SOTTomy

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Maklershed']Every month some clown makes a topic about someone who mildly resembles Cheapy.[/quote]People love swinging on his nuts.

Did you listen to the new 1up Yours, Maklershed? I like how I thought that Zoe broad was annoying as fuck until I realized she was the one that looked like Jodie Foster with nice tits. :cool:

[quote name='Maklershed']Every month some clown makes a topic about someone who mildly resembles Cheapy.[/QUOTE]

A few days ago at the supermarket, I saw a guy that looked like 50 Cent.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Did you listen to the new 1up Yours, Maklershed? I like how I thought that Zoe broad was annoying as fuck until I realized she was the one that looked like Jodie Foster with nice tits. :cool:[/quote]

Yeah I did. She sounded like she might be cute, but yes, she was annoying. Pics?

Budge, your view on "choices" couldn't be more wrong.

First, I really can't stand the word choice. There are two reason every organism behaves; biology and the environment. The vast majority of behaviors come from the environment, but it's silly to be a strict behaviorist, because some biological behaviors deserve attention too.

For example, my mom is diabetic. She doesn't choose for her blood-sugar to drop, it does so because of my mom's biology.

When you eat something in the morning, the food that you cook is due to the environment.

Now, you say we choose to do everything. Um...so what exactly makes these choices? And...what inside us knows what to choose. Oh, and why don't we all just make the right choices and excel in life? :lol: Surely you don't believe we have a conscience, right?

Like it or not, people just behave. Sorry :whistle2:| No choice involved.

the town democratic party is having debate watching party at a local bar with free appetizers and all sorts of crazy drink specials. we won't be able to stay for long, but just long enough to get tanked (it's within walking distance if necessary).

sticky rice with shredded grilled chicken mixed in. chicken marinated in white wine, garlic, onion and various italian herbs from the garden.

[quote name='Moxio']:roundhouse kicks Brak in the back:[/QUOTE]
AUGH!!!
[quote name='Rocko']I heard Brak loves sodomy.[/QUOTE]
I pitched the idea to my exgirlfriend, but I had to settle on humping her ass cleavage. (Which was dolla-dolla bill, y'all.)

:lol: @ the end of the last OTT.

I bet Brak doesn't have any problems with the $$$$$$s, darthbudge. What gives?

[quote name='Liquid 2']http://ecoworldly.com/2008/10/07/sc...in-act-of-evolution-in-africas-greatest-lake/

I can't wait for your response, budge. :cool:[/quote]

I never said I don't believe in Evolution. I just don't believe that life happened by chance. You can see that there are evidences of small evolution, that fish's eyes adapting, the finches beaks changing and so on. I cannot deny that.

[quote name='seanr1221']Budge, your view on "choices" couldn't be more wrong.

First, I really can't stand the word choice. There are two reason every organism behaves; biology and the environment. The vast majority of behaviors come from the environment, but it's silly to be a strict behaviorist, because some biological behaviors deserve attention too.

For example, my mom is diabetic. She doesn't choose for her blood-sugar to drop, it does so because of my mom's biology.

When you eat something in the morning, the food that you cook is due to the environment.

Now, you say we choose to do everything. Um...so what exactly makes these choices? And...what inside us knows what to choose. Oh, and why don't we all just make the right choices and excel in life? :lol: Surely you don't believe we have a conscience, right?

Like it or not, people just behave. Sorry :whistle2:| No choice involved.[/quote]

There is your natural born biological reactions to some things, but there are also decisions that are made by our consciences.

If people just "behaved" we would be no different then animals. We would rape people because we felt that attraction, we would kill people if we got angry, we would steal if we were hungry.

Well just because you are lustful, hungry, angry and so on, doesn't mean that we go and commit crimes because of it.

We can control ourselves and make the choice to be civilized human beings.

[quote name='darthbudge']I

There is your natural born biological reactions to some things, but there are also decisions that are made by our consciences.

If people just "behaved" we would be no different then animals. We would rape people because we felt that attraction, we would kill people if we got angry, we would steal if we were hungry.

Well just because you are lustful, hungry, angry and so on, doesn't mean that we go and commit crimes because of it.

We can control ourselves and make the choice to be civilized human beings.[/QUOTE]

Ok, let me put it this way Budge. How does this conscience know right from wrong?

Budge, you said you have a crush on a girl, right?

Before you developed that crush, did you make a conscious choice to want women instead of men?

[quote name='seanr1221']Ok, let me put it this way Budge. How does this conscience know right from wrong?[/quote]

I would have to say that alot of it is trained by your own life.

Humans have a perception of what is right and wrong based on the society around them. This why Mob Mentality effects people.

Normally they would never do some heinous acts that are committed by mobs of people. However, once they feel that everyone else around them is OK with such acts being committed, they will then decide that it must be OK and continue with it.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Wow, you titty-____ed her ass? Didn't your dick chafe?[/QUOTE]
No. :cool:

[quote name='darthbudge']I would have to say that alot of it is trained by your own life.

Humans have a perception of what is right and wrong based on the society around them. This why Mob Mentality effects people.

Normally they would never do some heinous acts that are committed by mobs of people. However, once they feel that everyone else around them is OK with such acts being committed, they will then decide that it must be OK and continue with it.[/QUOTE]

So...what you're saying is the environment dictates how people act? ;)

It's silly to think there is a little person inside our heads making choices. Yes, we ARE animals, don't forget that. Just because we have a greater cognitive ability that we are able to express doesn't mean we automatically have some conscience telling us what to do.

[quote name='Rocko']Budge, you said you have a crush on a girl, right?

Before you developed that crush, did you make a conscious choice to want women instead of men?[/quote]

Damnit people, you never listen.

I don't doubt that some people might always have been attracted to members of the same sex.

However, they have the choice to ignore that attraction. If you say they can't ignore it and have to give in, then that is the most stupid idea ever. How was it that people could abstain from sex in general then?

I think Homosexuality is wrong, I don't hate people if they make that choice but I think it is wrong. Ultimately people have the choice to live their life however they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back