Demon's Souls - Atlus & From Software's Action RPG - October 6

• Please log in to reply
4075 replies to this topic

#61 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2009 - 09:01 PM

Goddamn, NeoGAF has me so pumped about getting destroyed by this game. I think I can hold off as long as it doesn't get a US release.

#62 Third Eye

Third Eye

Giant Robot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:52 PM

Son of a bitch. My order got delayed till early May. I guess WoW will have to hold me over till then.

#63 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:02 PM

So I wonder how many people in the US will now pretend to have ever cared about King's Field, or even From Software in general, now that they have a PS3-exclusive to cling to and fawn over.
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#64 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:18 PM

So I wonder how many people in the US will now pretend to have ever cared about King's Field, or even From Software in general, now that they have a PS3-exclusive to cling to and fawn over.

Just like the Fallout series? :roll:

#65 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:27 PM

Im pretty much done with this game (90% complete) I have the Asian version (Full English) so I will probably put it up for trade or sell on CAG, since its still hard to find. I will provide pics and all that, PM if interested
Posted Image

#66 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:22 PM

Just like the Fallout series? :roll:

Almost. The difference, is that people got interested in Fallout 3 because of the publisher (and their reputation with Elder Scrolls; another series that suddenly got really popular with it's third entry), not the platform.
Hi...

Posted Image

#67 Third Eye

Third Eye

Giant Robot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:42 PM

Kingsfield WAS awesome though (for me). It was one of the only rpg's out at the time so no fucking shit I cared about it. From Software also made Otogi which was bad ass as well. I can't comment on the other stuff they've made but comments like yours are just fodder for trolls.

#68 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:44 PM

It was one of the only rpg's out at the time

Uh, if you say so...

but comments like yours are just fodder for trolls.

Oh, chill the hell out. I'm just saying, that the PS3 community seems to make a big deal out of EVERY SINGLE EXCLUSIVE, no matter what it's credentials. I find it really hard to believe that as many people as will make a big deal out of this exclusive game , as actually cared about From's RPG history.
Hi...

Posted Image

#69 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:55 PM

I don't think anyone's really making as big of a deal about this game as you've made it out to be, as evidenced by the ~60 posts made before you found this thread. The fact that it's not even out in the US makes it very hard for anybody, besides a few people on Neogaf, to care about the game.

#70 SilentSinr

SilentSinr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 12:30 AM

has anyone decided to import this one yet since it has english subtitles?
if so how is it?
and how other games would you compare it to?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#71 Third Eye

Third Eye

Giant Robot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:51 AM

Uh, if you say so...

Wow, you must not remember but there were barely any RPG's for the PSone when it launched in 95. King's Field was one of few here in NA.

#72 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:56 AM

Wow, you must not remember but there were barely any RPG's for the PSone when it launched in 95. King's Field was one of few here in NA.

The PlayStation was totally not the only thing to play videogames on in 1995.
Hi...

Posted Image

#73 Third Eye

Third Eye

Giant Robot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:03 AM

The PlayStation was totally not the only thing to play videogames on in 1995.

Sorry if you took it the wrong way but I was only talking about PSone RPG's. They were very limited on that system when it launched and for quite some time after which is why King's Field filled that void for some people.

I don't think anyone's really making as big of a deal about this game as you've made it out to be, as evidenced by the ~60 posts made before you found this thread. The fact that it's not even out in the US makes it very hard for anybody, besides a few people on Neogaf, to care about the game.

There's actually a TON of ppl very aware of this game, lots calling it their GOTY of the year so far. Eurogamer posted their review, somethingawful forums has had two 1,200+ post threads about it, the thread on Gaf is over 3k posts. Gametrailers, gamespot or almost any video game forums has lots of interested people.

Edited by Third Eye, 28 April 2009 - 06:05 AM.
Murgle

#74 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:38 AM

Sorry if you took it the wrong way but I was only talking about PSone RPG's.

Okay, see, there is nothing about the statement "It was one of the only rpg's out at the time" that is PlayStation-specific, so you can't blame me for misinterpreting it.
Hi...

Posted Image

#75 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:53 AM

That still isn't that many sales for a game that's supposedly a big deal.

#76 Third Eye

Third Eye

Giant Robot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:44 AM

That still isn't that many sales for a game that's supposedly a big deal.

Just curious but, where did you get that info from? The only source shown regarding the sales of Demon's Souls has been a famitsu magazine article saying the Japanese version sold 100k. Didn't say anything about the other two versions.

#77 SilentSinr

SilentSinr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 12:24 PM

yeah every site i have been to it backordered...and their new shipment that they get is also sold out. So it looks like sometime late May will be when they get more in lol...if they don't sell out again
Posted ImagePosted Image

#78 theblizzman

theblizzman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:54 PM

yeah every site i have been to it backordered...and their new shipment that they get is also sold out. So it looks like sometime late May will be when they get more in lol...if they don't sell out again

Just received my second delay notification today. Bought it about two months ago with an initial ship date of April 20th, then delayed to May 5th, and now delayed until May 27th.

#79 Third Eye

Third Eye

Giant Robot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:19 PM

Just received my second delay notification today. Bought it about two months ago with an initial ship date of April 20th, then delayed to May 5th, and now delayed until May 27th.

Damn, what site?

#80 erectiontown

erectiontown

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:19 PM

did you order from ncsx? if so, that means mine will be delayed too; i ordered around april 16

#81 theblizzman

theblizzman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:31 PM

yesasia

#82 Third Eye

Third Eye

Giant Robot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2009 - 07:59 AM

Shit, finally! Play-Asia shipped my stuff out today! Only took two months.

PSN: AcidAvatar if anyone wants to play sometime :)

Edited by Third Eye, 29 April 2009 - 08:21 AM.

#83 erectiontown

erectiontown

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:34 PM

i certainly placed my play-asia order at the right time! ordered sunday, shipped today!

#84 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:25 AM

I'm trying to find out as much as I possibly can about this game before I try and grab a copy. Is it turn based or action? Is it a straight up action RPG/dungeon crawler type of game?

I ask because I like the action-y type of RPG's but I CAN'T STAND anything like Final Fantasy.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#85 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 02:22 PM

It's a straight-up ARPG/dungeon crawler. You should have a blast with this one!

I went ahead and ditched my knight character, as playing as her was just too hard. Re-started with a Royal (soul arrow + regenerating MP ring = WIN) and the game is almost too easy now. You can keep your enemies at a distance and even their hand-to-hand combat isn't that bad. Still haven't beaten 2-2 though :-(.

#86 dallow

dallow

Posted 30 April 2009 - 02:39 PM

I have to agree, this game seems to be getting a lot of attention lately from importers.
As soon as this FF:Advent Children sells, I'll order up a copy as I've been meaning to since the game came out.

:rofl: never change

#87 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2009 - 02:47 PM

Man, so I went through 2-2 (yay!) and 3-1 last night. This game still amazes me!! It captures the oppressive scary vibe that Resident Evil has been trying to do for YEARS. I literally didn't blink the entire time I was at the Tower of Latria.

#88 erectiontown

erectiontown

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2009 - 02:53 PM

Man, so I went through 2-2 (yay!) and 3-1 last night. This game still amazes me!! It captures the oppressive scary vibe that Resident Evil has been trying to do for YEARS. I literally didn't blink the entire time I was at the Tower of Latria.

man, you are making me live up to my username. i cannot wait till this thing gets here. Let's go USPS!

#89 MiniB0ssBattle

MiniB0ssBattle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:56 PM

I tried to order at Yes-Asia, it got an order process on hold e-mail. poop.

#90 dallow

dallow

Posted 01 May 2009 - 10:14 PM

Sold out seemingly everywhere, and ebay prices are nearing $80. :(