravity for NES. Right before I sold off my NES, I went back to play a few games from the list. I whizzed through a bunch of them, got owned by a few more, but Rad Gravity has always, always been a black mark on my list. It's a 2d platformer/action game with mini collection aspects, and it was just stupid hard. I used Game Genie for infinite lives but could never get past the Volcania level as a kid. When I tried it again much much later (and grown up), I looked online for a password to get to the last level, and couldn't even get past the first few screens. Needless to say, this is one game I have never beaten and never will.

#4 Chrisness

Chrisness

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:18 AM

I remember the final stages of Mega Man X and X2 being really hard.

I remember giving up on some boss in Metal Arms: Glitch in the system but I think I just bought another game because I didn't really give it many trys i remember.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I play Halo 3, Rainbow Six, SSBB, Carcassonne, Worms, others online. PM me to play SSBB, send friend request to play Xbox Live.

#5 jinxedronin

jinxedronin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:42 AM

The hardest game for me was the original Ghosts and Goblins. You only have two hits in this entire game, and there are tons of bad guys to come after you. Once you've beaten the final level, you gotta start the whole game all over again! This game still haunts me. I would say, Top Gun was a close second....damn aircraft carrier.

#6 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:03 AM

Hardest game I've ever beaten? For some reason, all that's swimming around in my mind right now are GBA and PS2 games. So, on the GBA front I can remember beating Ninja Five-O on normal; the first three levels were easy, but the last two required many restarts, due to the fact that your health was only partially refilled between levels, and also due to the difficult final boss.
Spoiler
On the PS2 front, I'd say King of Fighters XI, since Magaki was an incredibly difficult boss, even for a series known for cheap Final Bosses (Namely Rugal and Goenitz).

Tough games I've given up on? Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Golgo 13: Top Secret Episode, all for the NES, come to mind. For TMNT, it was usually around the infamous Dam level, where you had to disable the time bombs and avoid the plentiful electric seaweed. For Golgo, I could stand the vague directions and poor dodging mechanics (No ducking, even though your enemies could do so), but when I got to the first featureless first-person maze, any fun I had with the game turned into frustrating boredom.

Edited by Cao Cao, 01 October 2008 - 09:34 AM.

#7 Renaissance 2K

Renaissance 2K

*nom nom nom*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:52 AM

The sad thing I realized as I combed through my collection is that my difficult games usually beat me before I beat them. I own plenty of difficult games, but I've completed very few of them.

That being said, the hardest game I've ever beaten - and probably the last difficult game I've actually beaten - was FreQuency for the PS2. For those who haven't heard of it, it's the ancestor to Guitar Hero and Rock Band. Same racetrack game design, but using a standard controller and a strong focus on electronic music. The game was digital crack.

Despite having terrible reflexes and shaky fingers, by some fluke of physics, I managed to beat every song on every difficulty, including the blistering final secret track. To this day, as I struggle with Hard difficulty on Guitar Hero and Rock Band, I wonder how on Earth I pulled it off back in the day. My fingers get tied in knots by the end of the first phrase when I attempt it now.
Posted Image

#8 robbyH

robbyH

The King of EVILLLLL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:58 AM

Hardest game I beat was X-men for genesis. It took me a few times to realize I needed to press the reset button to beat the next to last level.

#9 Prowl

Prowl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 12:11 PM

Hardest game i have beaten was Mega Man 1. I don't know how I am going to beat 9 though. Yikes!
Xbox Gamertag: Prowl

PSN Network ID: Prowl

#10 Flexei

Flexei

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 12:43 PM

Hardest game I've ever beaten was Shinobi for the PS2. I spent HOURS fighting the final boss over and over... but my final victory was so glorious.

#11 UjnHunter

UjnHunter

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:28 PM

I already own Ultimate Gn'G for the PSP so I'm not going to answer the question, because I don't need to win it. ;) However I wanted to say that the game is Awsome... but probably the HARDEST game ever... ;)
-Ujn Hunter
Posted Image

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
PS3: Dead Or Alive 5
PSP Vita: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Wii U: Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
iOS: After Burner Climax

#12 HuBu

HuBu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:44 PM

final boss of ninja gaiden on the xbox. couldn't beat him until i watch my roommate used the cheapest trick ever to defeat the guy. he just did the dash slice back and forth.

very frustrating.

3DS FC 2964 8633 0039 (Send PM if you added me)

#13 misterine

misterine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:43 PM

Hardest game I've beaten.. was battletoads... I had a bet with my friend I can beat the game and i did.. i won 20 bucks :]!
Hardest game i've played and given up was DR mario.. i keep trying to do lvl 20.. just too hard

Edited by misterine, 01 October 2008 - 04:59 PM.

#14 zaw73

zaw73

Nothing to see here...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:55 PM

Hardest game I ever beat Ninja Gaiden Sigma and the game I gave up that still haunts me was Afterburner for the Sega Master System, always got to the end guy/ship and always died... I cringe every time I see it on my Sega emulator.

#15 misterine

misterine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:45 PM

rofls.. hey there Delilah whats it like in new york city...

not alota music listeners eh

#16 ffxx

ffxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:51 PM

Hardest game I've ever beaten was Jaleco's pro-soccer for Famicom. It was very hard for me to win the cup then.

#17 DarkKenpachi

DarkKenpachi

Nupe 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:59 PM

I would say the hardest game for me to beat was Golgo 13 on nintendo. the game was kinda hard but after the one maze in rio de janiero it got silly with all the back and forth.

The toughest game I gave up on was the Original Super Mario Brothers. Everyone may say this game was easy but for some reason on 8-4 I could never get past it. After stepping away for years and beating many other games I finally came back and beat it so many years later. You guys can laugh but SMB was my unicorn for a long time. lol
Blessed to be still standing after it all.

#18 juvo

juvo

Less affluent audience

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:28 PM

To this day, I fondly recall finally conquering Contra III ... after many, many smashed controllers.

#19 bryankot

bryankot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:29 PM

dragon warrior 4 was the hardest game that I ever beat

#20 Renaissance 2K

Renaissance 2K

*nom nom nom*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:05 PM

I hope we're not penalized for posting twice...

You guys can laugh but SMB was my unicorn for a long time.

Still is my unicorn, dude. Every once in a while, it decides to just prance into my living room and shove its horn up my butt out of spite. Just can't beat it.
Posted Image

#21 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

Molly, Rockin the Doggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:33 PM

Hmm, beat more games when I was a kid than I do now.

I beat Startropics, remember having a heck of time with the last boss and I have "747" burned in my mind.

I gave up on TMNT and Battletoads. Couldnt get past the van level in TMNT but I could get pass the hoverbikes in Battletoads. (Still can, fired it up and I can pass without cheating.)

(Thanks Mega Man 9 for saving me $10, too hard for me. If it was $5 I'd see if there was a level I could beat.)

Edited by my2k2zx2, 01 October 2008 - 09:44 PM.

If its free, its for me!!

#22 CharlieBrown619

CharlieBrown619

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:08 PM

Hardest game I ever beat would have to be Super Mario Bros. Lost levels, or Super Mario Bros. 2 in Japan. A game I gave up on is Ninja Gaiden 2 for the nes.

#23 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:38 PM

Hardest game I beat had to have been the original Mega Man for the NES. Without the password system, I was forced to keep my NES on for 3 days in order to beat Dr. Wily at the end. When I beat him I gladly jumped for joy. If only it was through some shutters so I could hang in the air for a few seconds.

Hardest game I gave up on was Battletoads. I even used a Game Genie to level warp to 6 (the farthest level you could choose with a Game Genie) and me and my brother couldn't even beat that level, even with infinite lives.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#24 AleetPanda

AleetPanda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:19 PM

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, I just couldn't figure out the puzzles and bosses. It was the first game in my return to gaming.

#25 JMEPO

JMEPO

Drakes Deception

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:29 PM

The later levels of Sonic the hedgehog 2 on the Gensis. It got to the point where the game just gets plain out annoying like that level were you can drown in all that purple goo, grrrr.

#26 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:06 AM

Hardest game I gave up on - NES - The adventures of Bayou Billy

Hardest game I beat - Mega man 2
Posted Image

#27 pelf21

pelf21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:26 AM

ummm.....there have been plenty hard games for me but the one that still hurts is Kingdom Hearts 1....I put like 35hrs in and was at one of the "final" bosses (the super big guy that you had to fly around with peter pan I think....) and I could never beat him....

it hurts......

#28 tmei2006

tmei2006

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:12 AM

Devil May Cry 3 bosses were really difficult and was the hardest game I've beaten.

#29 ItchyD

ItchyD

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2008 - 11:28 AM

The hardest game I ever beat was Megaman 2, I was probably about 11 and the fire level murdered me. I seem to remember you had to fight Dr. Wily with the stupid bubble gun as well. Damn that game was hard.

The game that was so hard I gave up on it was... well lots of them really but I remember being particularly annoyed by Bart Vs. the Space Mutants. DAMN that game is hard.

#30 psychofish

psychofish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2008 - 03:07 PM

mine was I Wanna Be the Guy. hahaha, no i'm just kidding. (but you gotta watch the videos for this, it's pretty ridiculous.)

i get frustrated with really hard games to be honest... i'd have to say i'm very proud of my completes on the donkey kong country series.