Photo
- - - - -

GoGamer Madness Sale: Brothers in Arms (360) $40 and more!

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#31 supraazn

supraazn

ยกʎɹɐsɹǝʌıƃɐɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2008 - 12:19 PM

http://en.wikipedia....games#Australia

Doesn't look good.
Looks like Australia likes to censor or ban any game that is rated 18+.
Seeing that BiA:HH has full on limb dismemberment and exploding heads it is a prime candidate for censoring.

I actually want this game as well since i enjoyed the first BiA, never played the second one tho unfortunately.
Anyways like most other games these days this game will be 35-40ish in a few months so i'll sit on it.

#32 Sideswiper

Sideswiper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2008 - 12:46 PM

Wow, that is the best price I've seen on Warhammer... anyone think it will be cheaper anywhere in the next 3 months?
Posted Image

#33 blackhole82

blackhole82

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:53 PM

Decided to pick up the fall out collection. I've wanted to play the series for a while now.
Posted Image

#34 morpheus47

morpheus47

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2008 - 02:01 PM

Is Frontlines worth $20? I've heard the single player is short and I'm not into multiplayer all that much.

#35 flybrione

flybrione

Guitar Solo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2008 - 02:25 PM

In for Brothers in Arms. Thanks.

#36 typeRJ

typeRJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2008 - 02:43 PM

Wow, that is the best price I've seen on Warhammer... anyone think it will be cheaper anywhere in the next 3 months?

I'd say closer to the release of WoW:WotLK expansion, the game will go down to $39.99 at most retailers. If the population grows thinner, then maybe it'll be cheaper. But at the moment, I don't think it's going to go much lower than GoGamer's price. Looking at the track record of retail box MMOs, I haven't really seen one that went down to 40% off in the first month.

Anyway, I would've bought Fallout and Hell's Highway but thanks for the heads up about the questionable issues with import versions of both games. I think I'll just wait to pick up a used Hell's Highway from GS with some coupons.

#37 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2008 - 03:44 PM

Wait, are these games new or used? I'm confused!
Currently Playing:

Onlive ID: Hand2Gland - Add Me!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Two wrongs don't make a right, I suppose, but three rights make a left and it makes me feel like the goddamn Batman.

#38 Photomotoz

Photomotoz

Magic Missile!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2008 - 03:50 PM

Wait, are these games new or used? I'm confused!

New.

#39 Admiral Ackbar

Admiral Ackbar

It's a trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2008 - 03:59 PM

Is Frontlines worth $20? I've heard the single player is short and I'm not into multiplayer all that much.

If all you're gonna do is the single player than it's worth a rental. Only buy it if you plan to invest in the multiplayrer. But to be honest, I thought there was some balance issues in multi.

The 2014 E3 Theme: "Coming in 2015."

#40 elsteveo2

elsteveo2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2008 - 04:08 PM

I got the sandio mouse 9 bucks is a steal for that thing retailed at 80!

#41 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 03 October 2008 - 04:19 PM

figures...I wait til today to order the sandio mouse and only the red one is available, blah...can't beat $10 i guess

#42 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2008 - 04:59 PM

New.

Thanks!

Next question...BIA is from a different region, yes? Is it going to work on consoles in NA? Is there a difference between the Eruo version and the NA version?
Currently Playing:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Two wrongs don't make a right, I suppose, but three rights make a left and it makes me feel like the goddamn Batman.

#43 jleecong

jleecong

Posted 03 October 2008 - 05:04 PM

Thanks!

Next question...BIA is from a different region, yes? Is it going to work on consoles in NA? Is there a difference between the Eruo version and the NA version?

Page 2

I had contacted them yesterday to confirm and they told me it is the Australian version of Hell's Highway, which was printed region-free. There is no worry about it playing in a US 360, but does anyone know if there were any changes to AU version content?

It doesnt sound like anything was toned down in the game for the Australian release, but I was unable to confirm via internet searching. If I can find some confirmation that it is the same as the US release, I'd grab this in a heartbeat.

http://en.wikipedia....games#Australia

Doesn't look good.
Looks like Australia likes to censor or ban any game that is rated 18+.
Seeing that BiA:HH has full on limb dismemberment and exploding heads it is a prime candidate for censoring.

I actually want this game as well since i enjoyed the first BiA, never played the second one tho unfortunately.
Anyways like most other games these days this game will be 35-40ish in a few months so i'll sit on it.

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/JLee"]Posted Image[/URL]

#44 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2008 - 06:22 PM

Page 2

Damn, I should have looked back just a few posts. That was laziness on my part, sorry! The real question I had was which version was it exactly and now that I know, I'm kind of turned off by the sale now. Too bad because I played the demo this morning on the PS3 and absolutely loved it. I'll just have to wait for a price drop in the future. Thanks again!
Currently Playing:

Posted ImagePosted Image

#45 T3kN

T3kN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2008 - 08:39 PM

I'm thinking about getting the fallout collection as well. After listing to the latest podcast on retronauts.
Never played the fallouts, but fallout 3 looks pretty sick.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#46 hmbtnguy

hmbtnguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2008 - 09:11 PM

I picked up a Sandio 3D mouse as well. It's probably cheaper because they have a new model out.

#47 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2008 - 11:23 PM

Just a quick post that has nothing to do with this deal.

I was just at some of this companies stores in Des Moines Iowa and Omaha NE. Holy smokes are they overpriced.

That is all.

#48 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2008 - 11:43 PM

Just a quick post that has nothing to do with this deal.

I was just at some of this companies stores in Des Moines Iowa and Omaha NE. Holy smokes are they overpriced.

That is all.

They have B&M stores? Are you sure? GoGamer is based out of Orange County in California.

#49 CYRiX

CYRiX

Posted 04 October 2008 - 12:34 AM

Just ordered a wired 360 controller.
I decided against buying some things I bidded on a lowball auction. Didn't know it'd be a big problem. Sue me.

#50 Z_meista

Z_meista

The Paragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2008 - 01:02 AM

Madness!

#51 ddrlenz

ddrlenz

Jedi Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2008 - 02:10 AM

Madness!

Madness? THIS...IS...SPARTA!

:booty:Yes. I went there! :booty:
Check out my reviews of the best GPT and referral sites!
Total Freebie Site Earnings To Date: $4000.00+

Posted Image

#52 genfuyung

genfuyung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2008 - 02:22 AM

contemplating fallout collection............

#53 Tee_Ken

Tee_Ken

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2008 - 03:29 AM

I never had problems w/ FO2 on Win XP, myself -- and yes, I have the old CD version from back when Interplay was in business.
Make sure you put in the newest official patch.
And you might want to look into KillApp's newest Unofficial Patches for FO2.

About FO1, I bought that from GOG Beta.
So, no problems there -- as CD Projekt reworked to work on XP.

About FO: Tactics, I don't have that...yet.
As a current GOG Beta member, I'll buy it from them, in due time...since they rework all the old games to run on XP/Vista officially.

I have yet to try the high-res FO mod, though...

EDIT:

CoJ is a steal at that price.

Thanks for the tips! I also bit on the Fallout Collection. Been waiting for this to drop!

#54 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2008 - 05:13 AM

In for 2x Fallout Collection. Thanks much!

#55 rdaex

rdaex

Posted 04 October 2008 - 05:05 PM

Im such a flip flopper. I got all the way to checkout on BIA and decided against it, its another 3 bucks for decent shipping time, and I can get it used from GS for 50 bucks with my card, and if I dont like it (I dont like tacticals), I can return it.