#3871 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:03 PM

This is where I keep dieing.

Stonefang Tunnel
Area 2:
*Scirvir (NPC), Turn right after the starting archstone and drop down the mine shaft from plank to plank, he will be about 2/3rds the way down the shaft in a side tunnel.

I keep falling too far. I can get to the second drop and then I die on the third. Lost 50,000 souls b/c I slipped when I was picking them back up.

#3872 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:08 PM

I think I only did the complete shortcut once, ever. It was really hard for me. Although getting to Scirvir's landing is a bit easier.

Try turning your in-game brightness all the way up. In general it ruins the atmosphere of the game, but it does make that part easier.

#3873 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2011 - 01:06 AM

Watching a video would probably help, back when I played it there were helpful messages left at most of the planks so you knew where your next target plank was to drop on.

Path starts at 2:30:

Guardian_owl.png

#3874 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2011 - 03:31 AM

Watching a video would probably help, back when I played it there were helpful messages left at most of the planks so you knew where your next target plank was to drop on.

Path starts at 2:30:

Thanks, I have been going to the right, since there is a item I have not been able to pick up there for some reason. :dunce:

I am not sure if this is a glitch or what. I finally got the key and freed Rydell, he told me he had a ring for me, then my character swung his sword at him (I did not even have my hands on the shoulder buttons). Then his energy bar came up and he wouldn't stop attacking me, so I killed him and it game me some ring I think I already had. But now I can't get into the last area of the level because of that fight. :bomb:

#3875 yester

yester

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:30 AM

So, now i am getting more engaged with this game.
So far, i have a hard time and still struggle with the best strategies. But that will come over time.
What i am curious about is, the handbook talks about co-op/multiplayer. Since there is no option i can see in the game, is this unlocked during the play?
If its co-op that would be great since i can play with a friend.

Also, all the weapons i found in the game i can not use. So i gave it to the man in the nexus to hold it for me.
Perhaps i can use them later.

#3876 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:35 AM

So, now i am getting more engaged with this game.
So far, i have a hard time and still struggle with the best strategies. But that will come over time.
What i am curious about is, the handbook talks about co-op/multiplayer. Since there is no option i can see in the game, is this unlocked during the play?
If its co-op that would be great since i can play with a friend.

Also, all the weapons i found in the game i can not use. So i gave it to the man in the nexus to hold it for me.
Perhaps i can use them later.

That is my biggest complaint. Half of the weapons you can't even use unless you have one of the special rings equipped. I think I am soul level 105 or something and I still can't use most of the weapons.

I could be wrong but you have to be alive, online, and summon other players to help you with one of the stones.

#3877 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2011 - 01:20 PM

That is my biggest complaint. Half of the weapons you can't even use unless you have one of the special rings equipped. I think I am soul level 105 or something and I still can't use most of the weapons.

I could be wrong but you have to be alive, online, and summon other players to help you with one of the stones.

Correct. You must be alive and in an area where you haven't beaten the boss. Then you will be able to summon people who are within 10% +/- 10 of your soul level. You can also be summoned by using your blue stone (when in soul form).

Edited by Backlash, 01 January 2012 - 12:08 AM.

#3878 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:31 PM

See this for explanation of online features.

Guardian_owl.png

#3879 misterpiggybank

misterpiggybank

Too cheap to function

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:15 AM

Might not be able to finish the game, but you can probably get all currently accessible Pure White events. The only world you have to completely finish to do the white tendency events (world 5) is bugged and is not actually pure white apparently.

Boletaria Palace
Area 1:
*Executioner's Ground, to the left at the start
*Dragons Nest, on a side hallway just before the short bridge which the red dragon strafes with fire

Stonefang Tunnel
Area 2:
*Scirvir (NPC), Turn right after the starting archstone and drop down the mine shaft from plank to plank, he will be about 2/3rds the way down the shaft in a side tunnel.
Area 3:
*Dragon Bone Smasher, enter hallway which leads to the final boss and turn left, retrieve the sword and return to Scirvir

Tower of Latria
Area 2 (needed for Area 1 event):
*Key to Rydell's cell, as soon as you are at the first tower where you kill 4 mage prisoners and a chain drops, keep climbing to the top of the tower
Area 1:
*2E East, Unlock Rydell's cell with the key from area 2 and this will open the 2E East Gate to your right just before you exit the prison into the open area with the arrow firing machine. You will still need Pure white to get all the items in that room.

Shrine of Storms
Area 1:
*Satsuki, right at the start of the level
Area 2:
*Makoto blade, follow the pretty lights to the hole in the floor, the sword will be in the pit.

Valley of Defilement (moot since pure white tendency event apparently isn't functioning correctly in this world)
Area 1:
Istarelle polearm, after you pass through the room with the rats and the merchant at the bottom should lead to a ledge path with a Giant Depraved One, ladder up to the area should be on your left
Area 2:
Selen Vinland, once you enter the poison swamp, follow the fencing along the center of the swamp and eventually you will find an island on your left with a Giant Depraved One, and a tunnel on your right which goes through the fence. As soon as you are on the other side of the fence, look to your right and you should see a campfire in the distance with the NPC, take her quest.
Area 3:
Garl Vinland phantom, kill the final boss of the world, grab loot, exit and return to fight Garl one more time, take the item back to Selen in area 2.

Thanks, I think I'll be able to complete at least world 2 by tomorrow so I can get the dragon bone smasher.

What are the more important items you can get during the PWWT? I'm trying to avoid world 5 if at all possible :-#

#3880 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:24 PM

If character is female, Executioner's ground in 1-1 as the NPC drops the best armor for females in the game. The dragon's nest in 1-1 also has one of the better shields, purple flame shield.

If you're a strength build, the dragon bone smash in 2-3 is a pretty decent weapon since it can be enchanted or items can be applied like turpentine or sticky white stuff

In 3-2 if you like to use heavier weapons, near Lord Rydell's cell in pure white tendency to the right where debris is clear is venerable wage, some of the best light armor.

In 4-2 the only item is the makoto katana blade which is a decent weapon if you are a Dex build.

Guardian_owl.png

#3881 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:55 PM

This is just a heads up for pure white world 5-2. You do not have to kill the "golden woman" for her armor, there is a slug in the middle of nowhere (middle of the swamp) that drops it all. I finally fully explored 5-2 and beat the boss.

#3882 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:49 AM

I just beat the second boss! Oh my I have a long way to go!
Posted Image

#3883 yester

yester

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:27 AM

The first level is the hardest. Once you beat the first boss you gain the ability to level up, buy stuff, etc and you can then choose which level to play next. Keep at it!

Well, i beat the first boss now. But where do you level up. There is a women saying that the statue will explain, but if go up there is nothing. At least i can not talk to the statue.
Also, i tripped down from an edge and lost my souls in the nexus. sadly all souls were lost. mm... and that after i picked up my blood stain.

I did got two rings in the first way up to the first boss and i was able to upgrade my stuff.

But how to i level up?

#3884 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:11 AM

Well, i beat the first boss now. But where do you level up. There is a women saying that the statue will explain, but if go up there is nothing. At least i can not talk to the statue.
Also, i tripped down from an edge and lost my souls in the nexus. sadly all souls were lost. mm... and that after i picked up my blood stain.

I did got two rings in the first way up to the first boss and i was able to upgrade my stuff.

But how to i level up?

There are statues at the top of the nexus with little Buddha type guys. One of them you can talk to. After you talk to him, you can talk to the blind woman with the stick that is in the nexus to level up.

#3885 yester

yester

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:12 AM

Ah, got it.

Btw. the boss reminded me about Zelda. Not sure why, but the music and the boss, it was like Zelda. Pretty cool.

#3886 yester

yester

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:13 AM

I found out that you equip item in the equip menu and not the inventory.

#3887 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:26 PM

Ah, got it.

Btw. the boss reminded me about Zelda. Not sure why, but the music and the boss, it was like Zelda. Pretty cool.

It's probably the lock-on and circle strafing mechanic as it's a similar mechanic to the one used in Ocarina of Time and subsequent games.

Path to monumental, look for the statue with the candle in front of it.

Guardian_owl.png

#3888 daschrier

daschrier

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:47 PM

Finally beat this game before xmas, but don't know if I'll bother playing it through again, and again...the platinum sounds like too much of a time sink when I have so many other games to play.
Posted Image

#3889 yester

yester

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:21 PM

It's probably the lock-on and circle strafing mechanic as it's a similar mechanic to the one used in Ocarina of Time and subsequent games.

Path to monumental, look for the statue with the candle in front of it.

Thats kind of funny really. I was just walking by in front of these statues. But i was more looking at the pillars (achievements).
So i did not notice these sleeping people as of use.

I was reaching for the items that you can grab (ember something) and by doing that i was dying.
Is this maybe a glitch or something. Because i was able to retrieve my souls, but in my inventory was no souls actually. Maybe if you die in the nexus there just gone for good.

#3890 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:27 PM

Maybe if you die in the nexus there just gone for good.

Definitely not. Suiciding in the Nexus to go to soul form instead of body form (but keep your souls via retrieving your blood stain) is a big part of gameplay. I have done that soooo many times.

#3891 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:30 PM

Did you die more than once before you grabbed your bloodstain? You only can have one bloodstain at a time so if you die you will drop your bloodstain with all your souls, if you die again without grabbing it, that first bloodstain will disappear and a new bloodstain will appear about 5-10 steps back from the 2nd location you died and all the souls in the 1st bloodstain are lost forever.

Guardian_owl.png

#3892 yester

yester

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:19 PM

Did you die more than once before you grabbed your bloodstain? You only can have one bloodstain at a time so if you die you will drop your bloodstain with all your souls, if you die again without grabbing it, that first bloodstain will disappear and a new bloodstain will appear about 5-10 steps back from the 2nd location you died and all the souls in the 1st bloodstain are lost forever.

I see. Then that must have happend. Good to know for the future. I think i lost about 2000 souls then. :(
But thats ok. I am just after the first boss there is still much more to gain.

#3893 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:41 PM

Don't worry, if you've already killed the first boss you can replenish that many souls by killing 2-3 skeletons at the start of the Shrine of Storms. I find that is a really good place to practice parrying->riposte since the skeletons give a lot of souls and you get a bonus soul multiplier (something like +20% extra souls dropped) for a successful parry and then riposte and it usually kills the skeletons in one hit.

Guardian_owl.png

#3894 yester

yester

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:40 AM

I tried to go up where you fight the blue knight but further where you see a red knight.
I failed since he just sliced me.
So now i go over the bridge where the dragon is. Perhaps i am not really careful but i die quite often.

#3895 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:27 PM

I tried to go up where you fight the blue knight but further where you see a red knight.
I failed since he just sliced me.
So now i go over the bridge where the dragon is. Perhaps i am not really careful but i die quite often.

If you see any character with red eyes, stay away until you are stronger. You can always go back later and fight them (since you can go back to most areas, even if you have killed the boss).

You will die a lot on the first level. It is also the level you will play the most.

Eventually, you will get to a point where your tear through it and can kill most guys with one hit. :D

On the first level if you are in soul form, make sure you equip the cling ring. It boosts your HP.

#3896 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:40 PM

On the first level if you are in soul form, make sure you equip the cling ring. It boosts your HP.

I'd say on ANY level if you're in soul form equip the cling ring. Well, almost any level.

#3897 yester

yester

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:42 AM

Is there a strategy for leveling? I chose thief as a class and they pretty weak actually.
So right now i just think i may have to put in a lot in to strength.

#3898 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:32 AM

I'd say on ANY level if you're in soul form equip the cling ring. Well, almost any level.

I meant when he finds it on the first level. I have been in soul form most of the game, because I am scared to use my stones.

Is there a strategy for leveling? I chose thief as a class and they pretty weak actually.
So right now i just think i may have to put in a lot in to strength.

I also chose a thief when I started. I dumped a lot of levels into vitality/life. I did dump enough into faith to equip one miracle, but that comes later. I probably put too much into magic, because I have 4 slots and really only use 2 of them.

#3899 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:14 PM

Whether you pump strength, dexterity, magic, or faith depends what weapon you think you will end up using. Katanas, daggers, rapier-like swords, spears, and bows are primarily modified by dexterity. The rest are mostly modified by strength. Most weapons can also either be crafted into a weapon which gains damage by pumping magic or by pumping faith. Raising endurance / vitality for several levels until you decide what weapon you intend to use is usually a good way to avoid wasting stat points. For more information, see "what each stat means."

Picking a Class
Beginning tips
What each stat means
General tips
Regarding Shields
Dealing with the Dragon at the end of the first level
Pure White World Tendency

Guardian_owl.png

#3900 eez28

eez28

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:48 PM

Beat this for the first time yesterday. Awesome game overall and looking forward to taking on Dark Souls! The wiki was a life saver so definitely recommended. Not sure if I'll do a NG+ anytime soon, I was just glad to finish it once.