Photo
- - - - -

CAGcast #136: Pre-TGS BS, DSi, LBP, and Other Abbreviations

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#91 ocelot24

ocelot24

Posted 12 October 2008 - 12:02 PM

I don't understand why Wombat feels he is entitled to a piece of CAG. Wombat's approach is "If you pay me, I'll do more for the site". Which is not getting him anywhere, nor should it. Whereas Shipwreck has been a contributer and to my knowledge gets not a dime from Cheapy. Difference is, Ship acts like he loves being part of CAG and has carved out a section he can call his own. Cheapy has every right to feel like Shipwreck should be hired over Wombat because of that. Attitude and willingness to contribute for the sake of contributing often times gets rewarded. I bet there are bigger things in store for Ship because of his great attitude. Look what paying Wombat to contribute gets you...have you seen his UGO blog? Yipe! I'd pick Shipwreck any day of the week.

Wombat has blown a golden opportunity to impress CAG readers and make a bigger presence for himself on Cheapy's website instead opting for the MUCH less trafficked UGO site. If he would have invested his time and efforts into CAG without complaining so much or acting like Cheapy owes him because he shares billing on the podcast, I bet he would be further along in realizing his dream of working in the gaming field. Wombat is lucky to have hitched his wagon to Cheapy's Star, it's too bad he's not smart enough to see a great opportunity right in front of him.

agree with you

#92 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2008 - 01:01 PM

I don't understand why Wombat feels he is entitled to a piece of CAG. Wombat's approach is "If you pay me, I'll do more for the site". Which is not getting him anywhere, nor should it. Whereas Shipwreck has been a contributer and to my knowledge gets not a dime from Cheapy. Difference is, Ship acts like he loves being part of CAG and has carved out a section he can call his own. Cheapy has every right to feel like Shipwreck should be hired over Wombat because of that. Attitude and willingness to contribute for the sake of contributing often times gets rewarded. I bet there are bigger things in store for Ship because of his great attitude. Look what paying Wombat to contribute gets you...have you seen his UGO blog? Yipe! I'd pick Shipwreck any day of the week.

Wombat has blown a golden opportunity to impress CAG readers and make a bigger presence for himself on Cheapy's website instead opting for the MUCH less trafficked UGO site. If he would have invested his time and efforts into CAG without complaining so much or acting like Cheapy owes him because he shares billing on the podcast, I bet he would be further along in realizing his dream of working in the gaming field. Wombat is lucky to have hitched his wagon to Cheapy's Star, it's too bad he's not smart enough to see a great opportunity right in front of him.

I'l be honest I don't appreciate taking something I said to Cheapy in a joking way, we did say that on the show, and claiming that I feel I have some sense of entitlement or that I don't feel grateful for what I have.
Do you think I accepted the UGO gig without talking to Cheapy? He was one of my biggest cheerleaders for me doing it and so far it has done nothing but help the site. UGO has reached out to Cheapy in numerous way, he even wrote a piece for them this year.

So please don't make assumptions about things that make me look like something I am not.

#93 ocelot24

ocelot24

Posted 12 October 2008 - 01:45 PM

Posted Image

I'l be honest I don't appreciate taking something I said to Cheapy in a joking way, we did say that on the show, and claiming that I feel I have some sense of entitlement or that I don't feel grateful for what I have.
Do you think I accepted the UGO gig without talking to Cheapy? He was one of my biggest cheerleaders for me doing it and so far it has done nothing but help the site. UGO has reached out to Cheapy in numerous way, he even wrote a piece for them this year.

So please don't make assumptions about things that make me look like something I am not.

SORRY,didn't mean to hurt you but you always get the feeling that you will work with much more enthusiasm for money

#94 dece

dece

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:47 PM

I happen to like my job. Does that mean I should renounce my salary?

The difference between doing something for free and getting paid for it is in responsibility. If you don't get paid you are free to do whatever you want, whenever you want. As an employee you have some obligations and you get compensated for it.

Any sane person would choose being paid for doing something he enjoys over doing it for free. You cannot blame Wombat for doing the sensible thing. Unless Cheapy chooses to pay him he has no obligation to contribute to this site, and there is nothing wrong with that.

#95 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2008 - 05:19 PM

Hey do you think ryan paton is working in microsoft because they think he can understand how to make games for japanese audiences since he was working for kojima on mgs4

He was there to help them make MGS4 better for Western audiences.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#96 kiddvid

kiddvid

Posted 12 October 2008 - 06:52 PM

I don't have to make assumptions, your attitude makes things all too clear. I have been listening to the show a long time. You can say you are joking all you want, but it is obvious in your words and attitude that you feel you should be ASKED more to be part of the site. You acted hurt when you didnt know what going on with CAG 2.0 and that Cheapy was paying someone (John) to work on the site and you were not, you act hurt when you say you dont have forum moderation access, you dont understand why Cheapy would pay Shipwreck over you and I'm saying its obvious.

Cheapy has asked you over and over to put more work into the outline even and your answer is if you are doing the audio part and sound clips and whatever else, that cheapy can do the outline. Same with Ship, when you two did the show together, if he did this, you would do that, to make it even. What I'm saying is, if you went out of your way , if you went above and beyond, perhaps you would see the rewards you are looking for. Cheapy has complained before you dont contribute to the content or research for your own show! So how could you expect him to hire you. Ship creates content. You are a sidekick who imagines he is something more. Im saying, DO MORE and make your case for being an employee compelling. If you have to argue how many hours per week you contribute compared to Ship, then I'd say you are not making a big enough impression. And no, posting in the forums does not count. I do that and I dont expect a dime from Cheapy.

What would you do if Cheapy paid you to be a part of the site?

#97 ocelot24

ocelot24

Posted 13 October 2008 - 10:22 AM

He was there to help them make MGS4 better for Western audiences.

So maybe microsoft thinks he understands japanese audiences as well