Demon's Souls - Atlus & From Software's Action RPG - October 6

• Please log in to reply
4075 replies to this topic

#3961 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:45 PM

Only thing that is really a pain in the ass to get is the pure bladestone, most everything else can be acquired through the course of the required 2.5 playthroughs.

3.5 for Demon's Souls, I thought. 2.5 for Dark Souls. I got the plat without duping, though I did trade someone a bunch of cloudstone I had farmed for a pure bladestone.

#3962 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

^^Yeah some of the stones I have so many I can't store them anymore. I am on my first playthough. Cloudstone shards I just drop on the ground. I haven't made many weapons, but I have been upgrading the falchon (magic regen one) and the dragon long sword, but I ran out of stones to completely upgrade them.

#3963 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:26 PM

It's the cloudstone chunks that a total pain in the ass to get. I farmed the stormbeasts for so long. At least it's also a great place to grind levels (4-3).

#3964 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:17 PM

Only thing that is really a pain in the ass to get is the pure bladestone, most everything else can be acquired through the course of the required 2.5 playthroughs.

Yeah, I didn't even notice when I got mine farming those gold skeletons for souls. By the time I was wrapping up trophies, I only had easy ones left that I just hadn't worked towards.

#3965 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

3.5 for Demon's Souls, I thought. 2.5 for Dark Souls. I got the plat without duping, though I did trade someone a bunch of cloudstone I had farmed for a pure bladestone.

Yep, your right, got the two confused. one thing to keep in mind with cloudstone is it is a good idea to farm for the trophy on your first or second playthrough as by the time you get around to your 3rd+ playthrough in black world tendency it will take more than 1 swing of the stormruler to kill storm beasts.

Guardian_owl.png

#3966 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:54 PM

I recently started playing this game again and got a pure bladestone within 2 hours of grinding. Actually got it before I got all the chunks I needed.

And you guys shouldn't farm for chunks of cloudstone. I'm pretty sure you get enough from treasure during your three playthroughs.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#3967 Ace_Defective

Ace_Defective

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:41 PM

It's allot easier to upgrade the buckler & use the chunks of cloudstone from the body in 4-3. If you play through 3.5 times, that is 8 chunks. You only need 7 chunks for the buckler.

#3968 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:11 PM

There MAY be another quasi-sequel coming to Vita.

click me

#3969 snowsquirrel

snowsquirrel

solid squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:35 PM

Funny, since Vita's launch I have said the day Dark/Demon Souls comes to the Vita, I will buy one.

I am nervous because I am not seeing a From connection. I think Sony owns the rights to DeS, that is why Dark Souls was not called DeS II. So it is possible that Sony farmed out Souls Sacrifice to some other studio.

Fingers X'd.
* Need a notebook for your project? www.projectnotebookr.com: tasks, notes, timelines, etc.
* The Blog of an Educated Squirrel: comments on gaming, technology, and other general nerdery.

#3970 BREVITY

BREVITY

The Soul of Wit.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:09 AM

Finally beat this game tonight. 137h, lvl 91, Deprived class. Amazing game! I cant recall how long it took me to beat the first one but it was longer than it should have. Load of fun.
3DS Friend Code:4382-1988-8437 QR Image http://yfrog.com/gzvezjyj
iOS GameCenter Name: BREVITY
Posted ImagePosted Image
Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

#3971 ml_paladin888

ml_paladin888

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:41 AM

hi all,

can anyone help me get the Monk's Head Collar at some point this weekend? I'm pretty sure I have to invade someone who is heading up to fight the world 3 boss.

#3972 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:09 PM

You don't have to invade - try using your blue eye stone (as if you want to get summoned) anywhere in World 3 and you have a chance of becoming the boss in 3-3. Just put it down somewhere out of the way so you don't actually get summoned as a blue phantom.

#3973 ml_paladin888

ml_paladin888

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:48 PM

You don't have to invade - try using your blue eye stone (as if you want to get summoned) anywhere in World 3 and you have a chance of becoming the boss in 3-3. Just put it down somewhere out of the way so you don't actually get summoned as a blue phantom.

ah, so i can probably just put it down inside of the room where the fight takes place.

Though, i guess I'd still need someone to actually initiate the boss fight?

#3974 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

Anywhere in the tower of Latria will work, I don't think you can actually drop a blue stone in much of that final staircase leading to the boss fight. I usually dropped it near the maneater entrance, following the curve around aways and placed it under the pots.

Then it's a matter of waiting until someone connected to the server tries to kill that boss and you will have a chance to be summoned to fight instead of the NPC.

Guardian_owl.png

#3975 Supplice

Supplice

Popcorn.gif

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:58 AM

Since this is the last month before NA servers go offline, I'm definitely going to enjoy a few invasions during the closing days. Great memories, :applause:.

#3976 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:29 PM

It's a pure white event currently until May 15ish, if an area is not pure white, try entering the level, exiting, shutting down Demon's Souls, and then booting it back up again. It might take a few connects and reconnects until your worlds are fully averaged to pure white.

Guardian_owl.png

#3977 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:15 AM

I just started playing this game and I really wish I would have played long before the last month of the servers.

Edited by evildeadjedi, 16 May 2012 - 12:57 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3978 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:55 PM

Oh man, you started just in time for Pure Black? Rough way to start. Enjoy, though! My fav game of the last several years, easily.

#3979 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:44 PM

Oh man, you started just in time for Pure Black? Rough way to start. Enjoy, though! My fav game of the last several years, easily.

ahhh crap. I forgot about the world tendencies shifting. I think I only have boss battles left. I beat worlds 2 and 4. I have the final boss fights on 1,3, and 5 left.

#3980 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:27 PM

I really enjoyed this game (except for that one level where there's tons of scaffolding because I must have fallen off of that a dozen times when I was first starting that level :bomb:). I think I'm going to go back through it again soon and try to get the platinum for it.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#3981 snowsquirrel

snowsquirrel

solid squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:58 PM

I beat this game once, and loved it.

Just started trying to co-op this game with my son. But looks like we won't get close to finishing, as our play time is pretty limited right now. I wish they'd give us another 3 months.... I know they have already extended the date way past, and are unlikely to do it again.

~S
* Need a notebook for your project? www.projectnotebookr.com: tasks, notes, timelines, etc.
* The Blog of an Educated Squirrel: comments on gaming, technology, and other general nerdery.

#3982 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:06 PM

Demon's Souls servers in North America are staying up for the "foreseable future". Pure White tendency event for Memorial Weekend.

Guardian_owl.png

#3983 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:09 PM

Ha, pretty awesome of them TBH.

#3984 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:13 PM

Nice - I was just coming in here to post this!

#3985 snowsquirrel

snowsquirrel

solid squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:25 PM

Joy!

#3986 twiceborn

twiceborn

SAY WHAT?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:49 PM

Atlus is fucking awesome. This only makes me wish that they had published Dark Souls instead of Namco.

"When I die, I want to go just like my grandpa, peacefully and in my sleep,... not kicking and screaming like all of his passengers."

Joker "It seems he finally took the stick out of his a#*, but now he wants to beat people to death with it."

#3987 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:05 PM

Does anyone remember how much Demon's Souls cost during that Black Friday sale a year or two ago? There were three sales then: one for the regular game, another for the game and soundtrack, and a third for the game, soundtrack, and artbook.

#3988 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:33 AM

Does anyone remember how much Demon's Souls cost during that Black Friday sale a year or two ago? There were three sales then: one for the regular game, another for the game and soundtrack, and a third for the game, soundtrack, and artbook.

These are what I paid for them:

with soundtrack 16.99 (think it went on sale for $15)
artbook and soundtrack 25.99 (may have gone on sale for $19.99)

EDIT: I'm glad the servers are staying up! I was panicking because I want to get the monk hat.

#3989 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:45 AM

Awesome!!! :bouncy::applause:\\:D/
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3990 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:49 AM

$13 with the CD maybe? Not sure, I already owned it when that sale was going.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.