Computer guts = razor blades

r1s3n

CAGiversary!
I have big hands and I had to install a second drive in my new pc and I swear when ever I have to do anything more then install ram or a card my hands get cut to shreds. Why so many jagged pointy things that hurt inside. WHY! Is it like punishment for wanting to add things to my computer?

"Ok add more jagged spikes and corners that'll teach him to open up the case"

*sigh*

r1s3n

*true story*

When i was building my last computer my hands were so sliced up by it i had to get some Fantastick (cleaner) and scrub the blood off of the motherboard. It was really only 1 big cut from the razer edged case punch-outs but i didn't notice it until i got my motherboard in.

Also back when i was fooling around with my old 486 i decided to take it apart and fool with the innards and i sliced up my hands real bad.

Have you tried wearing leather gloves yet? :D

Beyond wearing gloves (seriously), I can't think of anything that'd help you out. There's always refusing to open the case again, but we're geeks - we can't agree to do that!

I've built over a dozen systems and tweak my computer on a monthly basis at the very least and I've never had a problem or so much as a papercut.

Then again, I'm a carpenter and I have large manly hands with thick callus built-up over many years of labor. You girly-men should get real jobs and stop putting blisters only on your gaming thumbs ! :wink:

One of the things that I looked at before buying my most recent case was how hazardous the inside was.

Got a nice case with very few sharp edges and lots of space.

Sorry, but nothing beats the 1000's of razors on an uncovered window Air Conditioner.

my hand looked like it had gotten hit from the lasers in the Resident Evil movie...

*chuckles* soft fleshy hands yup thats me. What can I say if its jagged and pointy and inside my pc (always inside my pc) I'll cut myself on it. Looking at my death wound today and its not a cut but a damn furrow. Took a chunk out of my index finger. Might need a couple weeks to recover but I'm sure I'll make a full recovery.

r1s3n

[quote name='bmulligan']I've built over a dozen systems and tweak my computer on a monthly basis at the very least and I've never had a problem or so much as a papercut.

Then again, I'm a carpenter and I have large manly hands with thick callus built-up over many years of labor. You girly-men should get real jobs and stop putting blisters only on your gaming thumbs ! :wink:[/quote]

That's the spirit! I, too, plunge right into the innards of my computer case with my hands o' granite. When a card is lodged tightly in its slot, I'll push my face right in there and rip it out with my teeth! After I'm done working inside my pc, I'll often back-hand it across the room, where it cringes and whimpers for an hour or two afterwards. Grrrr!!! *flex*

Well, even IF you have hands as manly as mine, you should never man-handle your computer's innards. Giants can be gentle and dexterous. And always remember to wear a static safety strap! :lol:

I dare someone to touch their Thermaltek 7000+ RPM CPU fan while on and up to speed.

It bites small chunks out of your fingers. I guess thats what I get for adjusting things while the computer is running. :roll:

The running joke at my last job was that IBM machines required a DNA sample every time you worked on them. Every IBM branded machine to come into the shop injured someone somehow.

[quote name='PsyClerk']The running joke at my last job was that IBM machines required a DNA sample every time you worked on them. Every IBM branded machine to come into the shop injured someone somehow.[/quote]

GOLD

:D

I have worked on thousands of PCs, and a vast majority of them sliced my fingers to absolute shreds. :oops:

Now I just design networks and work with firewalls, much easier on the finger tips. :lol:

Never had this problem the whole time i built computers for my personal buisness. Then again i was working a pretty physical job 8 hours a day and my hands were tore up often from it.

I have opened up hundreds of PCs and never had such problems. I have soft girly hands too. Guess I have only been exposed to quality cases.

Yah my latest pc isn't a jagged horror. Thankfully so no blood letting required. But still I cringe when people ask me to take a look at theirs.

r1s3n

bread's done
Back