Contest (CAG Foreplay #54): Win Ultimate Ghosts 'N Goblins (PSP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
As detailed in CAG Foreplay Podcast #54, we have a used copy of Ultimate Ghosts 'N Goblins for the PSP to give away courtesy of CAG Robjus.

Listen to the show for details on how to win (or just copy the trend that you see forming of those that actually listened)! Winner will be announced on the next CAG Foreplay. A winner will be chosen at random.

Thanks again for the prize CAG Robjus!

Good luck everyone!

The hardest game I've ever beaten is the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES). I was probably 7 years old. I had never gotten all that far before, but then one day I just got in some weird groove and cleared the entire game. It was off the hook.

I gave up on Battletoads (NES). I did beat it, but I'm pretty sure we had to cheat with a Game Genie. That game was ridiculous.

Hardest game I've beaten was probably Ninja Gaiden for the original Xbox. And on normal difficulty... Another one, for kicks, was Double Dragon 3 for NES. No game genie, no codes, just one day I got lucky and managed to beat it (every other time I played it, I lost on the level before the last level, so the time I DID beat it, I was panicking because I had never seen the last level before and didn't know what to expect).

A game I completely admitted defeat to was Rad Gravity for NES. Right before I sold off my NES, I went back to play a few games from the list. I whizzed through a bunch of them, got owned by a few more, but Rad Gravity has always, always been a black mark on my list. It's a 2d platformer/action game with mini collection aspects, and it was just stupid hard. I used Game Genie for infinite lives but could never get past the Volcania level as a kid. When I tried it again much much later (and grown up), I looked online for a password to get to the last level, and couldn't even get past the first few screens. Needless to say, this is one game I have never beaten and never will.

I remember the final stages of Mega Man X and X2 being really hard.

I remember giving up on some boss in Metal Arms: Glitch in the system but I think I just bought another game because I didn't really give it many trys i remember.

The hardest game for me was the original Ghosts and Goblins. You only have two hits in this entire game, and there are tons of bad guys to come after you. Once you've beaten the final level, you gotta start the whole game all over again! This game still haunts me. I would say, Top Gun was a close second....damn aircraft carrier.

Hardest game I've ever beaten? For some reason, all that's swimming around in my mind right now are GBA and PS2 games. So, on the GBA front I can remember beating Ninja Five-O on normal; the first three levels were easy, but the last two required many restarts, due to the fact that your health was only partially refilled between levels, and also due to the difficult final boss.
Also of note, Astro Boy: Omega Factor and Gunstar Super Heroes on all of the difficulty levels, Castlevania Circle of the Moon with minimal grinding, and Phantasy Star in the Phantasy Star Collection (With a lot of running from normal enemies).
On the PS2 front, I'd say King of Fighters XI, since Magaki was an incredibly difficult boss, even for a series known for cheap Final Bosses (Namely Rugal and Goenitz).

Tough games I've given up on? Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Golgo 13: Top Secret Episode, all for the NES, come to mind. For TMNT, it was usually around the infamous Dam level, where you had to disable the time bombs and avoid the plentiful electric seaweed. For Golgo, I could stand the vague directions and poor dodging mechanics (No ducking, even though your enemies could do so), but when I got to the first featureless first-person maze, any fun I had with the game turned into frustrating boredom.

Last edited by a moderator:
The sad thing I realized as I combed through my collection is that my difficult games usually beat me before I beat them. I own plenty of difficult games, but I've completed very few of them.

That being said, the hardest game I've ever beaten - and probably the last difficult game I've actually beaten - was FreQuency for the PS2. For those who haven't heard of it, it's the ancestor to Guitar Hero and Rock Band. Same racetrack game design, but using a standard controller and a strong focus on electronic music. The game was digital crack.

Despite having terrible reflexes and shaky fingers, by some fluke of physics, I managed to beat every song on every difficulty, including the blistering final secret track. To this day, as I struggle with Hard difficulty on Guitar Hero and Rock Band, I wonder how on Earth I pulled it off back in the day. My fingers get tied in knots by the end of the first phrase when I attempt it now.

Hardest game I beat was X-men for genesis. It took me a few times to realize I needed to press the reset button to beat the next to last level.

Hardest game I've ever beaten was Shinobi for the PS2. I spent HOURS fighting the final boss over and over... but my final victory was so glorious.

I already own Ultimate Gn'G for the PSP so I'm not going to answer the question, because I don't need to win it. ;) However I wanted to say that the game is Awsome... but probably the HARDEST game ever... ;)

final boss of ninja gaiden on the xbox. couldn't beat him until i watch my roommate used the cheapest trick ever to defeat the guy. he just did the dash slice back and forth.

very frustrating.

Hardest game I've beaten.. was battletoads... I had a bet with my friend I can beat the game and i did.. i won 20 bucks :]!
Hardest game i've played and given up was DR mario.. i keep trying to do lvl 20.. just too hard

Hardest game I ever beat Ninja Gaiden Sigma and the game I gave up that still haunts me was Afterburner for the Sega Master System, always got to the end guy/ship and always died... I cringe every time I see it on my Sega emulator.

Hardest game I've ever beaten was Jaleco's pro-soccer for Famicom. It was very hard for me to win the cup then.

I would say the hardest game for me to beat was Golgo 13 on nintendo. the game was kinda hard but after the one maze in rio de janiero it got silly with all the back and forth.

The toughest game I gave up on was the Original Super Mario Brothers. Everyone may say this game was easy but for some reason on 8-4 I could never get past it. After stepping away for years and beating many other games I finally came back and beat it so many years later. You guys can laugh but SMB was my unicorn for a long time. lol

I hope we're not penalized for posting twice...

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']You guys can laugh but SMB was my unicorn for a long time.[/QUOTE]

Still is my unicorn, dude. Every once in a while, it decides to just prance into my living room and shove its horn up my butt out of spite. Just can't beat it.

Hmm, beat more games when I was a kid than I do now.

I beat Startropics, remember having a heck of time with the last boss and I have "747" burned in my mind.

I gave up on TMNT and Battletoads. Couldnt get past the van level in TMNT but I could get pass the hoverbikes in Battletoads. (Still can, fired it up and I can pass without cheating.)

(Thanks Mega Man 9 for saving me $10, too hard for me. If it was $5 I'd see if there was a level I could beat.)

Hardest game I ever beat would have to be Super Mario Bros. Lost levels, or Super Mario Bros. 2 in Japan. A game I gave up on is Ninja Gaiden 2 for the nes.

Hardest game I beat had to have been the original Mega Man for the NES. Without the password system, I was forced to keep my NES on for 3 days in order to beat Dr. Wily at the end. When I beat him I gladly jumped for joy. If only it was through some shutters so I could hang in the air for a few seconds.

Hardest game I gave up on was Battletoads. I even used a Game Genie to level warp to 6 (the farthest level you could choose with a Game Genie) and me and my brother couldn't even beat that level, even with infinite lives.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, I just couldn't figure out the puzzles and bosses. It was the first game in my return to gaming.

The later levels of Sonic the hedgehog 2 on the Gensis. It got to the point where the game just gets plain out annoying like that level were you can drown in all that purple goo, grrrr.

ummm.....there have been plenty hard games for me but the one that still hurts is Kingdom Hearts 1....I put like 35hrs in and was at one of the "final" bosses (the super big guy that you had to fly around with peter pan I think....) and I could never beat him....

it hurts......

The hardest game I ever beat was Megaman 2, I was probably about 11 and the fire level murdered me. I seem to remember you had to fight Dr. Wily with the stupid bubble gun as well. Damn that game was hard.

The game that was so hard I gave up on it was... well lots of them really but I remember being particularly annoyed by Bart Vs. the Space Mutants. DAMN that game is hard.

mine was I Wanna Be the Guy. hahaha, no i'm just kidding. (but you gotta watch the videos for this, it's pretty ridiculous.)

i get frustrated with really hard games to be honest... i'd have to say i'm very proud of my completes on the donkey kong country series.

Lots of people have brought up older nes type games. I am going to modernize my gaming woes.

I really wanted to like Lost Planet, but after hours and hours of frustration of getting knocked down and then blasted again before I could move. I had to give up.

Hardest game I have beaten this generation was Call of Duty 4 on Veteran. Alot of trial and error and alot of luck along the way.

Most difficult game I beaten: Ninja Gaiden II on Warrior Mode. The last couple of bosses were brutal and the camera made it worst. But that's not what made it hard for me. I actually missed the Rod which allowed me to play those challenges so my Ryu was weaker than he should be. AND I only had ONE health potion when I fought the last 3 bosses. ONE POTION! Anyone who beat the game will know how hard that was.

Hard game(s) I never beaten: I never won against any of the King of Fighters games in single player mode. The last bosses for all SNK fighters are impossible...

Hard game I never beat:

I guess Mega Man 1 was the hardest I ever beat. Maybe God of War 2 though.

The hardest game that I gave up on was Gunstar Heroes. I got to the last stage and played it over and over and over forever but couldn't ever beat it. Eventually I just turned off my Sega and haven't ever gone back to it.

well the hardest game I would give up on was punchout I just couldn't beat Mike Tyson with that crappy nes controller so I'd hate myself for turning off the system so close to beating it but I would and the hardest game I beat would have to be super punchout Mr. Sandman would give me some trouble but once I would pass him it was a breeze beating Super Macho Man and Nick Bruiser.

MEGAMAN 9, right now it is the hardest game I have played. Its nuts just trying to get through any of the levels. Not to mention getting all of the achievements is going to be impossible.

Hardest game I've ever beaten is probably Ninja Gaiden for Xbox.
Hardest game I've given up on would definitely be Battletoads. That shit is just relentless.

The hardest game I've ever beaten was Phantasy Star 2 on the Sega Genesis. It's like the levels were designed to make you hate yourself, and the frustration gave me grey hairs at the age of 13.

The hardest game I just couldn't complete was would have to be Metal Slug at the arcade. Though truth be told, a lack of more money might have contributed...:)

The hardest game i actually beat was probably god of war 1 and 2 on the highest difficultly settings.

Hardest game i cant beat was bionic commando rearmed. I still need to get the controls down

Most difficult game I've beaten? Leaning towards FFIV Advance Scratch that, Donkey Kong 64.

Game I've given up on? Pikmin. It wasn't that difficult, but the time constraints got downright annoying.

Due to me being a young gamer, I remember getting so frustrated at Super Mario 64 and Banjo and Kazooie for the N64 as a 4-6 year old. I also distincntly remember crying and throwing the controller after I exited out of Banjo and Kazooie for the first time, and it showed a cinematic and after it finished, the words GAME OVER appeared. To this day, I still haven't been bothered to finish it!

the hardest game i ever beaten was time crisis for the ps1. beating it was tough on timed mode with only the amount of lives they give you. plus the light gun wasnt really that awesome.

i gave up on parasite eve on ps1. i played it forever and the last boss kept kicking my ass and eventually i admitted defeat.

Well, the hardest game that I can recall for me to beat was Ninja Gaiden (Xbox). Frustration took over when trying to defeat many of the bosses, I remember when I was stuck for days on a single area of the game.

A game that I have never beat, in all seriousness, is Minesweeper. To this day, I still havent beaten it, years of giving up after 3 rounds, its just too frustrating. While others feel like chucking their controller, I feel like chucking my laptop out the window.

The hardest game I've beaten was Ninja Gaiden for Xbox. It took me about a week to beat the first boss. I don't think I would be able to do it again... in fact I remember I tried the NG Sigma (? whatever the PS3 version is called) demo and wasn't even able to get to the boss in the first place. Those White Storm Shadow ninjas kept kicking my ass.

The game (or is that games) I could never beat was the Advance Wars series. Ever since Advance Wars 2 on GBA, I've been addicted. However I always reach a certain point where the computer gets too damn cheap and I just give up. Each level takes 20-30 minutes to build up your army, and then BOOM the computer just dominates. It gets to the point where I'm just like, holy shit, what am I doing with my time. I recently reached that point with the newest DS Advance Wars and I'm about trade that crap in tomorrow.

Most difficult that I've completed, Contra Shattered Soldiers for the PS2. Took about a month to really get into it. A friend and I made it our goal to remember everything and beat the retarded game.

To difficult that I quit, Shinobi for the PS2. Got to the giant spider boss and it's just insane. If you really want to beat it it would take forever! F that game! There are a bunch of shmups that I got far in and gave up on, but no one would know the japanese names :(

The hardest game that i can remeber playing has to be Wolverine for the NES. If you used his claws it drained your health and if you didnt most enemies were hard to kill. I also remeber horrible jumping which made me fall multiple stories to my death and a large kickback from damage, which had the same result. I havent played in since i was a kid, but i doubt its any better.

The hardest game I have ever beaten Resistance on the hard setting. The hardest game I have never beaten. Diablo for the PS1, I am still tring to beat the thing, I am stuck at a level were as soon as the turn around the concern you have a bunch of guys/creatues caged up but they still can throw poision at you. I am even playing in 2 player mode and can't get past them. I am too stubbern to restart, I know it will reset to a different map but Il get them.. PSN: Indyscooby

The hardest game I ever finished that I can remember would be Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge on the Game Boy. This occurred to me only because I recently tried playing it again and I have no idea how I got through it 17 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back