GoGamer Madness Sale: Brothers in Arms (360) $40 and more!

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
[img-r=1]331[/img-r]The following are on sale at GoGamer. Check the clock on the product pages for sale ending time.
:360:Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway $39.90*
:360:Frontlines: Fuel of War $19.90
:pc:Fallout Collection $12.90
:pc:ParaWorld $1.90
:pc:Perry Rhodan: Myth Of the Illochim $9.90*
:pc:Imperium Romanum $9.90*
:pc:Imperium Romanum: Emperor Expansion $9.90*
:pc:Call of Juarez $1.90
:pc:Microsoft Xbox 360 Wired Controller for Windows $24.90
:pc:Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 $15.90
:pc:Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 5000 $14.90
:pc:Warhammer Online: Age Of Reckoning $39.90
:pc:Crysis Warhead $22.90
:pc:ZBoard Reaper Gaming Mouse $12.90
:pc:Sandio 3D Gaming Mouse Grey $9.90
:pc:Sandio 3D Gaming Mouse Red $9.90
:pc:Infernal $1.90
icon5.gif
Flashwear Big Time Digital Clock (Green) $69.90

*Import version/region free

Last edited by a moderator:
In for Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway. I was planning on picking it up today with Silent Hill.

Thanks!

just noticed its the import version so keep that in mind. It does appear to be a region free game however not sure of any issues this might cause if any. From the listing on Playasia it would appear there wont be any format problems.

[quote name='qwerty1']just noticed its the import version so keep that in mind. It does appear to be a region free game however not sure of any issues this might cause if any. From the listing on Playasia it would appear there wont be any format problems.[/QUOTE]

Where did you see that? The photo is of the US/NTSC box and I can't find anything about it being an Asian version.

In for one for Hell's Highway, I was JUST debating whether or not to get this at Frys for $52.99. I was so close to buying it on Tuesday... it's a good thing I didn't! :D

EDIT: Geez, I ordered it so fast that I didn't realize that it was the import version. I've cancelled my order.

[quote name='Poor2More']FallOut Collection, can anyone recommend this? is it like Diablo, its only $12.99?[/QUOTE]

I have the game but have yet to play it. From what I have heard it's not like Diablo, it's more of an RPG with a post-apocalyptic setting. It's a pretty highly regarded series, it's still brought up in a lot of top 10 lists. There is a reason why they are making a 3rd one, even if it's a different developer. Seems like a steal for that price.

I already have Infernal and COJ or I would jump on those at that price. I think I'll wait on Crysis Warhead.

[quote name='Poor2More']FallOut Collection, can anyone recommend this? is it like Diablo, its only $12.99?[/quote]

You can get the first Fallout 100% free from Gametap...I just did this past week. You can get Fallout 1 and 2 for $5.99 each from GOG.com as well, each comes with a bunch of extras.

Got Infernal and Call of Juarez. I was gonna get ParaWorld but it added too much to the shipping and I learned it uses TAGES (copy protection software). Fallout Collection is great for about $15 shipped. Comes with Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics and bonus material on the disc.

WARNING FOR PEOPLE ON FALLOUT COLLECTION:

It does not easily work on Windows XP. I bought it, and never got it to work. I bought it at GOG, $6 for both (B1G1F) and they work flawlessly.

Picked up Call of Juarez and Infernal.

[quote name='bojay1997']Where did you see that? The photo is of the US/NTSC box and I can't find anything about it being an Asian version.[/quote]

the (i) next to the title name denotes "import". Its probably from europe, however the same rules apply. I'd buy it if i wanted the 360 version personally, im sure it works fine. However im PC all the way on FPS.

Fallout Collection for me, too. Anybody else heard problems w/ it on XP? I'm sure there's a fix/patch for it.

Can't wait for Fallout 3, too!!!

Sucks that Hell's Highway is some import, not even taking a chance & losing $40 if it doesn't start up.

Thanks anyway though.

[quote name='chrisnsally']Fallout Collection for me, too. Anybody else heard problems w/ it on XP? I'm sure there's a fix/patch for it.

Can't wait for Fallout 3, too!!![/QUOTE]

I never had problems w/ FO2 on Win XP, myself -- and yes, I have the old CD version from back when Interplay was in business.
Make sure you put in the newest official patch.
And you might want to look into KillApp's newest Unofficial Patches for FO2.

About FO1, I bought that from GOG Beta.
So, no problems there -- as CD Projekt reworked to work on XP.

About FO: Tactics, I don't have that...yet.
As a current GOG Beta member, I'll buy it from them, in due time...since they rework all the old games to run on XP/Vista officially.

I have yet to try the high-res FO mod, though...

EDIT:
[quote name='brittonrupp']i grabbed call of juarez, indernal and crysis warhead, pretty good deals if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

CoJ is a steal at that price.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Sucks that Hell's Highway is some import, not even taking a chance & losing $40 if it doesn't start up.

Thanks anyway though.[/quote]

its region free

[quote name='MysterD']I never had problems w/ FO2 on Win XP, myself -- and yes, I have the old CD version from back when Interplay was in business.
[/quote]

I just played through FO2 last week on Vista and had even less issues than I did with XP.

Fallout Collection is European import. It matters since some missions can't be completed because all the children are taken out of the European version of the game. There are unofficial patches online on various fan sites to fix the above issue however.

fallout 1 & 2 are classic top knotch rpg's, I bought them both when they were first out and played through them a couple of times. Just traded them on goozex. 2 thumbs up for the series, totally worth playing.......keep in mind it is a classic rpg.

I'd be all over Call of Juarez if it were for the 360. I saw the MSFT Xbox 360 Wired Controller for Windows on sale at my local Radio Shack for $19. It might have been clearance, so YMMV.

I had contacted them yesterday to confirm and they told me it is the Australian version of Hell's Highway, which was printed region-free. There is no worry about it playing in a US 360, but does anyone know if there were any changes to AU version content?

It doesnt sound like anything was toned down in the game for the Australian release, but I was unable to confirm via internet searching. If I can find some confirmation that it is the same as the US release, I'd grab this in a heartbeat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banned_video_games#Australia

Doesn't look good.
Looks like Australia likes to censor or ban any game that is rated 18+.
Seeing that BiA:HH has full on limb dismemberment and exploding heads it is a prime candidate for censoring.

I actually want this game as well since i enjoyed the first BiA, never played the second one tho unfortunately.
Anyways like most other games these days this game will be 35-40ish in a few months so i'll sit on it.

Wow, that is the best price I've seen on Warhammer... anyone think it will be cheaper anywhere in the next 3 months?

[quote name='Sideswiper']Wow, that is the best price I've seen on Warhammer... anyone think it will be cheaper anywhere in the next 3 months?[/quote]

I'd say closer to the release of WoW:WotLK expansion, the game will go down to $39.99 at most retailers. If the population grows thinner, then maybe it'll be cheaper. But at the moment, I don't think it's going to go much lower than GoGamer's price. Looking at the track record of retail box MMOs, I haven't really seen one that went down to 40% off in the first month.

Anyway, I would've bought Fallout and Hell's Highway but thanks for the heads up about the questionable issues with import versions of both games. I think I'll just wait to pick up a used Hell's Highway from GS with some coupons.

[quote name='morpheus47']Is Frontlines worth $20? I've heard the single player is short and I'm not into multiplayer all that much.[/QUOTE]

If all you're gonna do is the single player than it's worth a rental. Only buy it if you plan to invest in the multiplayrer. But to be honest, I thought there was some balance issues in multi.

figures...I wait til today to order the sandio mouse and only the red one is available, blah...can't beat $10 i guess

[quote name='Photomotoz']New.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Next question...BIA is from a different region, yes? Is it going to work on consoles in NA? Is there a difference between the Eruo version and the NA version?

[quote name='Pck21']Thanks!

Next question...BIA is from a different region, yes? Is it going to work on consoles in NA? Is there a difference between the Eruo version and the NA version?[/quote]

Page 2

[quote name='ver3cheap']I had contacted them yesterday to confirm and they told me it is the Australian version of Hell's Highway, which was printed region-free. There is no worry about it playing in a US 360, but does anyone know if there were any changes to AU version content?

It doesnt sound like anything was toned down in the game for the Australian release, but I was unable to confirm via internet searching. If I can find some confirmation that it is the same as the US release, I'd grab this in a heartbeat.[/quote]

[quote name='supraazn']http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banned_video_games#Australia

Doesn't look good.
Looks like Australia likes to censor or ban any game that is rated 18+.
Seeing that BiA:HH has full on limb dismemberment and exploding heads it is a prime candidate for censoring.

I actually want this game as well since i enjoyed the first BiA, never played the second one tho unfortunately.
Anyways like most other games these days this game will be 35-40ish in a few months so i'll sit on it.[/quote]

[quote name='jleecong'] Page 2[/QUOTE]

Damn, I should have looked back just a few posts. That was laziness on my part, sorry! The real question I had was which version was it exactly and now that I know, I'm kind of turned off by the sale now. Too bad because I played the demo this morning on the PS3 and absolutely loved it. I'll just have to wait for a price drop in the future. Thanks again!

I'm thinking about getting the fallout collection as well. After listing to the latest podcast on retronauts.
Never played the fallouts, but fallout 3 looks pretty sick.

Just a quick post that has nothing to do with this deal.

I was just at some of this companies stores in Des Moines Iowa and Omaha NE. Holy smokes are they overpriced.

That is all.

[quote name='schuerm26']Just a quick post that has nothing to do with this deal.

I was just at some of this companies stores in Des Moines Iowa and Omaha NE. Holy smokes are they overpriced.

That is all.[/quote]

They have B&M stores? Are you sure? GoGamer is based out of Orange County in California.

bread's done
Back