Demon's Souls - Atlus & From Software's Action RPG - October 6

• Please log in to reply
4075 replies to this topic

#3931 yester

yester

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:29 PM

yoohoo... i beat the world 4. Was kind of easy actaully.
Now i am heading back to world 1 to destroy the blue dragon. I feel strong enough so far.
Right now my dex is at 37.

I think i have now about 40 hours clocked and it still is fun to play. Once i am done with this game i surely will get me dark souls.

have a great day. :)

#3932 yester

yester

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:12 AM

Ok, i finished the game. It was very entertaining and i clocked 80 hours in to the game.
I felt that the last bosses were kind of easy to overcome but that can also be my character build. I had 47 dex and 22 end & 22 str. the rest was pretty much untouched.

So now i will pause for a while and perhaps make another run down the line. Altough now i am locking really into dark souls. :)

Thanks for any advice posted. It was very helpful and helped me getting through all the problem zones.

#3933 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:08 PM

After a 5 month or so hiatus (stuck on the Flame Lurker) started playing again a few days ago and beat him in two tries, it was actually pretty easy. Should I continue on in world two or try another...suggestions?

#3934 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:32 PM

Last area of world 2 is pretty easy (it's just the boss) a little like a puzzle as you have to sneak around and make your way through till you can put the finishing blows on the boss. If your character dabbles in magic it is probably worth killing the boss now as its soul can be used to make Fire storm, a spell which is quite effective vs. certain bosses and for crowd control.

Guardian_owl.png

#3935 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:07 AM

President of Sony's worldwide studios, Shuhei Yoshida, explains why Sony passed on publishing Demon's Souls in the USA

For my personal experience with Demon’s Souls, when it was close to final I spent close to two hours playing it and after two hours I was still standing at the beginning at the game. I said, “This is crap. This is an unbelievably bad game.” So I put it aside.

The ultimate ragequit :lol:

Edited by guardian_owl, 11 February 2012 - 07:19 AM.

Guardian_owl.png

#3936 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:48 PM

Last area of world 2 is pretty easy (it's just the boss) a little like a puzzle as you have to sneak around and make your way through till you can put the finishing blows on the boss. If your character dabbles in magic it is probably worth killing the boss now as its soul can be used to make Fire storm, a spell which is quite effective vs. certain bosses and for crowd control.

So I've kept all of my boss souls, do they offer special abilities or just add to your soul bank? Should I "cash them in" or just hold on to them? I have:

Phalanx 1-1
Fools Idol 3-1
Tower Knight 1-2
Spider 2-1
Flame Lurker 2-2
Dragon -2-3

#3937 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

Hold onto them for now! Give Flamelurker's soul to the blacksmith in 2-1, and he can use the other boss souls to create unique weapons for you, or you can use some of them to learn powerful magic spells from certain NPCs in the Nexus.

#3938 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:19 PM

Right, every boss soul has at least 1 use, they either create a weapon, a miracle, and/or a spell. Some are useful buff spells/miracles even if one is primarily a melee-based character.

Guardian_owl.png

#3939 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:21 PM

President of Sony's worldwide studios, Shuhei Yoshida, explains why Sony passed on publishing Demon's Souls in the USA
The ultimate ragequit :lol:

If true, I give him credit for personally trying games for a few hours. I would have thought he would just rely on reports. The game isn't for everyone, I can respect that. He played it, honestly didn't like it and didn't think it was a good fit. He was wrong, but he was wrong sticking to his own guns.

#3940 yester

yester

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:21 AM

Hey, which boss was the most annoying boss you defeated?

To me it was the Blue Dragon. It took me fooorrreeevvverrrr.

Overall the bosses are not that hard if you figure out how to approach them. I still hesitate to do a second playthrough.

Once i have some money i will dive in Dark Souls.

#3941 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:43 PM

Phalanx, I had used all my fire bombs, didn't have any magic spells, and only had a mace so I spent 40 minutes or so constantly circling the room, taking out hoplites as they spawned and budded off of the main boss until I was able to move in and kill it, that's when I was playing the game cold.

After that, probably Maneater as it kept knocking me off the platform.

Guardian_owl.png

#3942 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:24 PM

I had issues with Flamelurker, mostly. He was tough solo yet so easy with blue phantoms.

For Maneater I used the strategy of trying to keep the flame thing in the middle between me and the monster and just taking shots when I got a good chance. That was also not a quick fight.

#3943 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:50 PM

So far for me it has been the Flame Lurker. I basically ran like hell until I got in good position to hit him with soul arrows. Took around 20 minutes. I just got invaded for the first time the other day in 1-4. I was making a lot of progress until that A-Hole invaded me. I almost killed him though but he caught me out of position and took me out with one stab in the back...jerk! This game is difficult enough without worrying about invaders :-\

#3944 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:05 PM

I haven't finished the game, but I found Maneater to be the most annoying. Tower knight I probably spent the most time on. I had soul arrow, but no catalyst and couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. I thought it was a bow upgrade so I was trying to shoot it with the bow equipped and obviously nothing happened. I eventually just picked him off with 170 arrows or so. (I was trying to play without any type of guide.)

#3945 yester

yester

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:01 AM

I think as a ranged character it is easier. So far i did not fight any of the bosses in melee. I can imagine that it will be much more tougher.
All the bosses i defeated with a bow and so for the most part it was easy to some extent. Still the blue dragon took so many arrows. I think i shot about 700 arrows (total) in the thing. And of course i died a couple of times too.

The other boss 1.boss world 4 took me a real long time. It was especially tricky since it is very narrow and you can get hit so easily.

I assume most of you defeated the boss in melee which i consider really hardcore. :)

#3946 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:18 PM

You should go back and play as a melee character - it's almost a totally different game!

#3947 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:33 PM

I defeated phalanx, tower knight and the spider using melee. I didn't start using magic until after defeating the spider. I took out the flame lurker and the fools idol(finished with a few quick blows with my falshion+8) with soul arrows. The dragon god was probably the easiest once you figure out what to do as the harpoons pretty much do nearly all the damage. I honestly look forward to getting to the boss battles because there is so much uncertainty until you get there. Right now 1-4 is kicking my butt, can't wait to get off so I can go home and try again. I'm primarily a melee character but have been using more soul arrows on the more difficult enemies.

Edited by RedFoxCommando, 17 February 2012 - 07:02 PM.

#3948 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:06 AM

I can't seem to get pas False King Allant :-\

#3949 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:14 AM

I just beat false idol!
Posted Image

#3950 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:13 PM

Last call for online; servers go dark end of May. They're also holding two world tendency events for each half of May based on votes.

Heh, anyone who gets the plat after this will truly have to do it legit.

#3951 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:28 PM

Last call for online; servers go dark end of May. They're also holding two world tendency events for each half of May based on votes.

Crap I don't have time to play. I need to check my trophies list. What is the advantage other than mining for better stones?

(I usually don't play online.)

#3952 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

Crap I don't have time to play. I need to check my trophies list. What is the advantage other than mining for better stones?

(I usually don't play online.)

Trading items to hold for trophies. The game was pretty brutal in needing every single item in the game for the plat. I did all mine legit though.

#3953 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:02 PM

Playing offline is easier than online though, assuming you're not summoning help.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#3954 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:16 PM

Trading items to hold for trophies. The game was pretty brutal in needing every single item in the game for the plat. I did all mine legit though.

How do people do that? Aren't they phantoms? I've never summoned help, so I haven't tried any of that stuff.

#3955 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

Once you are summoned or you summon someone, you can drop items for the other player(s)

#3956 Assasin

Assasin

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:14 PM

Once you are summoned or you summon someone, you can drop items for the other player(s)

That is a definite yes!

#3957 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:42 PM

freaking a.. just got this game.. guess I should look into this

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#3958 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:53 AM

lol unless you dupe pretty much most people who have the plat now are dupe'ers :roll:
0843db393346757b68b32a43df88d267_4d9be17

#3959 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:02 PM

Only thing that is really a pain in the ass to get is the pure bladestone, most everything else can be acquired through the course of the required 2.5 playthroughs.

Guardian_owl.png

#3960 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

Say what you want about duping, grinding for dozens of hours for 1 pure bladestone is NOT fun
Posted Image