Xbox 360 Holiday Bundles Feature Family Friendly Games

IOnceWasLegend

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
[img-l=4668]2773[/img-l]Looks like Microsoft will be announcing Xbox 360 console bundles with free pack-in games at Tokyo Game Show on Thursday. CAG members have discovered that GameStop has the new bundles listed with a ship date of October 8th. Lego Indiana Jones and Kung-Fu Panda are included with the $300 Pro and $400 Elite, while Sega Superstar Tennis ships with the $200 Arcade. Xbox 360 Fanboy reports that a Swedish retailer is also listing this bundle, so expect to see this offer everywhere.

As a side effect, expect to find insanely cheap used copies of all three games soon.

Original post
Saw this today at Gamestop, and thought I'd post it. Starting on November 1st, if I remember correctly, 360 systems will be bundled with one or two games. The bundles are:

360 Arcade System ($199.99): Sega Superstars Tennis
360 Pro System (60 GB, $299.99) and Elite ($399.99): LEGO Indiana Jones and Kung Fu Panda.

No word about the MS refurbished 20GB systems for $249.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this gonna be a Gamestop Exclusive holiday bundle or they gonna do something like what they did last year with those Forza/Marvel Console bundles...

[quote name='ultramanJ']Great news if true. The prices for Panda and Indy will drop like a rock, and I wouldn't mind owning them both.[/quote]

blah... figures.

I actually bought Indy for $50.

But I really enjoyed it so whatever..

It's been confirmed internationally anyway that the pro/elite will come with Panda and Lego Indy, the arcade SKU comes with Live Arcade Games and Sega Superstars Tennis

Check out www.webhallen.com , that's the international store adding some credibility to the rumor.

The news is out there on other sites, this will be the official Microsoft bundle. Too bad the Arcade version doesn't come with Indy. At least this means Indy will be very cheap used in 6 months.

It can be assumed that all the bundles in the new box will be Jaspers. It will be nice to get official confirmation, but what I hear is anything that is over Lot# 0831 should be Jaspers.

The newest I see in my local stores is 0825.

08 = Year
25 = Week (25th week of the year)

Wow, Sega Superstars Tennis for free! What a deal!
(to be fair, I actually do want to play that game because of Beat and Gum)

I wouldn't play neither game, so I'm straight.....I'm happy I saved 50 on my 360!

Now, onto play Forza 2 from my last 360 (that game wasn't good enough to be stolen :()

its true its on the gamestop site now

Microsoft Xbox 360 Arcade with Sega Superstar Tennis 199.99
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=67291

5nkm8m.jpg

Xbox 360 Pro 60GB with LEGO Indiana Jones and Kung Fu Panda 299.99
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75060

jglct1.jpg

Microsoft Xbox 360 Elite with LEGO Indiana Jones and Kung Fu Panda 399.99
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=65031

jglct1.jpg

It's over. Sony is finished.

Seriously, I hope Sony does something to counter act this. In Europe you got the 360 at half the price of the PS3, and now in the US It's far below half and just missing the hard drive you can grab on eBay for $30.

I read elsewhere this is going to be nation wide (the Kung Fu/Indiana Jones bundle anyways) not sure about Sega Superstar Tennis.

Good move by MS to get the casuals to buy a system. Halo 3 would have been killer but would make no sense to get teh casual buyers.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']It's over. Sony is finished.

Seriously, I hope Sony does something to counter act this.[/quote]

Who cares? Seriously, as long as they're all making great games, why does it even matter?

As it was stated earlier, prices on all three games will drop like a rock and I can't wait.

Cripes, because of the bundle last year, my store is swimming in 60+ used copied of Forza and Marvel. They trade in at less than a dollar and people still trade them in. wtf

[quote name='mike.m']Who cares? [/QUOTE]

People that want more bang for their buck. Are you forgetting what site your currently on? Not every one can shell out $400 for a system, and we realize the 360 doesn't have blu-ray but that means nothing to someone who just wants to play the latest and great games.

So yeah, I am looking forward to a bundled PS3. I won't buy one till It's lower but I know others will.

It will be fun in Spring when these new SKU's are discontinued and everyone starts rumors of hardware reconfigurations again - like last year, and the year before etc etc etc.

I was in a Gamestop in Boonton, NJ and they had these Holiday packs in stock behind the register...Great deals if you don't have a 360 or want another one...Both games are decent and it should help attract "younger" gamers to the system.

This will be nice to pick up a used Lego Indiana Jones and Kung Fu Panda for the kids at a cheap price in a few months.

I find it disappointing that MS is relying on two movie tie-ins for the pro and the elite bundles. From a marketing position, it makes sense. But it's unfortunate to get a free game that's not wanted. Banjo should really be there instead of Kung Fu Panda.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']It's over. Sony is finished.

Seriously, I hope Sony does something to counter act this. In Europe you got the 360 at half the price of the PS3, and now in the US It's far below half and just missing the hard drive you can grab on eBay for $30.

I read elsewhere this is going to be nation wide (the Kung Fu/Indiana Jones bundle anyways) not sure about Sega Superstar Tennis.

Good move by MS to get the casuals to buy a system. Halo 3 would have been killer but would make no sense to get teh casual buyers.[/quote]

Don't worry sony will answer back with the following package at a family friendly price.

PS3 200gb HDD
Dulshock "not six-axis, but a dualshock controller"
"Free" copy of Little Big Planet Demo
Only $599.99, to get you throught these hard economic times.

No but seriously they are done for this generation. This was supposed to be sony's year, what the hell happened. And instead of decreasing prices on these systems they are coming out with more expensive models. No games to play with, I mean only thing they can brag about is MGS 4 and Killzone. Bunch of dolts, I say. Only thing that sells, PS3 is the Blu Ray, and it is not what is it hyped to be, take it from a serious videophile.

[quote name='IOnceWasLegend'] As a side effect, expect to find insanely cheap used copies of all three games soon.[/QUOTE]

at least some good news for my recent amazon elite upgrade, I wouldn't mind picking up lego indy used on the cheap soon :lol:

I've been trying to convince a buddy of mine all year to buy a 360, this bundle may just be what finally pushes him over.

[quote name='blue ocarina']at least some good news for my recent amazon elite upgrade, I wouldn't mind picking up lego indy used on the cheap soon :lol:[/quote]

Alright! Free edit/update of post without me having to do anything! :D

FYI, this is true and already in effect at most of the GameStop stores already. Gained a couple of games, no price increase. Woohoo!

I already played the hell out of Sega Tennis, but I still think I will be picking up an Arcade soon, so I can get off of the refurb merry-go-round.

If any fellow cag can grab this bundle @ his/her local GS, please chime in on whether or not the new system is noticeably quieter or uses a lower power consumption. I'm hopeful that MS won't just slap a sticker on the box or repackage older models.

[quote name='FatBoyInside']If any fellow cag can grab this bundle @ his/her local GS, please chime in on whether or not the new system is noticeably quieter or uses a lower power consumption. I'm hopeful that MS won't just slap a sticker on the box or repackage older models.[/quote]

That's what they did with last year's bundles, so no reason to believe they won't again.

Damn, it looks like MS is trying to get all the Wii owners to "Upgrade" to a 360. Otherwise they wouldn't have selected such casual games.

I have almost no interest in Lego indy (i did like Lego starwars) and only a tiny bit of interest in SuperStar Tennis. Maybe when both hit rock bottom in the used market I'll pick them up.

I had hoped the bundles this year had something I really wanted, so I could upgrade my 20 gig model to a new one with a bigger HD.

[quote name='CheapyD']It's coming to Sweden so I just assumed it's coming to the UK too.[/quote]
If it does, go Microsoft. Seriously, these movie tie-ins are going to shift units to the younger crowd, those that were previously obsessed with the Wii. They'll just have to really push the parental controls, so the kids can't play the older sibling's copy of Condemned, or RE5.

But, that assumption could well be wrong. Keep it up, by all means, but for some reason, there's PAL-UK as a specific region.

EDIT: And Cheapy, a shame about your whole 'DSi for prizes' thing has been shot down. You could've made a pretty penny selling them on to other territories. I swear, Nintendo are going to go the way of SEGA if they keep this crap up.

I would imagine most mature, non-casual gamers would already have a 360 though. This is a play for the parents that can't find a Wii this holiday season. Kind of like the PS2 Lego Batman bundle.

[quote name='Tyrannical']They should have picked a more mature game then kung fu panda for the elite model.[/quote]

My exact thoughts also. If I were to buy the elite bundle from Walmart would they let me return the two games? Assuming that it's two separate games and not packaged in a combo box like the Forza 2/MUA games.

[quote name='niceguyshawne']I would imagine most mature, non-casual gamers would already have a 360 though. [/QUOTE]

You mean like those on Xbox Live?

I'm excited to be an owner of Kung-Fu Panda and Lego Indiana Jones once the prices drop like a Rock.

Honestly, I'm considering all the bundle because I wouldn't mind a 60 gig, and those two games.

The two games might share the same case as the last year's holiday bundled UA/Forza 2 games did.

bread's done
Back