Photo
- - - - -

B2G1 Free @ TRU - Online now! (40% Off Wii Accessories dead)

• Please log in to reply
1970 replies to this topic

#1951 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:20 PM

I tried talking my way out of it but it wasnt even worth it. The manager said the game was worth onthing to them since it was ringing up as $0 and if I wanted to return it, I would get nothing back for it as the deal was over. You are right in that it doesnt make much sense since it is basically exhanging a $60 game for another $60 game, but her reasoning was that the values were not equal in the system and she wouldnt approve it.

See that annoys me to no end. Not that you couldn't fight them, but that they even put you in that situation. Makes me wanna go mess with them just out of spite, heh. It's like you said, for them to say that game is worthless to them is stupid cause I know if someone left a worthless game on their counter they'd be selling it for sixty quick. We'll see when I go argue with them Wednesday I guess.

#1952 KillaHoe

KillaHoe

Posted 03 November 2008 - 08:55 PM

I still say anyone that can't return the "free" game should just tell them that they should tell you upfront if they're changing their return policy. That way you knew what game to have rang up that way. Even then, I still think it's silly cause its not like they're gonna get rid of the game for free when you give it back.

Return Policy
TRU's video game return policy is 45 days, unopened with a dated receipt or gift receipt. If the game is opened, it can only be exchanged with the same title. No exceptions.

Due to how the deal is rang up, the games that do not come up free can be returned or exchanged for it's full value. The game that rings up free cannot be returned or exchanged because it has no value, only if it is defective can it be exchanged for the same title. Make sure the free game is something you want, or you are pretty much boned.

if you read the policy it clearly states you cannot return the free game...

or maybe they're tired of cheapskates who are trying to be slick and pull a fast one on a mgr who's seen it all by now.

read the return policy on this deal it cleary states we can return the paid games for its full value, nowhere in policy says we had to return the free game...

#1953 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 04 November 2008 - 02:22 PM

Killahoe, is that on the receipt? Honestly if it is then they may have a point, but I didn't see it on there and I still think they should put some signs up to make it clearer that they're making changes to their return policy.

#1954 SteveMcQ

SteveMcQ

I love Panda!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:38 PM

Killahoe, is that on the receipt? Honestly if it is then they may have a point, but I didn't see it on there and I still think they should put some signs up to make it clearer that they're making changes to their return policy.

No, that second part of the return policy is from the OP. It's not "official" TRU policy in the sense that there's no literature from corporate that's clearly posted in the store.

#1955 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:49 PM

Good, that is what I thought. Which means I should have no problem when I go to swap games or they're getting all their junk back.

#1956 m_d_amore

m_d_amore

BrooKlyn Bum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:06 PM

returned my saints row2 + dead space for resistance2 and far cry2
Posted ImagePosted Image
You can kill a cow(mo0) and eat it. But you can't pick a plant and Smoke it?
Assy Ass Ass , Ass Ass.

XBox 360 is for Poor people

#1957 KillaHoe

KillaHoe

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:55 AM

No, that second part of the return policy is from the OP. It's not "official" TRU policy in the sense that there's no literature from corporate that's clearly posted in the store.

actually that policy is used when deals like this happens, its not on receipt since deals like this dont happen alot and why many people complain when they try to return a free item...
they had the same deal Dec or January and plenty of people tried to return free item that was given to them as a gift but couldnt...

Good, that is what I thought. Which means I should have no problem when I go to swap games or they're getting all their junk back.

you shouldn't have problem doing an exchange, its returning them that should cause problem (depends on the store, some store will ask for free game to be return and some store dont) still got 2 paid games sealed and gonna exchange them for Gears 2 and COD:WaW

Edited by KillaHoe, 05 November 2008 - 11:05 AM.

#1958 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 06 November 2008 - 03:15 AM

Oh I wouldn't expect them to let me return the free game or any of the games and get $60 for them. That would be silly. Exchanging is all I expect.

KillaHoe, now did any of the games you wanna exchange ring up as the free one?

#1959 KillaHoe

KillaHoe

Posted 06 November 2008 - 03:57 AM

KillaHoe, now did any of the games you wanna exchange ring up as the free one?

I actually told them which game I wanted to be the free game...I knew that I was gonna keep the free game and exchange 2 paid games for Gears 2 and COD:WaW...

#1960 MasterSun1

MasterSun1

Already Guilty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2008 - 09:58 PM

I've exchanged twice now with no problems. Pure :ps3: and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed :ps3: for Fallout 3 :ps3: and LittleBigPlanet :ps3:. I plan to exchange my last placeholder of Saint's Row 2 :ps3: for Call of Duty: World at War :ps3:. Please note none of placeholder games were originally rung up as free. The other games I bought to keep were BUZZ! Quiz TV, NBA 2K9, and SOCOM: Confrontation with Headset. The last 2 were rung up as free.

Also purchased clearance titles of BUZZ! The Hollywood Quiz :ps2: , BUZZ! The Mega Quiz :ps2: , and Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions :psp: for $19.96 via B2G1F.

#1961 strongsauce

strongsauce

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:31 PM

I just got back from the TRU in Anaheim Hills, CA. They just flat out refused to exchange the two games I bought during the sale saying, "You can only exchange for the items that were available during the sale."

#1962 striker199

striker199

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2008 - 12:07 AM

^ they can't do that, ask them to show you where it says that your receipt.

#1963 KillaHoe

KillaHoe

Posted 07 November 2008 - 12:43 AM

I just got back from the TRU in Anaheim Hills, CA. They just flat out refused to exchange the two games I bought during the sale saying, "You can only exchange for the items that were available during the sale."

are games opened??? if not then you have the right to exchange the game since the 45 days rule has not yet expire...

talk to the manager if that does not work call TRU hotline and talk to one of the company reps and explain you problem and watch that store get in big trouble...

#1964 ISHCM

ISHCM

B. Luu and the B. Cats!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2008 - 08:43 AM

I say avoid that place. I was able to exchange Mercenaries 2 for Fallout 3 there, the on-duty supervisor said the same thing, but also said he would allow this exchange this one time only.

At first he said he wouldn't allow the exchange because they can't determine which game is the free one, but his own employee looked it up on the computer which showed that the game was paid for. Then he said I could only exchange it for games that were available during the sale only. Then the employee starting arguing with him saying "Since when?" His response "Since forever. "

I'm going to try my luck tomorrow with my last placeholder game for Gears of War 2 at the Fullerton, CA location.

#1965 KillaHoe

KillaHoe

Posted 07 November 2008 - 06:09 PM

^^ they cant do that, I just came back from TRU and the exchange was fast...

#1966 ISHCM

ISHCM

B. Luu and the B. Cats!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2008 - 07:24 PM

^^ they cant do that, I just came back from TRU and the exchange was fast...

Killahoe, are you using gift receipts or the regular receipt?

#1967 KillaHoe

KillaHoe

Posted 07 November 2008 - 11:52 PM

Killahoe, are you using gift receipts or the regular receipt?

regular receipt, heard plenty of story on how some TRU sotre has issue when it comes down to gift receipt exchange...

if you cant exchange the game using gift receipt try another store and try your luck there...

#1968 ISHCM

ISHCM

B. Luu and the B. Cats!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2008 - 05:01 AM

Was able to return a placeholder using a gift receipt for a gift card which I promptly used for Gears of War 2. Customer service at the Fullerton, CA was swamped with people returning stuff, they didn't have time to question me.

#1969 Snake2715

Snake2715

Gotta Have Your Toys...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2008 - 03:01 PM

well my 3 are going back this week. Just not that great of a deal actually.
-Josh

Posted Image
-courtesy of onetrackmind-

TRADE LIST

#1970 bzchanboy

bzchanboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2008 - 08:46 PM

I got hassled with the argument about "it has to be a game that came out with the deal" funny how the receipt doesn't make mention of such policy. I eventually got them to get World at War but they didn't give me the $15 giftcard even though my receipt show's that they made a giftcard.

Oh well as Left 4 Dead comes and Mirrors Edge come out I'm gonna take my only two remaining placeholders back.

#1971 swallowshine

swallowshine

Posted 20 November 2008 - 12:00 AM

I bought 3 games (Dead Space, Madden, Civ Rev) as placeholders during the B2G1 sale, being careful to ensure that the one I most wanted to keep was my "free" game. But went back to TRU last week and I was able to exchange all 3 for Fallout 3, COD:WAW and Gears 2.

I didn't have to say or do anything special or play dumb or anything--just brought in the 3 games with my gift receipt, said I wanted to exchange for newer games and she let me go get them. For some reason the manager made me pay 1 cent to exchange my "free" game, but that was fine by me--especially because I got a free $15 gift card with COD.