Demon's Souls - Atlus & From Software's Action RPG - October 6

• Please log in to reply
4075 replies to this topic

#31 theblizzman

theblizzman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2009 - 01:14 PM

I was one of the rare King's Field fans back when, so I'll be watching for this one.

I was hoping the PSP remakes of the King's Field games would get a US version but no luck so far.

I couldn't agree more. I loved Kings field, but have given up hope the PSP remakes will be coming stateside. I am not getting a warm feeling that this will see a US release so I just bit the bullet and bought Demons Souls from yesasia yesterday. They listed it in stock, but it will not ship for a month (then a week for delivery).

Have any CAGs actually imported the game yet?

#32 Borei no Shi

Borei no Shi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2009 - 06:56 PM

I have. It's similar to King's Field, but moreso the Shadow Tower series.

#33 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2009 - 07:58 PM

http://www.play-asia...soul-43-99.html

What one to buy that is full english? Jap or asian version?
Posted Image

#34 refusedchaos

refusedchaos

will code for food

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:01 PM

http://www.play-asia...soul-43-99.html

What one to buy that is full english? Jap or asian version?

Asian

Join Points2Shop and get ANYTHING you want from Amazon!!!! (i have gotten $77, 5 PS3 games and 3 anime boxset so far!!!!!)

#35 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:53 PM

Sweet I just ordered it, folks say it should ship withen a week
Posted Image

#36 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:13 PM

where's the cheapest place to order this?

#37 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:25 PM

where's the cheapest place to order this?

I just ordered from Play-Asia.com, it came to $67 shipped via 5-10 day shipping speed, pretty good knowing this game probably wont come to the US, Asian version is full english (Text, voice, menu), Online mode is compatible in all regions (Mean US players can play with people in Japan and Korea)

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/

Their is the English Wiki, Great info
Posted Image

#38 happy

happy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:41 AM

If they even have english voices already done they would be stupid not to do some kind of US release. Even if they only print 10K copies and don't advertise much, I think the fact that it is an RPG will move enough units to justify getting a rating and printing the discs. They should put it out sometime during the summer, after InFamous just so they can have exclusives coming out throughout the year.

#39 Third Eye

Third Eye

Giant Robot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:39 PM

If they even have english voices already done they would be stupid not to do some kind of US release. Even if they only print 10K copies and don't advertise much, I think the fact that it is an RPG will move enough units to justify getting a rating and printing the discs. They should put it out sometime during the summer, after InFamous just so they can have exclusives coming out throughout the year.

Why even wait that long? If you want it now, there's no reason to wait since this game has 100% english support. The ONLY thing that's not in english is the instruction booklet. Even then you get an insert that's in english which tells you the important features within the game. Also there's a Demon's Souls wiki out there.

I ordered it on the 14th from play-asia, I don't know when they're going to get more stock in since it's still back ordered. I'm thinking I won't see it till late April-May. Hoping I'm wrong.

#40 Third Eye

Third Eye

Giant Robot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:21 AM

Argh....anyone else order this from Play-Asia? I ordered it on the 14th of this month and its status got updated to back ordered the following day. I've been waiting since then and I'm just curious how long it takes these bastards to restock?

#41 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:17 PM

NCSX seems to keep getting new shipments in of the Asia version, but they sellout in a matter of seconds!!

http://www.ncsxshop....BCAS-20071.html

Read the comments on the page. They're very helpful.

#42 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:39 PM

NCSX seems to keep getting new shipments in of the Asia version, but they sellout in a matter of seconds!!

http://www.ncsxshop....BCAS-20071.html

Read the comments on the page. They're very helpful.

Canceled my Play-Asia order for the asian version since people who ordered in Feb, are still on Backordered.

I ordered it from NCSX on 3/26 (Click details on the product and they list in most cases the EXACT day they expect to receive more of that item, so I placed an odered and it shipped a matter of hours later (Ships from NY), I received it today, and cant wait to try it out!
Posted Image

#43 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:12 AM

Awesome to hear. Check back as I am curious on this game. I am really hoping for a local release!

#44 gobz

gobz

~* Bird Lives *~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2009 - 03:18 AM

I managed to get two of these. One to play and one to keep. I have the feeling that this game is going to be rare. Hopefully ill get a chance to try it out sometime soon but Killzone 2 has me hooked

Posted Image

#45 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:46 PM

I received it today, and cant wait to try it out!

Cool :) I'm glad I was able to help a CAG out!

#46 GamerPro4000

GamerPro4000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:57 AM

Looks like a great game but not enough for me to spend almost 70 dollars. It costs too much for a game that has not been rated from American game critics like gamespot or GT. Seems risky to me. Also anyone notice the health, mana, & stamina bar looks like its from oblivion?

694d4eb2-1434-4fcd-8d4e-7a3fb9ae65c7.png

Currently own a PS3 and a Computer Rig:
Core i7 950, 6Gb DDR3 Corsair, Nvidia GTX 780, 60GB OCZ SSD

#47 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2009 - 08:44 PM

I got this game, verdict is.....I love it 9/10 easily, very challenging but reward is that much better. I dont regret my $75 purchase one bit. Here is my character so far....

Knight w/ Black Assassin's Leather

Posted Image

Anyone care to share their characters?

I beat 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, and working on 3-1 currently
Posted Image

#48 easper

easper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2009 - 03:06 PM

One of our writers over at PixelVerdict.com just posted his review of Demon's Souls. He really dug it.

#49 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:41 PM

Gave up Eternal Sonata so I could play this one... have to say I'm loving it!! (Ba da ba ba ba) Not quite sure what I'm doing now, but it's feels rewarding once you learn the system better. Kinda like how Etrian Odyssey felt once you got into it. :3

#50 erectiontown

erectiontown

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:09 PM

i'm pretty tempted to order this

#51 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:36 PM

Ha, so I finally beat 1-2 (Tower Knight)!! Instead of trying to fight my way through everyone to get to the actual boss, I ran through most everyone. When the TK finally came down, the fog lifted and they all came running after me!! lol Great game :).

#52 Hestar

Hestar

Artax! Stupid Horse!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:46 PM

Man I wanna play this game so badly :( (I love the kings field series).I shoul've got this game instead of killzone 2 :/
Posted Image

Macklin....you son of a bitch 8-)

#53 xsouthparkx

xsouthparkx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2009 - 10:45 PM

Hmm so does anyone think there will be an English release? Or should I just buy the asian version?

What should we care to know of what is going on in that great insane asylum called "the world" ?

-Franz Hartmann

#54 cochesecochese

cochesecochese

corrompido e imoral

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2009 - 10:47 PM

I'd guess about 0% chance of an English release. Just import it.

this signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by satan. go ahead dauntlessly! make rapid progress!

#55 Third Eye

Third Eye

Giant Robot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:07 PM

Hmm so does anyone think there will be an English release? Or should I just buy the asian version?

You can buy the Korean version too. It has full English support just like the Asian version. Might run a tad cheaper too.

#56 xsouthparkx

xsouthparkx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:13 AM

You can buy the Korean version too. It has full English support just like the Asian version. Might run a tad cheaper too.

I just bought the asian version. I hope I like it lol. Though the website says it won't get here until mid May.

What should we care to know of what is going on in that great insane asylum called "the world" ?

-Franz Hartmann

#57 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2009 - 03:34 AM

I think I'm going to give in and put an order in for this. Since nowhere has it in stock right now, that means it won't show up until the semester is over. 8-)

#58 happy

happy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2009 - 04:00 AM

Wow, that Eurogamer review might be the first review I have ever read and thought Fuck I Must buy this game. I won't have any time to play it till the fall at earliest, so hopefully a US version will be announced by then, or the asian one will be more available/cheaper.

Sony should post that review on the wall at E3 and announce they are releasing the game in the US, the localization is already done, they can even just do it as a $40 game on PSN, Gamestop/walmart won't care about not having this on the shelves.

#59 kurokubushi

kurokubushi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2009 - 05:03 PM

I want this game sobaadly..... I'll probally just wait till someone on here is willing to trde it and then sell my soul to them in exchange.

#60 coolz481

coolz481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:28 PM

For what it's worth, Demon's Souls also got a very positive write-up in the latest issue of Play magazine. The only potential drawback, depending on your point-of-view, is that's is supposedly pretty challenging.
\\:D/