Photo
- - - - -

Contest (CAG Foreplay #54): Win Ultimate Ghosts 'N Goblins (PSP)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

#31 redrum662

redrum662

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2008 - 04:34 PM

Lots of people have brought up older nes type games. I am going to modernize my gaming woes.

I really wanted to like Lost Planet, but after hours and hours of frustration of getting knocked down and then blasted again before I could move. I had to give up.

Hardest game I have beaten this generation was Call of Duty 4 on Veteran. Alot of trial and error and alot of luck along the way.

#32 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2008 - 06:27 PM

Most difficult game I beaten: Ninja Gaiden II on Warrior Mode. The last couple of bosses were brutal and the camera made it worst. But that's not what made it hard for me. I actually missed the Rod which allowed me to play those challenges so my Ryu was weaker than he should be. AND I only had ONE health potion when I fought the last 3 bosses. ONE POTION! Anyone who beat the game will know how hard that was.

Hard game(s) I never beaten: I never won against any of the King of Fighters games in single player mode. The last bosses for all SNK fighters are impossible...

Hard game I never beat:
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#33 Magitek85

Magitek85

Posted 03 October 2008 - 12:52 AM

I guess Mega Man 1 was the hardest I ever beat. Maybe God of War 2 though.

The hardest game that I gave up on was Gunstar Heroes. I got to the last stage and played it over and over and over forever but couldn't ever beat it. Eventually I just turned off my Sega and haven't ever gone back to it.

#34 empando

empando

Psycho Crusher

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2008 - 03:09 AM

well the hardest game I would give up on was punchout I just couldn't beat Mike Tyson with that crappy nes controller so I'd hate myself for turning off the system so close to beating it but I would and the hardest game I beat would have to be super punchout Mr. Sandman would give me some trouble but once I would pass him it was a breeze beating Super Macho Man and Nick Bruiser.

#35 NateWhs152

NateWhs152

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2008 - 03:38 AM

MEGAMAN 9, right now it is the hardest game I have played. Its nuts just trying to get through any of the levels. Not to mention getting all of the achievements is going to be impossible.

#36 Placebo

Placebo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2008 - 05:13 AM

Hardest game I've ever beaten is probably Ninja Gaiden for Xbox.
Hardest game I've given up on would definitely be Battletoads. That shit is just relentless.
My Trade List

Blogger/Reviewer for HookedGamers.com

Posted Image

Posted Image

#37 MeanSeasons

MeanSeasons

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2008 - 08:48 PM

The hardest game I've ever beaten was Phantasy Star 2 on the Sega Genesis. It's like the levels were designed to make you hate yourself, and the frustration gave me grey hairs at the age of 13.

The hardest game I just couldn't complete was would have to be Metal Slug at the arcade. Though truth be told, a lack of more money might have contributed...:)
Click HERE for my trade list
Currently Playing - Starcraft 2
Currently Reading - The God Delusion
Posted Image

#38 Smallville123

Smallville123

CAGetmedown!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2008 - 12:42 AM

The hardest game i actually beat was probably god of war 1 and 2 on the highest difficultly settings.

Hardest game i cant beat was bionic commando rearmed. I still need to get the controls down

Edited by Smallville123, 06 October 2008 - 03:08 AM.

Insert clever line here......

#39 Darklighter

Darklighter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2008 - 06:52 AM

Most difficult game I've beaten? Leaning towards FFIV Advance Scratch that, Donkey Kong 64.

Game I've given up on? Pikmin. It wasn't that difficult, but the time constraints got downright annoying.

#40 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2008 - 04:35 PM

Hardest game I played...well having not played many games I'd have to say the demo for IWBTG-that's "I Wanna Be The Guy: The Movie: The Game" it's a freeware platformer here's the wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia....anna_Be_The_Guy

the hardest game I beat...well I guess the first Mega Man Zero game >_>

Selling Gamestop coupons - B1G1 Preowned Wii/DS and 25%OFF Preowned

Selling 1600 MSP, 1/3/12 month XBL. 

PM offers.

#41 Sgt.Seedy

Sgt.Seedy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2008 - 02:34 AM

Due to me being a young gamer, I remember getting so frustrated at Super Mario 64 and Banjo and Kazooie for the N64 as a 4-6 year old. I also distincntly remember crying and throwing the controller after I exited out of Banjo and Kazooie for the first time, and it showed a cinematic and after it finished, the words GAME OVER appeared. To this day, I still haven't been bothered to finish it!

#42 geosooner

geosooner

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2008 - 06:10 AM

the hardest game i ever beaten was time crisis for the ps1. beating it was tough on timed mode with only the amount of lives they give you. plus the light gun wasnt really that awesome.

i gave up on parasite eve on ps1. i played it forever and the last boss kept kicking my ass and eventually i admitted defeat.
[URL="http://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=108791"][/URL]

#43 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2008 - 02:20 AM

Well, the hardest game that I can recall for me to beat was Ninja Gaiden (Xbox). Frustration took over when trying to defeat many of the bosses, I remember when I was stuck for days on a single area of the game.

A game that I have never beat, in all seriousness, is Minesweeper. To this day, I still havent beaten it, years of giving up after 3 rounds, its just too frustrating. While others feel like chucking their controller, I feel like chucking my laptop out the window.

Nothing to see here, move along!

#44 magilacudy

magilacudy

Cheap as shell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2008 - 04:56 AM

The hardest game I've beaten was Ninja Gaiden for Xbox. It took me about a week to beat the first boss. I don't think I would be able to do it again... in fact I remember I tried the NG Sigma (? whatever the PS3 version is called) demo and wasn't even able to get to the boss in the first place. Those White Storm Shadow ninjas kept kicking my ass.

The game (or is that games) I could never beat was the Advance Wars series. Ever since Advance Wars 2 on GBA, I've been addicted. However I always reach a certain point where the computer gets too damn cheap and I just give up. Each level takes 20-30 minutes to build up your army, and then BOOM the computer just dominates. It gets to the point where I'm just like, holy shit, what am I doing with my time. I recently reached that point with the newest DS Advance Wars and I'm about trade that crap in tomorrow.
Posted Image

#45 SnotRocket

SnotRocket

$20? To much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2008 - 01:51 PM

Most difficult that I've completed, Contra Shattered Soldiers for the PS2. Took about a month to really get into it. A friend and I made it our goal to remember everything and beat the retarded game.

To difficult that I quit, Shinobi for the PS2. Got to the giant spider boss and it's just insane. If you really want to beat it it would take forever! F that game! There are a bunch of shmups that I got far in and gave up on, but no one would know the japanese names :(

banner1.gif
fss_overall.png

#46 UltimoRey

UltimoRey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2008 - 11:44 PM

The hardest game that i can remeber playing has to be Wolverine for the NES. If you used his claws it drained your health and if you didnt most enemies were hard to kill. I also remeber horrible jumping which made me fall multiple stories to my death and a large kickback from damage, which had the same result. I havent played in since i was a kid, but i doubt its any better.
Posted Image

#47 INDYSCOOBY

INDYSCOOBY

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2008 - 11:55 AM

The hardest game I have ever beaten Resistance on the hard setting. The hardest game I have never beaten. Diablo for the PS1, I am still tring to beat the thing, I am stuck at a level were as soon as the turn around the concern you have a bunch of guys/creatues caged up but they still can throw poision at you. I am even playing in 2 player mode and can't get past them. I am too stubbern to restart, I know it will reset to a different map but Il get them.. PSN: Indyscooby

#48 Sooku

Sooku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2008 - 03:26 AM

Probably Mega Man: Powered Up on the PSP. I'm sort of a lightweight when it comes to tough games. :-/

#49 amishpriest

amishpriest

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2008 - 04:26 PM

The hardest game I ever finished that I can remember would be Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge on the Game Boy. This occurred to me only because I recently tried playing it again and I have no idea how I got through it 17 years ago.
Posted Image

#50 historyman13

historyman13

Posted 16 October 2008 - 04:13 AM

i really never passed that game i didnt even get passed the 1 level :hot::bomb: until i gave up i never touched it since